--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Is PJ
Why hello there, Ghosts 'n Goblins!
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from Sonikkustar:
Where exactly is this room gonna be? I personally didn't see too many rooms open at the last AGDQ for us. :O

It's going to be in "Sully", the cafeteria room from last AGDQ. We're taking over the whole hotel this time, so we have a lot more rooms.
This sounds awesome! Any chance for an Arkanoid machine?
The room we're filling right now is full with the current assignments. Also, machines were chosen (particularly older machines, that MAGFest has more of) based on what they have available and is working. I know there's a lot of classics everyone wants (including myself) but we'll keep it with the list we have for this GDQ, gauge how well received it is, and look into further expansion at later GDQs.
I just want to say how grateful I am for this. This sounds like it's gonna be a ton of fun, and a great addition to the general fun of GDQ. Thanks so much to everyone involved with organizing and providing this.
Haters gonna hate
I'm gonna be all over Gauntlet Dark Legacy.
MAGFest
It would probably be prudent to host an Inviso-frogger tournament....
Oh man super table flip, I've wanted to play that forever that sounds amazing.
If I may ask, I feel like this is an important question as a part of a charity event. I'll preface this by saying that I am ridiculously excited for this and look forward to this almost as much as seeing all of my speedrunning/twitch friends.

What kind of compensation are Tokyo Attack and MAGFest receiving for providing these machines? Are they simply getting advertising as part of the sponsor docket? Are they being paid? Or were these machines just very close to the event site already so they're doing it as a show of goodwill?
I have a supergun and some pcbs, should I throw them in as well? Or will this be strictly cabs?
Quote from ButtersBB:
I have a supergun and some pcbs, should I throw them in as well? Or will this be strictly cabs?

The room will be full with actual cabs. There won't be any space for supergun setups.
Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2015-12-09 08:04:58 pm
Quote from dangodofthunder:
If I may ask, I feel like this is an important question as a part of a charity event. I'll preface this by saying that I am ridiculously excited for this and look forward to this almost as much as seeing all of my speedrunning/twitch friends.

What kind of compensation are Tokyo Attack and MAGFest receiving for providing these machines? Are they simply getting advertising as part of the sponsor docket? Are they being paid? Or were these machines just very close to the event site already so they're doing it as a show of goodwill?

We can't talk specifics, but they are advertising sponsors and we are receiving a heavy discount in return. Payment was budgeted (listed on the budget thread as "soon to be announced" entertainment) for GDQ to pay from our ad/registration revenue. It should be noted that the budget's $10,000 was a maximum, and does not reflect the actual cost of this particular agreement at all.
is the game selection set in stone?  this is really cool but i was hoping that there'd be pump it up if they brought dance games
Edit history:
dwangoAC: 2015-12-12 12:38:47 pm
Keeper of TASBot
Quote from jimmypoopins:
is the game selection set in stone?  this is really cool but i was hoping that there'd be pump it up if they brought dance games
I'm not quite sure what you mean as there are several dance games on this list already. Smiley

I can't speak to the arcade selection but if there is a specific pinball machine you'd like to see please post your request here.  We are limited by what local collectors have on hand but we'll see what we can do.  For the opening weekend we may (emphasis on *may*) initially set up a few more pinball machines in the arcade room and then move them out as Tokyo Attack and MAGFest arrive on Monday; we're expecting to have an actual pin dolly this year which will make moving games in and out of the room very easy to do.  Happy flipping!
The arcade machines had to be arranged ahead of time so they're fixed, we can't change them now (not that we're necessarily interested in doing so either, we had a lot of discussions with Tokyo Attack on the best options for our size).
Quote from dwangoAC:
I'm not quite sure what you mean as there are several dance games on this list already. Smiley

Indeed, though by dance game I meant the genre where you use your feet to match arrows in time.  In The Groove is great, but I've moved to liking Pump It Up more (5-panel game -- leads to some very innovative crossovers / doubles charts).

Quote from Cool Matty:
The arcade machines had to be arranged ahead of time so they're fixed, we can't change them now (not that we're necessarily interested in doing so either, we had a lot of discussions with Tokyo Attack on the best options for our size).

Understandable.  These are reasonable choices, since the general population is probably more for 4-panel games (though we have a specialized crowd so it could be different here).
Any chance we can get a TGM machine?
Edit history:
MarmotSRL: 2015-12-17 12:53:02 pm
Quote from dwangoAC:
I can't speak to the arcade selection but if there is a specific pinball machine you'd like to see please post your request here.

I'd like to see either No Good Gofers or Who Dunnit.
As one of the resident Crazy Taxi speedrunners I would have liked to see a Crazy Taxi machine at the event.

Maybe next year? Smiley
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I just noticed that the X-Men machine is being included in this room. Any chance we can get some of these signs from Magfest to go along with it?
MAGFest
Quote from rudyxx:
I just noticed that the X-Men machine is being included in this room. Any chance we can get some of these signs from Magfest to go along with it?

Your wish is my command! I'll bring a couple of the signs from the warehouse with the rest of the arcade cabs.
DDR is life. Also Tokyo Attack brings a mean arcade.