List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Sent: 2017-01-01 07:42:26 am
Sent: 2016-12-14 08:29:41 pm
Sent: 2016-10-06 02:03:56 am
Go Faster!
The deadline for prize submissions is December 31st, It's in the title of the thread, it's on the website, but I can not stress it enough.  if you plan on submitting a prize to AGDQ I need to know about it by the deadline at the very latest. With that out of the way, the games list has been released, there's excitement in the air and I think it's time to start discussing prizes for AGDQ 2017.

Important Links

Prize List:  A list of accepted prizes for AGDQ 2017

The Games List is also available, if you need some inspiration to go with an idea.

SUBMISSION INFORMATION

The two major guidelines for Prize Submissions are as follows. Prizes should be appropriate in terms of content for the stream, as a guideline try to keep things PG-13 at their worst. Prizes should also be at least somewhat related to a game in the marathon, or at the very least related to gaming in general.

The deadline for prize submissions will be December 31st at 11:59PM PDT (a week before the start of the marathon). If you are creating or acquiring a prize for the marathon and you are not sure if you can make this deadline, please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you on a case by case basis.

Submitted prizes will not be publicly visible until they are accepted, each donor will receive an email notifying them about the status of their prizes after they have been reviewed.

If you are planning to submit multiple similar or smaller prizes, such as perlers, patches, or figures that are not packaged together, and feel strongly about keeping them together as a set, please make this information known. Occasionally, we may split groups of similar smaller items into individual prizes instead of keeping them together as a single prize.

SUBMISSION GUIDE

To submit a prize to AGDQ2017 the first thing you will need to do after clicking the submission link is create or log into a prize submission account. Note that a prize submission account is separate from your Games Done Quick account; if you have not registered a prize submission account, you will need to do so.

Most of the fields should be self explanatory, but it is worth mentioning that the Suggested Start and Suggested End game fields may appear blank. This is because these fields draw games from the schedule, and likely will not function properly until the schedule is publicly available on or around October 22nd. Until then, feel free to use the Extra/Non-Public Information field for game suggestions.

There are two fields Provider and Creator that can be filled out. Of these fields, only provider is public, if you are providing a prize you have created and would like to be credited as the creator/provider, please fill out your name in both fields.

F.A.Q

Q: Can I donate steam keys or other digital copies of games?
A: In order to ensure the integrity and compatibility of digital games we can only accept digital copies of games if they come to us directly from the developer.

Q: When will the prizes be drawn?
A: Prizes are typically drawn and shipped a short time after the event, generally we wait around a month to ensure that we properly comply with local and state laws.

Q: I have a cool idea for a prize, but I'm not sure if it will work well.
A: Feel free to send me an email at Prizes@gamesdonequick.com I'm always more than happy to discuss potential prize ideas.

As always, if there are any questions about the submission process or any ideas for prizes you would like to run by me before submitting, feel free to leave a comment in the Thread, or Email me directly at Prizes@gamesdonequick.com
Thread title:  
Edit history:
MegaMasterX: 2016-10-06 06:17:40 am
N1GP Tournament Organizer
The Start Game list isn't populating, can we put the suggested Start Game in the description? Also the Additional Notes link for Prize Images leads to a broken link. Sad
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from MegaMasterX:
The Start Game list isn't populating, can we put the suggested Start Game in the description? Also the Additional Notes link for Prize Images leads to a broken link. Sad

Quote from Sent:
Most of the fields should be self explanatory, but it is worth mentioning that the Suggested Start and Suggested End game fields may appear blank. This is because these fields draw games from the schedule, and likely will not function properly until the schedule is publicly available on or around October 22nd. Until then, feel free to use the Extra/Non-Public Information field for game suggestions.

Tongue

As for the imagetips, yeah, tracker guys didn't have a chance to push the fix out last night, it'll be fixed soon. Notes are at the bottom of the form.
Sent, I have access to AcrylicPress as per usual and could get another set of coasters done, or I could alternatively get something different like Keychains (Cheaper so we could do more!), dry erase boards, clocks, etc. Nothing particularly stands out to me as something to create though, other than maybe doing something with the DKC Trilogy Race or alternatively with the Mystery Game Tournament (Get a mystery set of coasters to go along with this mystery game! Spooky!).

I can probably get the orders produced any time within the next two months or so, but let me know if there's a direction you'd like me to go with it. Twitter works just fine.
I sent in my prize submission a week ago and I still haven't heard back. I just wanted to make sure this was a normal delay and it doesn't mean my prize submission got rejected.

My submission was for a Jill Valentine and Claire Redfield cross-stitch.

Thanks! Smiley
Edit history:
Sent: 2016-10-13 10:30:41 pm
Sent: 2016-10-13 10:26:19 pm
Go Faster!
Hey Lileya,

Things can normally take around a week to sort out, but it's definitely my bad on this one. I wrote you an an email about it and I guess I forgot to send it. There was a problem with the picture you linked, I couldn't manage to get it to load. I liked the idea though, I think it would work well for resident evil 0
Oh, weird. I used PhotoBucket, so maybe that's why. Well this is the picture I sent with the submission:

Obviously, it's just the preview of the cross-stitch as I'm currently working very hard to make sure I complete it by Dec 31st. I can resend a better picture once the project is actually completed.

