FingerQuick: 2016-12-20 05:17:37 am
FingerQuick: 2016-12-20 05:14:09 am
FingerQuick: 2016-12-20 05:03:57 am
FingerQuick: 2016-12-20 05:02:44 am
FingerQuick: 2016-12-20 04:58:24 am
FingerQuick: 2016-12-20 04:46:08 am
FingerQuick: 2016-12-20 04:40:52 am
FingerQuick: 2016-12-20 04:40:08 am
Last year we held a Guitar Hero 3 tournament and there was a pretty decent turnout so this time we're going to hold a Guitar Hero 2 tournament. Last year it was kind of a mess (mainly because it was the first time I hosted one) but this time it should hopefully be better since now I have a feeling how hosting one works. Here are the rules for this year:

1. Double Elimination. Best 2 out of 3 songs per match. Semifinals and Finals will be best 3 out of 5 songs.
2. Rock/Paper/Scissors or coin flip to determine who chooses song first, or if both players agree to just choose who picks first. In the case of playing on 360 where there are xbox exclusive songs and DLC, both players must agree to playing the song.
3. Every round each player will choose the songs they want to play, but only be able to pick the song ONCE and won't be able to pick it for the rest of the tournament. Pick your songs wisely and strategically to your advantage if possible.
4. In the event of a tie during a match where each player wins 1 song, a random number will be generated between 1 and 64 to determine the song for the tiebreaker.
5. After the songs are finished, return to FingerQuick/Plumato to report the winner and what the song picks were so we can record both.

I'll print out copies of the rules and put them at each setup before the tournament starts as well as go over the rules before it begins.

At the moment we're figuring out if we'll have enough consoles and guitars, but if anyone wants to bring extra guitars that would be nice. There was an issue last year where some people weren't used to other peoples guitars and they would randomly use starpower, shut off, or not work properly. We should hopefully have enough guitars for everyone but it would probably help if people brought their own guitars if they don't feel comfortable trying to get used to other people's.

We're aiming for at least 4 console setups and 8 guitars (2 for each setup) at the moment and I'll update the thread later when we have all confirmed.
Thread title:  
I'm not sure if I want to participate since I'm just a casual Guitar Hero/Rock Band player, but I will be bringing my Xbox 360 and Rock Band 3 again this year along with the various peripherals, including at least 3 wireless guitars that I can make available if needed for this tournament.
I'm happy to bring my PS2 copy of GH2 if that helps at all. Looking forward to the tournament!
@chessjerk no need to worry, I'll have my 360 as well and like 4 guitars. I can also bring RB3 customs as well fam B)
Any update on if the tournament will be happening?
Yeah sorry, little short notice on updating this thread but I've just kinda been tweeting updates about it. We're having it today at 2PM