<- 123 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Komrade:
uness and sonic Kreygasm

Figgy(less likely) and Extra(more likely) probably incoming too.
hot damn
I missed registration for the marathon, so I have to back out of poker. You all have fun!
Quote from Unessential:
Quote from Komrade:
uness and sonic Kreygasm

Figgy(less likely) and Extra(more likely) probably incoming too.

Let them know they should post in this topic to sign up.

Quote from wag:
I missed registration for the marathon, so I have to back out of poker. You all have fun!

Sad
Edit history:
Unessential: 2016-11-20 04:02:32 pm
Unessential: 2016-11-20 04:02:00 pm
Unessential: 2016-11-20 04:01:28 pm
Unessential: 2016-11-20 03:55:56 pm
Quote from chessjerk:

They know.  They are just waiting for a date and time to see if it fits their schedule.  Where as I and Sonic are mostly free and except for very specific timeslots we can make it.

I do have a small request though, nothing major.  Can you reduce the chip values by a factor of 10?  It's just an extra 0 that makes things harder to read, adds an extra step for mental math for going back and forth between factors, and makes verbal calls and clarifications tougher with extra verbiage.
Provided you guys run this thing after the 11th I'm definitely in on this.
Quote from Unessential:
Quote from chessjerk:

They know.  They are just waiting for a date and time to see if it fits their schedule.  Where as I and Sonic are mostly free and except for very specific timeslots we can make it.

I do have a small request though, nothing major.  Can you reduce the chip values by a factor of 10?  It's just an extra 0 that makes things harder to read, adds an extra step for mental math for going back and forth between factors, and makes verbal calls and clarifications tougher with extra verbiage.

No problem, I will come up with a date and time soon.

Regarding the chip sizes, since we will hopefully be using the same chip set as last year (Kashelwhizle's, as he mentioned in his post), this shouldn't be a problem. IIRC, his chips are marked with denominations of $1, $5, $25, and $100, so that's what we went with last year, and will do so again this year. The denominations in the first post are mostly for my reference, and will be adjusted accordingly for the chips actually used in the game.
I would like to sign up for the Poker Tournament as well.

Thanks.
Chessjerk here's the breakout of my set incase you want to prepare different starting stacks based on more players.
$1 - 300 Chips $5 - 200 Chips $25 - 200 Chips $100 - 200 Chips $500 - 50 Chips $1000 - 50 Chips
Edit history:
Feszy: 2016-11-28 03:23:42 am
Feszy: 2016-11-28 03:04:34 am
Feszy: 2016-11-28 03:03:51 am
Feszy: 2016-11-28 03:03:36 am
Count me in for this poker tournament

Also i can bring a nice set of ceramic poker chips (Scroll Poker Chips)

If I remember I have
5-50
25-200
100-150
500-75
1000-150
5000-100

It looks like the monte carlo set is more efficient since it has more chips.

The squirt gun is in case things get serious.
Edit history:
chessjerk: 2016-12-01 09:31:34 pm
Updated participant list and starting chips (thanks Kashelwhizle for the breakdown).

And thanks Feszy for the chips offer, please bring them just in case, I would prefer we have too many chips than too few. No guarantee we will need them, of course.

It looks like we are almost up to a full 24 participants, but please keep signing up after we reach 24, you never know how many will actually show up at game time.

Also, still looking for at least one more full time dealer, please let me know if you would like to do so.

Finally, two preliminary ideas I had for the timing of the event are:

Wednesday night after the MMX race (on the 11th around 8:30 PM)
Thursday night after the LttP race (on the 12th around 10 PM)

Thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Put on the shelves since 2012
Sign me up friends!
Crap, didn't check for this thread until now.  Sign me up even as an alternate.  I have cards and chips I'll bring (they weren't needed in previous years but I'll have them just in case)
You can put me as a potential dealer as well.
Edit history:
HedgehogNinja: 2016-12-10 10:36:28 pm
Put me IN as well.
Sign me up
Quote from Sonicman2005:
Put me IN as well.

Me too!
i will join Cheesy
EXTRAMAN!
Edit history:
chessjerk: 2016-12-12 08:34:13 pm
Updated through today. And thanks darbian, definitely would rather have too many cards and chips than too few.

Still looking for another full time dealer, please let me know here if interested.
Quote from Extraguy:
i will join Cheesy

OH MAN!!!! Extra has joined the party!
With the release of the volunteer schedule, I've decided that Thursday night at 10 PM is the best time for the poker tournament.
Can I get on the list for the poker tournament? I found out about this through Darbian's stream tonight!
Thanks!
aka forte27
Sign me up, but if I can't get in, I'll be happy to deal.
Maybe you can spend some trophy money to Raising for Effective Giving.

https://reg-charity.org/poker/

"Impact through rationality: Professional poker players use science and rational
decision-making to help as many people in need as possible."