<- 1  -   of 58 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
yoshifan: 2011-07-25 12:53:08 am
At last, the moment of glory - the final segment!

I found a ridiculous amount of alternate strategies to test in this level, so even when I wasn't busy with school, I really took my time before I was ready to start attempts.

Of my ~6 hours of recorded attempts, this was the first time that I got to Bowser without messing up.  Seeing how Bowser is not exactly a freebie battle (see the YouTube comments), I'm really glad I caught a break there!

I'd like to thank everyone who's discovered and shared the shortcuts that make this run what it is - they are what inspired me to start this run in the first place.  And a big thank you to everyone for all the support throughout the run.  This has been an epic experience far beyond anything I'd imagined.

I can't believe it's finished!
I'll work on getting a final time next.  Segment timing should be start of control to hitting "Yes" on Save, right?  (And then the Grand Star grab to end the last segment.)
Yes
Congratulations yoshifan!  This run has been nothing short of incredible.  It's been a pleasure to watch and all of us really appreciate the hard work you've put into this.  You've really put in the time optimizing each segment and I find myself amazed at some of the tricks you come up with.  This has definitely been of the most enjoyable speedruns I've ever seen. 
Wiiaboo
Wow. Amazing segment, amazing run. Nice job and way to stick in there.
Edit history:
Paraxade: 2011-07-25 01:57:41 am
Congrats! It's a fantastic run, great work on finally finishing it; can't wait to see it on SDA. Now we just need to find out what your final time is. Tongue
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Quote from yoshifan:
I'll work on getting a final time next.  Segment timing should be start of control to hitting "Yes" on Save, right?  (And then the Grand Star grab to end the last segment.)

That sounds correct.
This was absolutely worth waiting for. Another jaw dropping segment and the run is finally finished.
Now that the 61-star run is complete, it's patiently waiting for the 120-star run I would like to see.
Now a hit show on the CW
Great final segment with quite a few shortcuts I hadn't seen before. Congratulations on finishing this massive undertaking.
destroy them with lazers
Congrats on finishing the run. Another great segment and an awesome run.
SEGA Junkie
Yeah, no surprises here, this segment is top notch. I especially liked navigating completely blind (!!) with the shitty camera during the rotating lava part. Just like the good old days of SA2B, right? >_>

Awesome job!
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
What can I say outside of what I've already said on youtube?  Congratulations on a job well done, you earned a good rest after the fantastic performance you gave us for this game.
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
Congratulations. I'm glad that you stuck with it so long and worked so hard on every segment.
DK + Mario Kart 8 = <3
congrats on the run hard work for a amazing speedrun and nice strat on the 3rd bowser form.
Everybody DANCE!
This may be one of my favorite speedruns of all time.
Good work yoshi. Good work.
THIS RUN CONTAINS SECRET WORLDS
Wonderful job! I had no idea it was even possible to do multiple long jumps up those stairs without bumping into anything.
Ready? Set...
Congrats, yoshifan. I can't wait to see the final time. Tongue
The Great Farming Empire
Wow, Thats an incredible run yoshifan. Congratulations for finishing this run! It was definitely worth it.
F*ckin' sanity effects...
Just a quick thank you for the run.  Amazing stuff as always for the final segment.  I'll be watching your run from start to finish pretty soon!
That was a beautiful final segment to end a highly anticipated and excellent run.
Edit history:
Caveberry: 2011-07-27 09:58:32 pm
trepidation
I can't wait to sit down with a beer and a bowl of popcorn to watch this, in it's entirety, on insane quality. You're an inspiration to amateur speedrunners everywhere. 
How could I have missed this for so long...
Anyway, amazing final segment, I didn't know you could do half the stuff you did, Bowser went 20 (or more) seconds faster than I thought possible... etcetera
The Youtube comments say a few seconds could come off, but I don't see where.

People have said it a thousand times, fantastic work.
Now go run SMG2 Wink
Yes Johnny, play the violin!
That was a great run yoshifan =) Now I'm just hoping that someone dares to 100% this.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Congrats yoshifan.  Nothing short of amazing.  A lot of people have talked about doing a Galaxy 1/2 run, but you actually did it.  Most impressive!
Arrested for felony abuse of emotes
Quote from jesmurf:
That was a great run yoshifan =) Now I'm just hoping that someone dares to 100% this.

TheOnlyOne is working on a SS 100% with Mario.
super mario is amazing
I timed it: 2:25:13, give or take a minute.
Great job yoshifan!