Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 90 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My impression of "Desperate Escape" is same as Mr.spiralout and Matt. The DE is a feeling to be for a "short story of Mercenaries". Roll Eyes
you think i must delete a part of my post about  cleaning ldb?Please discuss this not here but on capcom forum.When we will have more chances that somebody will read it or this thread will disappear really soon.
Quote:
erase the ldb now is nonsens. there are still timer freezing glitches in the game and the new ldb would be pestered with that in no time.

As for me important only that ldb must be not freezed at top,it must be possible to fight for number 1 with glitches or without them.If capcom will fix last time bug then Lost in Nightmares ldb will be freezed.I started run and i was very newb and when i become the best in my contry but i was still newb,then i messaged random leaderboard people and one of them showed me cp bug and i come top 30,but i was not good player,then i started to play with Resi Runner Pro(0:29:26 on amateur total,absolute WR on all platforms) and Dark Ayron(best player on xbox on all difficulties).Icome on number 3 and for me nothing wrong to glitch,wrong to not submit records when you want it.

Desperate Escape is bullshit like mercenaries and ldb in DE for unskillful glitchers cos its possible to make many kills then glitch timer.
Old young man
DE is like mercs minus the countdown timer and chain combos. Vet isn't so bad, but oddly enough it's not showing that I beat the game on vet yet on ldb.....
A speedrun of this would be more straightforward but as for entertaining, not sure. LiN is definitely more entertaining to watch as a run as there are a lot of strats involved to speeding up puzzle areas, plus the AI is better if you are doing a Solo run.

EDIT: One thing I love about the existing leaderboards is that the "skillful" glitchers totally suck at mercs (something they can't really glitch) and so they're nowhere near the top of the ldb Smiley
If you are talking about me when you are so unlucky.I'm not good at mercenaries and never did nothing more than 150K,one time i did 350K but with splitscreen trick(oh sorry there is nothing to glitch i forgot),then in december i found some ultimate developers mistake,as good as cp or door,but only i know it and i'm not gonna say it.On mercenary forums there are a lot of lie about me:
1)i read messages between me and one player which i never wrote(unfortunately when i wrote a post in that thread moderators deleted thread and banned me with message "Cheating" which later was updated as "Cheating.GTFO")
2)My scores were called "hacked" but very unfortunately i don't know how its possible to hack xbox or ps3,IMHO its completely impossible because nobody of my friends never cheated on these consoles and i never read any info on russian forums.I'm not one of those who can "simply read threads on hack forums and became a hacker".

And not all  other runners bad at mercenaries.I know that avesta,johny kevlar,br0nen,elco23 and some more speed runners were on top on mercenaries.But you can't really dominate top 10 on merc and speed run at the same time cos all of us have private live Grin Grin

I just got a 12:43 solo on DE, although many things could've been faster.  I was just trying to see if I could get a target time, and I think that 12:30 is probably reasonable.  DE is rather boring to speed run, though, so I don't think I'll be doing much more of it.
i still not understand DE Ranking system because of time
In LIN all was simple(i calculated on the  day after release )
Accuracy score= 20000 (for +80 accuracy) to ways to calculate for solo and coop
Kill score = 1000 *kills
Damage score=20000-Damage
Item score=gold
Time score=54000-time_in_secs*10(with zero finished time you will get 54K but you know you can't)

What about time score in DE(finished once and to lazy to calculate from others scores)?
Complete. Global. Saturation.
A speedrun of Desperate Escape would seem a bit boring to the viewer, but it's going to be really, really frustrating for the speedrunner because it's easily the most random chapter in the game. That key to open the first gate for example, can be in at least three different spots (the guy that turns into the Duvalia, or one of the two safes). They can also give you at least three different weapons if you want to get one in this area (which you probably will). Every time you restart a section, you're also going to get different enemies in different locations. I've counted four different varieties in the first area alone so far.

I'm really wondering what the fastest way to do the courtyard section is, before the big main area. I think it's to get the magnum and shoot the chainsaw guys in the head. I'm pretty sure the chaingun guy takes more damage to defeat.

Spiralout, which do you think is better to have running around in the big area where you need to blast the doors, Reapers or Executioners? I haven't tried Amatuer difficulty, which is what I assume you're using, so I'm not sure if they even show up on that setting or not.
Quote from TheQuietMan:
A speedrun of Desperate Escape would seem a bit boring to the viewer, but it's going to be really, really frustrating for the speedrunner because it's easily the most random chapter in the game. That key to open the first gate for example, can be in at least three different spots (the guy that turns into the Duvalia, or one of the two safes). They can also give you at least three different weapons if you want to get one in this area (which you probably will). Every time you restart a section, you're also going to get different enemies in different locations. I've counted four different varieties in the first area alone so far.

I'm really wondering what the fastest way to do the courtyard section is, before the big main area. I think it's to get the magnum and shoot the chainsaw guys in the head. I'm pretty sure the chaingun guy takes more damage to defeat.

Spiralout, which do you think is better to have running around in the big area where you need to blast the doors, Reapers or Executioners? I haven't tried Amatuer difficulty, which is what I assume you're using, so I'm not sure if they even show up on that setting or not.

