Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/CastlevaniaHD.html

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (ntscus) (xb360) [Any %] [Individual Level] [Hard] [DLC] [No Zips] [Character: Simon]
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (ntscus) (xb360) [Any %] [Individual Level] [Hard] [No Zips] [Character: Simon]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Patrick 'PJ' DiCesare!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (ntscus) (xb360) [Any %] [Individual Level] [Hard] [No Zips] [Character: Simon]
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (ntscus) (xb360) [Any %] [Individual Level] [Hard] [DLC] [No Zips] [Character: Simon]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/castlevaniahd-20150830/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
Is PJ
So, I meant to ask SDA people if they could also add a compilation of all these ILs to the game page if this gets accepted, for ease of viewing.  The ratio of loading/statID to gameplay is pretty high for some of these ILs.  Said compilation can be publicly accessed below, if any verifiers want to use this instead (though I'd upload the higher quality versions and commentary for SDA).  Note that the ILs up for verification here are chapters 2, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11.

Thanks in advance!
Terraffirmative!
PJ is an idiot, but at least now he's an idiot without an excuse to play CVHD

accept
Get over here!
Quote from MURPHAGATOR!:
PJ is an idiot, but at least now he's an idiot without an excuse to play CVHD

accept

Rest in pieces CVHD. You never stood a chance.

Accept.
Quits halfway
A/V: I only downloaded the XQ versions, but they look and sound great. Whatever capture card was used is a big step up.

I think with PJ it's a given that if he submits something, it's good enough to accept. Here are my useless comments on top of that.

Chapter 2: Different selection of corner boosts and some better boss BDC + lag generation. I'm really partial to the boost into the big main room, but the Treant one is nice, too. The old video actually ended up starting the boss .1 earlier.

Chapter 5: That was amazing, the best blooper record ever. Also, same realtime as the last IL, but better IGT. It seems like the lag creation techniques are important now. Is the imp boost much more consistent than the Harpy boost? Missing the second pendulum was unfortunate, maybe next year when you pick the game up again we'll get to see that.

Chapter 7: Simon's the fastest here because of height shenanigans, I think. Accepted for the music either way.

Chapter 8: During the loading screen to this level, this is pretty much the exact run I'd imagine. Good to see the impossible boost is still impossible. I looooove that corner boost @ 1:40 video time, it's a shame Ukoback didn't let you ride it all the way down.

Chapter 9: I forgot about that route.

Chapter 10: This is an ordeal just to watch, I can't even imagine how it was to run. This one really stands in stark contrast to the others, in that there's an unintentional hit or two and a semblance of hesitation in some areas. Your corner boosts are on point, though. And a wrong way whip. This is also pretty much as good as I ever hoped for when I played, and it'll just be down to PJ succumbing to bouts of masochism before this time gets improved.

Chapter 11: This was really good.

Thanks for making these. Accept.
Edit history:
PJ: 2015-10-08 03:14:11 pm
Is PJ
Quote from Aftermath:
A/V: I only downloaded the XQ versions, but they look and sound great. Whatever capture card was used is a big step up.

Yea my Xbox doesn't have HDMI out, so Omnigamer was generous enough to record these for me.  They are beautiful videos!

Quote from Aftermath:
Chapter 2: Different selection of corner boosts and some better boss BDC + lag generation. I'm really partial to the boost into the big main room, but the Treant one is nice, too. The old video actually ended up starting the boss .1 earlier.

Yea, I am really sad about the miss into the main room.  That is the only corner boost I missed, and my BDC on Puppet Master was perfect, so I have no motivation to improve.  Still sad.

Quote from Aftermath:
Chapter 5: That was amazing, the best blooper record ever. Also, same realtime as the last IL, but better IGT. It seems like the lag creation techniques are important now. Is the imp boost much more consistent than the Harpy boost? Missing the second pendulum was unfortunate, maybe next year when you pick the game up again we'll get to see that.

The imp boost is more consistent as long as your movement for their entire lifetime is consistent.  As long as I don't have to slow down to malachi, I should be able to manipulate them into the perfect position most of the time.  This stage actually got the worst possible RNG without actually losing any time to it.  I almost died to a medusa head before malachi, and the malachi used his worst attack but I somehow made it through it without avoiding it.  And the king of all sickle spawns during the Death fight.  Haha.

Second pendulum room and better BDC on Death is the only possible way this is being improved.  I would've tried for it if the end of this IL wasn't so hilarious, honestly.

Quote from Aftermath:
Chapter 10: This is an ordeal just to watch, I can't even imagine how it was to run. This one really stands in stark contrast to the others, in that there's an unintentional hit or two and a semblance of hesitation in some areas. Your corner boosts are on point, though. And a wrong way whip. This is also pretty much as good as I ever hoped for when I played, and it'll just be down to PJ succumbing to bouts of masochism before this time gets improved.

This chapter was a nightmare.  It can literally end at any second during most of the level.  My pace to mummies was probably about 20 seconds faster than normal because of good medusa head luck (for dive kick boosts) and hitting the big corner boost.  I have NO idea how I managed to get this time, but I am very definitely done with this stage.  Honestly the worst part of this is the Drac fight.  I had some really poor spacing on those boomerangs...

Multiplayer table when?
PJ, to answer your question at the top. If you append all the videos and send them the same way you uploaded the individual level runs, it's no problem to also host it on the game page. It will be something like for http://speeddemosarchive.com/FLaiL.html. It's obviously not ideal if one of the ILs get obsoleted, but I'm sure you already thought of that.
Is PJ
Quote from ktwo:
PJ, to answer your question at the top. If you append all the videos and send them the same way you uploaded the individual level runs, it's no problem to also host it on the game page. It will be something like for http://speeddemosarchive.com/FLaiL.html. It's obviously not ideal if one of the ILs get obsoleted, but I'm sure you already thought of that.

Ok sweet, I'll take care of it this weekend!  Thanks!

And yea, I will never come back to these ILs.  I might work on other categories/characters, but these are definitely done.  Tongue
Decision posted.