I was hoping this could be used during the whole Survival Horror block, but if it's just for Resident Evil 0, it's fine by me! Smiley
Go Faster!
They look Wonderful Lileya, and I'd love to have them as prizes
Edit history:
sincerity: 2016-10-17 09:13:43 pm
I was thinking about doing something with mini perler beads for the Adventure Island games, but I'm not sure what the community would prefer in terms of finishing.

This is a sample Master Higgins I did (set on my keyboard for a quickie size comparison - I'll take better photos when it's time to put together the real prize submission thing): https://s12.postimg.org/qiuq1f1vh/higgins.png

Now, if I did a set, would the community prefer them as raw perlers? They could just as easily be keychains (as I did with this earthbound set), or I could attach magnetic strips to the back for a fridge adventure. What would the community find most useful? I got indecisive and figured it might be best to just ask.
Go Faster!
Quote from sincerity:
I was thinking about doing something with mini perler beads for the Adventure Island games, but I'm not sure what the community would prefer in terms of finishing.

This is a sample Master Higgins I did (set on my keyboard for a quickie size comparison - I'll take better photos when it's time to put together the real prize submission thing): https://s12.postimg.org/qiuq1f1vh/higgins.png

Now, if I did a set, would the community prefer them as raw perlers? They could just as easily be keychains (as I did with this earthbound set), or I could attach magnetic strips to the back for a fridge adventure. What would the community find most useful? I got indecisive and figured it might be best to just ask.

Hey Sincerity,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I wound up getting a bit sick, and then spending the weekend without a computer.  Personally I think raw perlers, or magnets would be best. Actually I'm really warming up to the idea of Adventure Island fridge magnets, I think those could be really fun.
I plan on making some oversized SNES game carts and also a yoshi plaque for AGDQ 17, but I noticed the submission page states that I should have the item in my possession and I should ship the item. I was wondering if I could ship the prizes to the AGDQ staff so they could have the item for the stream? Not sure how this works so thanks for your help!
Plushie maker www.Metroidhat.com
This year, I'm donating a Flowey plushie. I'm also making a Valoo plushie from Wind Waker. Here's an in-progress shot:

Are you accepting NES homebrew carts?  I have an extra copy of Legend of Owlia that I would like to donate
Eyes5, that Valoo plushie looks awesome already! Shocked

I just got done with the Jill cross-stitch, so I should definitely complete the Claire one on time.

Here's a crappy picture I took of it:

Go Faster!
Shcezris: It would be great if you could ship the prizes out to us so that we could show them off on stream. Generally the process is that I'll be in touch after the submission process to discuss shipping.

Eyes: Can't wait to see the finished product eyes, always a big fan of your plushies.

MrPete: Go ahead and submit it, I'll need to check up on some things but I believe homebrew should be A-OK

Lieya: Looks great, excited to see Claire finished too
Valoo is mostly held together with pins right now, but it's looking good.

Valoo is finally done! I put a bunch of in-progress photos Here if you wanna see them.

I am also donating a Flowey plushie.

Edit history:
Sent: 2016-12-10 04:23:44 pm
Go Faster!
O.o Valoooooooooooo!

It's amazing Eyes
:O I love those plushies, I finally finished my woodburned samus.

bird
All the handmade stuff here is so impressive! *__*

Along with the Etecoon I submitted, I'm making a plushie of Whacka from the Paper Mario series. The picture below is a prototype with faulty embroidery (and poor lighting) but the final version will hopefully look better and will definitely be fast to make.

bird
All done!

I had a couple submissions that just made the deadline and haven't heard back about any of them. As it is the second day of the event, are they too late to be processed? The first game they were submitted for doesn't start until Wednesday, so I was hoping to know before then.

Also, I'd like to update the picture for one of the prizes, should I do that through here or email?

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat as HellaBored, and was wondering the same thing! I never heard back, and when I e-mailed a few days later to follow up, never got a response. You're still welcome to use the prize I submitted, but I'd kind of like to know about it Sad
As Castlevania is coming up, I have to withdraw my cross stitch for it, as it's too late. I'll be happy to offer the Ducktales and Undertale cross stitch if they're processed by then, but will withdraw if not. No worries, I'm sure there's too much extra to do during the event that this had to fall by the wayside.

I'll be sure to submit prizes much further in advance for future events! Best of luck with the rest of the event.
Edit history:
Sent: 2017-01-16 01:02:04 am
Go Faster!
Hey Hella, hey Sheepies.

There were unfortunately a small number of people in the same boat, and they should all be receiving emails within a day or so. I would like to apologize for this situation, I wound up underestimating the generosity of the community and not giving myself enough time to process everything between the submission deadline and the start of the event and we simply can not add any items to the tracker after the start of the event for legal reasons. That said, I am really sorry about this, and will make sure to give myself more time between the submission deadline and the start of future events to process submissions.

I would also like to thank everyone who submitted for helping make this AGDQ the most successful GDQ yet, you guys are all awesome and i'm already excited for SGDQ