ZenicReverie: 2011-11-16 03:22:24 pm
ZenicReverie: 2011-11-16 03:20:38 pm
ZenicReverie: 2011-11-16 01:39:00 pm
ZenicReverie: 2011-11-16 12:46:25 pm
ZenicReverie: 2011-11-16 12:40:00 pm
ZenicReverie: 2011-11-16 12:39:19 pm
ZenicReverie: 2011-11-16 11:38:45 am
Waiting hurts my soul...
It's that time of year again. My local game store is going to have their Black Friday sale, and I'm willing to buy and ship games for everyone. They have a huge selection, and you never know what they'll have (they don't post their inventory). Their prices are normally reasonable, and with the sale, usually an exceptional deal. The sale isn't posted yet, but it's usually at least 20% off They just posted their sale ad, and it looks like it's only going to be for new games (no used games on sale); I'm going to check back next week to find out what "$5 Selected Titles" actually means. Here is the site for their prices (if a price is too good to be true, they probably don't have it, but it doesn't hurt to look). Shipping starts at $3 in the US for 1 game and scales up from there. I try to ship priority, but I'm willing to ship slower if you want to save a couple bucks. I will use a flat rate box when possible (2 games = $5, ~10 - 15 games = $12, ~ 20 - 25 games = $16). For international, Canada and Mexico can usually approximate by adding $10, and all others can add $20.

I'll look through the other threads already posted as a starting point. Here's what I'll need from you:

Game Name - System (if it isn't obvious) - price limit (in case their prices change) - restrictions (e.g. no label damage, box and instructions, must have instructions + maps + no box okay, etc)

I'll keep a master list of games here that I'm looking for in order of priority (last year two people wanted Mega Man 7 SNES, but they only had one copy). I'm going to stop by Wednesday to check out their stock, but won't have a whole lot of time to look. Also, even if it's not on the shelves Wednesday, it could be in the back and put out for Friday; likewise if it's there, it could be bought later that day and won't be there Friday.

Also, I'm already planning on shipping some games for AGDQ, and if Mike is willing and you're attending, I can include your games in that shippment to minimize the cost. Of course, that means you won't have them until AGDQ.

Hurblat:
Breath of Fire
E.V.O.
Final Fight
Illusion of Gaia
Jim Power
Lagoon
Lufia
Mega Man X3
Mohawk and Headphone Jack
Plok
R-Type III
RoboTrek
RPM Racing
Secret of Evermore
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Super Turrican
Wild Guns
Xardion
dballin:
The Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak (NES)
Little Samson (NES)
Mega Man Soccer (SNES)
Super R-Type (SNES)
Saturday Night Slam Masters (SNES)
legend of mystical ninja (SNES)
super double dragon (SNES)
Giga Wing (DC)
mikwuyma:
Spy Fiction (PS2)
Trekhaak:
Army of Two: The 40th day (PS3)
Dark Void (PS3)
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard (PS3)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)
Star Wars: TFU II (PS3)
Timeshift (PS3)
Castlevania (N64)
Clayfighter 63 1/3 (N64)
South Park (N64)
TheCape:
Harvest Moon 64
mike89:
Ristar (Gen)
Earthworm Jim (Gen)
Cool Spot (Gen)
Mega Bomberman (Gen)
Ecco 1 (Gen)
Castle of Illusion (Gen)
Sonic 1 (SMS)
Sonic 2 (SMS)
Dragondarch:
Spelunker (NES)
Drakkhen (SNES)
Lufia: The Legend Returns (GBC)
Armored Core: Project Phantasma (PS1)
Armored Core: Master of Arena (PS1)
Overblood (PS1)
Brandish (SNES)

Added from other threads
---------------------------------
Zealie:
Donkey Kong (the solo one, not the 2in1 with DK Jr.) - NES
Kirby's Adventure - NES
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - SNES
Rock 'n Roll Racing - Genesis
Lost Vikings 2 (SNES)
Pilotwings (SNES)
IkomaSoji:
TMNT IV: Turtles in Time (SNES)
Demon's Crest (SNES)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past (SNES)
Breath of Fire 1 + 2 (SNES)
Super Castlevania (SNES)
Actraiser 2 (SNES)
Lost Vikings 2 (SNES)
Maximum Carnage (SNES)
Secret of Mana (SNES)
Secret of Evermore (SNES)
Yoshi's island (SNES)
Demon Sword (NES)
Fester's Quest (NES)
Blaster Master (NES)
The World Ends with You (DS)
iast:
Dragon Fighter (NES)
Heidrage:
Sparkster (SNES)
Ninja Gaiden 1, 2, & 3 (NES)
Thread title:  
You sir are a very generous individual! I'm aware that a lot of these will be hard to find, but one can hope Smiley

For all games: SNES - minor label damage is OK - if possible with box and manual, otherwise cart only is fine.
Breath of Fire
E.V.O.
Final Fight
Illusion of Gaia
Jim Power
Lufia
Mega Man X3
Mohawk and Headphone Jack
Plok
R-Type III
RoboTrek
RPM Racing
Secret of Evermore
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Super Turrican
Wild Guns
Xardion
oh my god, these lists are so straightforward

what the fuck is this? this game store isn't supposed to be real.
Waiting hurts my soul...
This place has been around since I was a kid, so at least... a long time. The list are only for prices and not reflective of inventory. Just want to make sure that's clear. I think I'll take pictures on Wednesday to show how big this place is (I'm sure there are bigger, but this is the largest selection I've ever seen).
Is PJ
Hurblat has great taste in games.

(I will edit in my list in a few hours)
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2011-11-16 02:06:56 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
Okay, they just posted their ad for Black Friday, and it doesn't mention a sale on all used games like usual. I just called and they said it'll only be for selected items. Sorry guys, may not be as big as last year, but I'm still planning on going, but let me know if you don't care if it's on sale or not.

