Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Alone in the Dark 2 (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Alexis 'NHG' Gabaig!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Alone in the Dark 2 (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/aitd2/AITD2_IQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Feb. 7, 2015.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-02-04 03:35:04 am
Judgy: 2015-01-24 02:45:26 pm
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
I have no clue as to what was really going on during this whole thing, there was numerous amounts of polygons that were (I guess) meant to be scary lol

Game play looked good from what I could tell, Items were used on other items which made other things happen so I guess that's good.
A/V : Good
Cheating: None
Timer: 24:34 ; Player gains control at 0:05 and what looks (to me) as the last player input is the final hit at 24:39

ACCEPT

#Edit: The only file available to watch was that of Insane Quality does the runner also have the "Required" qualities also?
Edit history:
Soliduz Znake: 2015-02-03 11:02:30 am
well this game is awkward. anyways the run looks smooth, barely any mistakes found in this. could be done riskier for faster time but probably that won't make much of a difference. a question for the runner, why not take a shot with the pistol at the end of the level for a quick kill then switch to the sword or does the pistol not kill in one shot?

Edit: ACCEPT
Shut up and go back to another earth
Hi there !

Sorry for the time, I was very busy with damn real life, so boring... Anyway, about your question Znake: when you say "the end of the level", you talk about the boat, right ? I did not use the pistol because I avoid using the item screen. The pirate pistol can only take 1 bullet, you have to reload it after every shot, also the item screen kinda reacts weirdly sometimes, moving suddenly too fast and provocating useless and ugly moves. Besides it does not kill the pirates in one bullet. If I remember well (it's been a long time since I made the speedrun) they have life points just like you and in my opinion it was faster to use the sword, considering that the gun does not do a lot of damages (plus all the reload thing). I checked in another video on Youtube and yes there's a guy who uses the gun at the end and it does not kill the pirates in one shot. Or maybe you're talking about another place ? =o
Yes you answered question well and clearly.
Hi again ! Sorry for the quick answer earlier, I had a train to take (it's not a joke). About  the time Judgy, I'm pretty sure I reversed two numbers ^^ I think the correct time is 24:34, not 23:44. If not, I made a speedrun a lot more better than I thought xD

About qualities, Maybe I did something wrong while uploading all of the videos. If you confirm that some files are missing I'll upload the others. Let's hope that I wont do sh*t this time >< I'm kind of a dumb with this new databse system... And with technology in general :\
Edit history:
Judgy: 2015-02-04 03:36:25 am
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
yeah my mistake It is 24:34 haha some some how I read the minutes wrong and ADDED the 0:05 instead of SUBTRACTING it, I need more sleep lol... 
Professional Second Banana
Looks very solid to me both A/V and routing/gameplay-wise - ACCEPT.

How exactly was the hedge maze area at the start of the game skipped?  Just an in-game warp zone or was it some kind of glitch?
Edit history:
NHG: 2015-02-19 08:20:16 am
I absolutely have no idea of the answer. When I began to "work" on the game, I played it until I know everything by heart, then I watched speedruns already done on Youtube to think of a route. I saw this trick in one of them.  By watching the situation I really don't think this is a glitch though: the corner is hard to reach because of the massive amount of ennemies, you can clearly see some kind of slab. The teleport is animated exactly as the same as it is later in the game when you reach the 2nd floor, and  you have nothing to do but step on it to activate the trick. Considering all of that I think this is just some kind of secret who rewards the player who'll try to pass (or kill ?) all the dudes.

So for me it's just a warp-zone x)
Decision posted.
Thank you very much !

Even if the game itself is a terrible sequel it was really interesting to run. It may not seems like it but there are a lot of tricks to know, ennemies to manipulate etc... A lot more than the first episode in fact. I'm glad it is accepted ^^

Talking about Alone 1, I can't believe you guys verified this shitty game before the first one xD
I thought you cancelled your Alone 1 run for now? I signed up for it but maybe it's still pending.
Not a walrus
This one? It's in the 'eligible for public verification' pile right now. Not sure why it didn't go out already but public verification is a little haphazard when it comes to when stuff goes out right now. One thing I hope we can improve soon.