Castelian (ntscj) (nes) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'ktwo'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Castelian (ntscj) (nes) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/castelian-20190623/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
It often looks like you don't jump as early as you should in staircases, instead ending up caught on each step along the way. I'm assuming this is just the way it controls? I see there's some notes on stairs in the guide.

I'm sure you tested shooting more enemies to reduce lag.

12:18 - why not jump into the pit instead?
I tried to jump as early as possible, but I'm sure there were some cases where my input was slightly off and I ended up landing on the side of the next step. Assuming that's what you meant.

The only enemies you can shoot are the bouncing ball enemies. The run would have looked very different if every enemy was destoryable. There are a couple of situations, where you have the option to shoot a ball enemy or not. The considerations in those cases are described in the guide.

It's not possible to jump down the pits in bonus 5, 6 and 7. It might look like it should be, but the platforms appear too early for it to work.
Okay, this isn't difficult to

accept

(what an unusual game)
Decision posted.