Edit: Sounds like it's mostly going to be a new game sale, so if anyone is interested in newer games, check out their ads on the site. They said to check back next Wednesday for a list of the "$5 selected titles."
Edit history:
PJ: 2011-11-16 02:12:48 pm
Is PJ
Alright.

SNES
Brain Lord
Lagoon
Magical Quest (starring Mickey Mouse!)
Paladin's Quest
Sparkster

And of course, 7th Saga.  Tongue

I don't care if it's discounted, really.  The prices are already pretty good.  Thanks again for checking, Zenic!

Edit:  As far as condition, I usually like the labels to be intact and in good shape.  I don't mind some flaws, but I don't like the label to be completely torn off.
Thanks for reminding me PJ, I forgot an important game.
Zenic: I'd like to add Lagoon to my list. And it doesn't matter if they're on sale or not.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Quote from ZenicReverie:
Also, I'm already planning on shipping some games for AGDQ, and if Mike is willing and you're attending, I can include your games in that shippment to minimize the cost. Of course, that means you won't have them until AGDQ.

I'm willing. This is also a good opportunity for grab bag stuff.
Edit history:
HardKoreQC: 2011-11-16 03:12:26 pm
Awake the gamer in me...
The lists are pretty interesting, I will check it out later.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from mikwuyma:
Quote from ZenicReverie:

I'm willing. This is also a good opportunity for grab bag stuff.

True, I may grab a few select $5 games for the grab bag.
Balls jerky
I'm kinda hesitant to ask since my local game store is having a Buy 2 (under $8 each), Get 1 free dealy on black friday, but I haven't found these games yet so...

List of stuff: universal restriction of non greatest hits/players choice/whatever version for all games and preferably no damage. A sticker or two anywhere but the label I can deal with, but marker annoys me.

NES:
The Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak - NES - They sell this for $50? Hell yeah I'll take this in the unlikely event that they actually have it. Save me a couple hundred bucks! If it's with box and instructions I'll pay $80 no prob.

SNES:
Mega Man Soccer - up to 25 is good - I already have box and manual, I just need the game >_> Same for all of the below...
Super R-Type
Saturday Night Slam Masters
x-men mutant apocalypse
super star wars
legend of mystical ninja
Magical Quest starring Mickey (PJ has first dibs)
super double dragon

Giga Wing - Dreamcast - must have case/manual

You know what, I'm just gonna stop there. I would make you run all over that entire store if I spent enough time looking over those lists and since I pretty much only buy stuff with case & manual it'd probably be a waste of time to list. I wish I knew about this place when I was in Garden Grove for a week with nothing to do during the mornings/afternoons except wait for my gf to get out of training.
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2011-11-16 04:34:04 pm
ZenicReverie: 2011-11-16 04:33:54 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
Garden Grove is a bit of a drive. Most of the cartridge games won't have a box, and you're lucky to get instructions. Nearly all CD based games will have the case and manual. They have a policy where they pay much less if those are missing, so most people won't bother selling to the store since they get so little for it. Keeps their collection nice and complete, and they're sticklers for minimal scratches as well. It's honestly a miracle that they have so many games in the first place with such policies, but it really benefits the customers. I wish more people kept better care of their games.

No worries about making me run all over the store, I'll be doing that anyway looking for good deals for resale.
Balls jerky
Not that far when your other options are to sit in a hotel room for 8 hours or drive around aimlessly which is what I did.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Next time you're in the area, give a holler, and we'll hang out.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Since Deadly Premonition won't work on my 360, so I'll settle with a different SWERY game.

Spy Fiction for PS2. I don't think it'll be too hard to find since it's only 4 dollars.
WOW.
Gold OoT cart for $19?! I'd buy if I had the money...
Everybody's favorite monster
PS3

Army of Two: The 40th day.
Dark Void.
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma.
Star Wars: TFU II.
Timeshift.

N64

Castlevania.
Clayfighter 63 1/3
South Park
Waiting hurts my soul...
Updated the list to this point. Trekhaak, are you looking at the used prices for those PS3 games? For the N64 games, it'll probably be just cart, and I think that's okay with you, but I'd like to confirm that. Do you care about label damage on the carts?
Everybody's favorite monster
Yeah used prices for the PS3 games. Just carts is fine with me and i can live with some label damage.
Edit history:
mike89: 2011-11-17 12:50:49 pm
mike89: 2011-11-17 12:47:00 pm
SEGA Junkie
Zenic, you're the man.

Genesis titles I'm after (I have a NTSC Genesis so I don't need to worry about region locking):
Ristar
Earthworm Jim
Cool Spot (my copy doesn't work Sad )
Ecco 1
Castle of Illusion
Mega Bomberman

In the unlikely event they have Master System games, Sonic 1 and 2 for that would be fantastic.

I'm not a collector so I don't care about the quality of the cart, I just want it to work. Tongue

If any of my stuff is there, just send it to AGDQ, it's not worth sending it out here.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Did Vectorman 2 break as well? I thought you had that game. They do have a few Master System games, and even some are complete in box.
SEGA Junkie
Nah, Mike bought it for CGDQ and, as far as I know, hasn't played it since. Tongue I actually remember him saying I could just get it off him now I think about it, so scratch that one. I added Mega Bomberman in its place.
Haters gonna hate
Bubble Bobble 2
Little Samson

Both for NES. I probably won't get either, but if they're a really good price, I'll definitely consider it.
Pudding%
Spelunker (NES)
Drakkhen (SNES)
Lufia: The Legend Returns (GBC)
Armored Core: Project Phantasma (PS1)
Armored Core: Master of Arena (PS1)
Overblood (PS1)

So long as none of them are over $25 I'll take them.