List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Arctice: 2015-12-20 11:14:34 am
Arctice: 2015-12-20 08:36:59 am
Arctice: 2015-12-20 08:36:41 am
Arctice: 2015-12-20 08:36:17 am
Oh deer god no, DO grab the musket, but you should still get the Sneaky Decoy(and Whirlwind) nonetheless. I'd never suggest skipping the musket to you.

The musketless roathus lagoon is terrible and only saves time if you're already incredibly good at the game, but Sneaky Decoy can still be used to make Anne faster even if you do take the musket.
I'm just having fawn
Quote from Arctice:
Oh deer god no, DO grab the musket, but you should still get the Sneaky Decoy(and Whirlwind) nonetheless. I'd never suggest skipping the musket to you.

The musketless roathus lagoon is terrible and only saves time if you're already incredibly good at the game, but Sneaky Decoy can still be used to make Anne faster even if you do take the musket.

Actually it's not too bad so far, and since I've already been practicing musketless Lunky, I think I'd be better off just practicing it that way. The only snag I've been hitting with musketless Roathus so far is that set of bushes that you would usually hit with two musket shots will now have to be Sneaky Decoyed instead, and that's taking practice (cause I've been running the game previously with no secret skills). The reason I wasn't taking the Decoy in my other runs was because I figured it was an alternative to the usual 3-cycle Queen, and if you spent the extra time taking it, you would've already saved time by skipping musket. I guess I was mistaken. *shrugs*
Tl, dr; I'll try both ways and see what's fastest for me.

Also, what's the trick for getting the whirlwind gate clip in WD? I got it once on a fluke, but I'm not sure how to do it consistently. I can see how it saves time in Workmen Ward (it's a godsend), but I can't quite get that clip.

And was that a pun involving my name, or...? Grin
Edit history:
Arctice: 2015-12-20 01:22:33 pm
All puns are a figment of your imagination

roll toward the corner where you clip, whirlwind in the middle of that roll, and just hold the direction, mash roll at the end of the whirlwind. Also make sure your angle is good(check runs or the whirlwind clip video from the full video guide).

The plant walls in roathus lagoon is the biggest reason why musketless is hard. Even if you get through them, you most likely won't do it fast enough to be worth it and end up just losing time even if it seems like you did everything correctly.
Also picking up the Decoy doesnt costs any time at all because of the slow way the ground forms up there.
I'm just having fawn
Managed to shave 37 seconds off the run with the new whirlwind stuff and perfect 3-cycle queen + 1 fall quarry (finally got Lunky right). Didn't pick up the Decoy bc I was already decently in the green and figured that I should just try and PB instead of goofing a strat I haven't practiced a ton (I was actually right for once!). I rewatched the WR run and realized that I am doing Gardens the slow way (no gate clip and the long way around near the end), so I'll work on that and decoy.
For now, though, I'll just relish the pride of finally getting a run that had green/gold splits for every segment, despite my goof with buildings after WW. Grin
Hooray for new runners! I just wanted to comment that the only reason we do splitting on Skyway is because I did it that way. It made more sense to me at the time because I preferred splitting on conceptually finishing something (exiting a level) rather than starting something (traveling to the next level). Also, the way I have my split key set up, it works okay for me. If you're losing time to splitting this way, stop being stubborn and change how you split. I am not god and my opinions are always bad.
Edit history:
Arctice: 2015-12-21 02:41:35 am
Small rule change me and Vulajin agreed on: we'll no longer be rounding the times to the nearest second, instead we'll just truncate the milliseconds.
This is much easier to understand and manage(a LOT of the times on the leaderboard weren't rounding up when they should be anyway...) and almost every other game community does it this way.

This means that a 13:37.9 time is now a 13:37 on the leaderboard and not a 13:38.

I verified the times of all 91 bastion run videos on speedrun.com to change them to the new timing, ended up finding some runs that had late final splits as well.

NG Any%
Oginam -1s (early start)
camtheman3245 -1s
MazEi -1s
Thrice -1s (late split)
Galass94 -1s
Elkram -1s
SnowySnowWolf -1s
Kaffemugg2 -1s (late split)
leonmachar -1s
Vulajin -1s

NG ASL
maxunm -1s (late split)
Dawtm -1s
leonmachar -1s
decyfer -1s

NG+ Any%
Alaedar -1s (late split)
Thrice -1s (late split)
decyfer -1s
feralpigman -1s

NG+ ASL
Alaedar -1s (late split)
Vulajin -1s (and changed link to the youtube video because twitch vods is where sanity goes to die I hope you dont mind)
decyfer -1s
leonmachar -1s
Edit history:
reskar: 2015-12-28 10:38:53 am
reskar: 2015-12-28 10:38:12 am
Ok with the new rule ^^

And no more less important is nice to see new faces arround here ^^.

For the question about the splits. I think i am the only runner who splits after the selection of the stages (and in the loads in some cases of the ASL).
Like one day vulajin say me. Splits where and when you want is only for the control of the time and y if your more confortable in that moment make it at that moment (except the start and end obviously)

For last. I am active maybe no too much, but still running for fun (i am a casual runner more than a WR runner hehehe) for that if you need help like arctice and the others say you can contact me in twitter @reskar or here (now i am going to check this more actively).
Dont be afraid to call for help and less if you want to do it in twitter or in stream and i am talking spanish. I undersand english and i can talk it bad but understable hahaha. (Arctice usually comes to my stream and we talk a little o other runners of the other games.)

For the rest. Good luck with your runs and have fun. Bastion is fun to run a lot.

I know i came late but after the lost of activity of the post i dont check it a lot until today hehehe.
Since most of the time I can't use the IRC, I've created a bastion Discord speedrunning server that anyone can join in case they wanted to talk about the game/had questions about the run. I doubt it will become active or anything but I've been using Discord for a while now with some other speedrun communities and it's a very good and easy to use meidum.

https://discord.gg/0jOLZzV5X7OtmAzD
Hi to everyone. i do tutorials in spanish for the Bastion NG any% and NG ASL.
I go to put them in this post for who want the spanish tutorials in twitch or youtube.

Tutorial Bastion NG any% [Spanish]

http://www.twitch.tv/reskar/v/35012140

Tutorial Bastion NG ASL [Spanish]

Parte1

http://www.twitch.tv/reskar/v/35022418

Parte2

http://www.twitch.tv/reskar/v/35022626