Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
Hello all!  I am Charles Brohard, aka CosmykTheDolfyn, and I am proud to announce that plans for our second Buckeye Speed Bash are already under way.
If you want to see some of the points I'm going to make here in video form instead of reading, watch this video here:

Where:
Most Likely Holiday Inn I-270 North Worthington, Ohio
When:
June 9-11
Why:
Have fun speedrunning with a local Midwest event, and raise money for a local Ohio Charity!

We are very pleased to announce submissions have also opened, and can be submitted here at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdTPHRAKEhurOlKiBNqT1chyYtucVfb3wnlelp24eDuE1YIwg/viewform?pageId=105183793291838372694
Submissions will be open until April 8th, Midnight EST.
You can join the BSB discord here for more information as we continue with our planning phases: https://discord.gg/Z7KPQ44

Last year, we held the first Buckeye Speed Bash in Columbus, Ohio to great success.  Our plan was to set up a stream, showcase some of the speedrunning talent in Ohio and have a good time in general.  We accomplished all of those goals, and were convinced that we should do it again.  There will be some changes as compared to last year:

Last year, stream was 2 days, June 11th and 12th.  After submissions were over, we realized that we would have to turn down a lot of good runs just due to the amount of time we had.  Not only that, but with the submissions we did have, a longer stream was clearly viable.  This year, we are planning to increase the stream time to 3 days, June 9th-11th, without any extended breaks.  This will increase our stream time for the event by double or triple compared to last year, and will give more people an opportunity to showcase their runs.

Last year, we were plagued by tech problems.  We had a very slow setup and constant internet issues with the hotel.  This year, we have already have tested the internet at the possible hotel locations to make sure it will be possible to have good internet.  Our most likely location (the Holiday Inn mentioned above) does indeed have sufficient internet speeds to set up a high quality stream that is stable.  Our contract is not finalized, but it is nearly there (expect it to be finalized within a week).  We also plan on renting out our stream room the day before the event starts, June 8th, to give us time to properly setup.

We do plan on partnering with a charity this year.  Last year, we did not do so. We want to help support an Ohio based charity this year, but note this will still be a community first event.  Like last year, we want to try to make sure everyone who submits gets at least one run in, based on schedule availability.

If you feel like you want to attend such an event, please submit some runs!  Or, just fill out the game submission form and leave the games section blank to let us know you still want to attend, even if you don't want to run anything.  You can also watch at twitch.tv/buckeyespeedbash and see the current submissions at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aBgd4zrsZ6UockLErIklFOg6MfN-N103-_EFnBF8X9A/edit#gid=26251625

Thanks to everyone for reading and have a great day!
Thread title:  
No, the OTHER Marvel!
So mad I couldn't go to the last one.  This is a short drive up High from me!

Definitely going to submit, or at least stop by, hang out, and maybe supply a CRT or two.
I don't know if I can submit anything but I think I can probably attend this year.  Can't wait!
Quote from OneTrueBelmont:
I don't know if I can submit anything but I think I can probably attend this year.  Can't wait!

You should click the link above to join our discord server then. Last year was pretty great, and this year is going to be even better.
Quote from lightningluke81:

You should click the link above to join our discord server then. Last year was pretty great, and this year is going to be even better.

Thank you!  I will go and do that.
I remember last year, you guys had some bad luck when your computer died on you. But I will be sure to catch it this year. Wish I could attend, my hometown is an hour away, but right now I am 8000kms away from said hometown. Good luck with the marathon.
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
This is a general reminder that we are two days away from submissions closing, and are already at around triple the submissions of last year!  If you have games you want to add, please do so now!
NowOwnsAFreaking Plane
We have our games list and schedule out!
https://horaro.org/buckeyespeedbash2/schedule

For anyone that is wondering, "Why isn't X run on there?", feel free to message me here or join the BSB discord and message me there.  We originally wanted to have longer night shifts to accommodate some submissions, but are also unsure exactly how much tech manpower we will have during those the night and therefore left some time breaks for tech people to get some rest.