Yeah, it is quite random, but really the only random elements that will make it impossible to get an optimal time are at the very beginning (you want the town majini and the key at the Duvalia guy).  Weapons are a complete waste of time to get on solo, but on duo you definitely want a magnum.  The one good thing about that randomness (enemy type and weapon/key location) is that it stays the same for every retry until you quit and start over (which I'm sure everyone already knew).

And in Amateur difficulty, there are no miniboss enemies in the big open area (Hoorah!).  An Executioner is far more forgiving an enemy to have there if you play on other difficulties, though.  Especially when you restart to blow up the second door, since sometimes the boss will spawn on the steps up to the grenade turret.  If you have the base majini in that area, you will have to restart until you the Reaper spawning on the other end of the map, because god help you if you try to run past that thing up the steps.

Also a problem on solo is the first turret, since you do NOT want to restart at the checkpoint you get after blowing up the door (at least a couple seconds lost).  The AI tends to REALLY suck in that first area so you really have to hope for the best after restarting a billion times to get the very beginning of DE to cooperate.  So yeah, speed running it kinda sucks.

*edit*
Just got a 12:27 solo.  Grin  I messed up on my way to the second grenade turret, so I had to use the checkpoint which really sucked.  I lost a couple seconds there.  I get SUPER lucky on the last two turrets, though, and the rest of the run was pretty solid.  I may upload it.

*double edit*
Looking at the run again, it was sorta sloppy in a few spots.  I think I could get a 12:20 without any big new strats.  I should've retried until the chainsaw majini kneeled after the barrel, and the AI was crappy in a few places.  Also, sometimes the key majini is a scripted critical instead of a scripted Duvalia, but I'm not sure if that ever coincides with him actually having the key.  If it did, though, it would save a lot of time (like 3+ seconds).
hey, someone have an idea about the 3 extra kills in coop for easy/normal/hard ? there are only 2 players on 360 who got 10/13/15 kills. Those 3 extra dont give bonus points and it seems to work only in coop (without on pro)
i ask a similar question, too.  i'm sorry, bc it's not a question to relate for real speed-run....
in LIN, amateur level of solo, somebody kills "8" Guardians.
i could kill 7th by Mr.spiralout's advice, but i can't find 8th one anywhere. is it a glitch or really exist? Shocked
Holy shit, I got a 12:14 with room for improvement.  Tongue  I figured out that you can get the Duvalia enemy to die without transforming with a bullet kill.  I had done this before, but I assumed that the enemy wasn't programmed to turn into a Duvalia.  I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I'll watch the vid and try to figure it out.  And holy shit, I'm really not sure where the bulk of that 13 second improvement came from, tbh.  The beginning areas were much faster (key guy and chainsaw fight), but the rest of it felt like it was pretty much the same.  I'll have to compare vids.

Okay, I compared my speed runs, and I saved little time in places I thought I saved good time, and more time than I thought in places I thought I saved almost nothing. o_O  In fact, in one place I was certain I saved a good bit of time, I actually LOST about 1/2 second.  Roll Eyes  Anyways, with better control of the AI in a couple spots, I think I can cut the time down to 12:10 or lower.  Also, the pause trick for the second Doug dialog at the end (when the timer disappears for a bit) doesn't actually save any time.  There will actually be silence for a bit before the time starts, as opposed to him still talking when the timer appears again when you don't do the pause trick.  So that's pointless to do.
due to the 12:27 DE vids,
u might have better pick at least one of those RPGs on the map and use it to blow up the 3rd gate,
w/o the 2nd one being destructed.

on other parts, great work.
Oh wow, that saves a good 9 seconds for the rocket on the top (didn't get the other one when I tested).  Thanks, dude. =D

Oh, and I figured out how to avoid the Duvalia transformation.  They can't sprout when an enemy is in the air or on the ground, so you want to kill the key majini during his falling animation.
LOL'd at "hard earned times" in that complaint to capcom. I have done glitch runs with darkcornsyrup before..it is really boring and easy. I could be doing stuff on my laptop while he is spamming hydra to clear out a area to set up a glitch. One time he was like "oh man I know this glitch that is impossible to do..you have to restart after blasting wesker in the volcano and it is sooo hard" and he got that in less than 2 minutes. So anyways, who is to say that they didn't find even more glitches? Wouldn't they just set it to 0:00 if they were hacking? And why is this relevant to speedrunning? 
Quote from the andy:
If you are talking about me when you are so unlucky.I'm not good at mercenaries and never did nothing more than 150K,one time i did 350K but with splitscreen trick(oh sorry there is nothing to glitch i forgot),then in december i found some ultimate developers mistake,as good as cp or door,but only i know it and i'm not gonna say it.On mercenary forums there are a lot of lie about me:
1)i read messages between me and one player which i never wrote(unfortunately when i wrote a post in that thread moderators deleted thread and banned me with message "Cheating" which later was updated as "Cheating.GTFO")
2)My scores were called "hacked" but very unfortunately i don't know how its possible to hack xbox or ps3,IMHO its completely impossible because nobody of my friends never cheated on these consoles and i never read any info on russian forums.I'm not one of those who can "simply read threads on hack forums and became a hacker".

