Castlevania: Dracula X (ntscus) (snes) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Bad Ending]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'lildingus'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Castlevania: Dracula X (ntscus) (snes) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Bad Ending]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/CastlevaniaDraculaX-20181018/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
Professional Second Banana
A/V quality are fine for a SNES game.

Have always had a soft spot for this game's speedrun, despite the game itself having a mostly-deserved reputation as an inferior port of Rondo of Blood.  Dracula X's large number of damage boost skips (some of which are quite precise/difficult) and heart count routing being hugely important (subweapon multipliers are purely heart count-based, item crashes are needed for several boss quick kills, and hearts carry over between stages) make for a quite different speedrun from Rondo or any other CV game.

This run is well done overall - definitely improvable due to missed jumps & hits on bosses here and there, but a solid improvement to the current site run and an easy accept from me.
A/V: very good.

Without being an expert on the series, I think the planning looks thought-out and the execution sufficiently good as well.

Accept!
Nice improvement over the previous run. After having watched both the previous and new run, there are a few things I'm wondering about though:
8:27 - Were the attack and the wrong backflip meant to manipulate something or mistakes? The previous run was 4 seconds faster here. Maybe the inputs for the special attack and backflips are close?
10:36 Is the movement of these guys completely random? If not, would it have been possible to jump over to his platform, immediately duck (to prevent knockback), get hit and use the I-frames to jump over to the next platform?
11:59 Wouldn't it have been possible to jump up these stairs? This is just one example, but it seemed like more stairs could have been jumped than what was done.
15:00 Funny, when I watched the current run, I had a feeling that those platforms would be possible to manipulate. Nice to see that there seems to be a method for it now.

Overall, lots of new strats and some more risk taken. The execution admittedely looks improveable in some areas, but I guess going for tighter tricks, earlier platform cycles and such will hurt the consistency to some extent.

Accept
Decision posted.
http://www.twitch.tv/lildingus
8:27 i was a frame late with a damage boost
10:36 the problem is health, iframes sort of get ignorned by axe knights so i could have been chained to death quick
11:59 walking up was timing as to not get hit by fireballs/bats
15:00 funny thing is if you go too fast the top platforms dont spawn
Formerly known as Skullboy
I didn't get around to verifying this in time but good job! Nice use of the Pikemen (those guys are jerks).