And not all  other runners bad at mercenaries.I know that avesta,johny kevlar,br0nen,elco23 and some more speed runners were on top on mercenaries.But you can't really dominate top 10 on merc and speed run at the same time cos all of us have private live Grin Grin
The moderators at biomercs did that to you? So you found a glitch and didn't hacking? I thought you were hacking because you there is a quote of you claiming to use hex editor to set times to 0:00:00. In any case that sounds pretty cool.
Edit history:
the andy: 2010-03-08 11:55:32 am
Quote:
The moderators at biomercs did that to you?

yes
if you want to make sure send me PM-i'll give you login and password to test.
Quote:
I thought you were hacking because you there is a quote of you claiming to use hex editor to set times to 0:00:00

in this week i was searching about hex editing,hacking or so.
Hex editors or save editors not exist for PS3 on any games,i read about cheats for MW2 on google request no editors for download.One gay hacked capcom database server and he changed his times and times of top players on PS3.
Quote:
I have done glitch runs with darkcornsyrup

ask him- he proves you that he not hacked his times.somebody changed it on ldb.
Quote:
In any case that sounds pretty cool.

there is nothing cool that somebody hacked times which you earned by yourself.
Quote:
he got that in less than 2 minutes

i mean times that you see on ldb.On ldb 2.55 was his record on C6(C6=C6.1+C6.2+C6.3).Resi Runner Pro showed me thick on volcano but we still not finished.So we got only 3.08 on C6.

How to make enemies come faster on DE?I just fineshed solo amateur with +1h and me 30th.Pls somebody make a vid which shows all you come to make enemies spawn.
And me finished Lost in Nightmares solo with 114K,its time to watch video guide from Mat-trix and get better.Never played solo runs before.

Has anyone on PS3 more than 7 kills  on amateur?Or this ldb hacked too and uncheckable?Yes people,more than 7 kills on ama is possible,br0nen got it and he not a hacker,but his "WR" with 10 kills on amateur with 125K is too cheap(132K-133K possible cos 3 enemies more gives +9K but you lost some time,"if you lost 1 min,you lost 600 points" )
Never played solo runs before.
Quote:
there are only 2 players on 360 who got 10/13/15 kills

priest unrest is 3rd person who knows.look for coop top 40 amateur.
Oh hi, you didn't understand much of what I wrote. I said that getting gllitched times is pretty easy and not exactly "hard earned". By less than 2 minutes I meant that we only played for less than 2 minutes to get the glitch in the volcano to work. The time we got was like 30 seconds or something..I forgot. So some dude hacked the server to fuck with your times? and gave himself crazy times? Is that what happened? That sounds pretty funny actually. "How is this possible?" (In wesker's voice) You glitch mercs solo? That is not very cool of you, NalioJH is a hard working woman give her a break.
Got an 11:35 in DE solo.  Shocked  My times continue to surprise me when I get them, lol.  I got two rockets, and apparently they save more time than I thought.  Grin

And lol at 9 seconds saved with the second rocket.  It's more like 25.
Edit history:
the andy: 2010-03-09 12:02:51 am
Quote:
Oh hi, you didn't understand much of what I wrote.

I'm russian,not american.My english is not good enough.
Quote:
I said that getting gllitched times is pretty easy and not exactly "hard earned"

really?have you ever tried to play as host and do all glitches?have you ever tried this without usb stick?
What is harder - do many many glitches or running?don't know.
For example 3.1 with all glitches is much harder than running.
Quote:
I meant that we only played for less than 2 minutes to get the glitch in the volcano to work

say thx to your partner.Me and Resi Runner Pro finished after ~30-40 tries on PS3(we only did this glitch,cos i asked him to show it).Than we tried it with Ayron on xbox,we tried 3 days from volcano save and always failed.We see wesker at the start of volcano but its failed,and we did many tries which are late.For glitch you need  a good connection,not only glitch skill.Nevermind,nobody will make 30 secs on this chapter anymore.
Quote:
So some dude hacked the server to fuck with your times? and gave himself crazy times? Is that what happened?

yes,but me not on top on PS3.My friend's time hacked
Old young man
Perhaps time glitches should be discussed in the Casual Speedrunning area?
As much as it takes timing and effort to perform these, it doesn't make it any more of an honest record nor does it contribute to ACTUAL speedrunning.

P.S. how are people doing the crank room on LiN? I managed to get 2 guardians on the blue crank a couple of times but it involves luring them into the violet trap hallway a little then circling until the trap is high enough (partner or solo).
I just finished DE on Professional and I just don't like it that much. I don't know if I'm going to run this one... maybe... but it's still a lot of randomness (rockets) so it might get on my nerves pretty quickly.

Good job for getting such great times though!
Hey spiralout why don't you work on a solo IL speedrun?
Read the sig, Johnny.  Grin  I plan on doing it in the future.
The mystery of 8th Guardian in LiN amateur solo level cannot be yet settled, but thanks Mr.slayerman!  Smiley