Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 21 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
yes, it's worth trying ... my memory on this is really sketchy, but i saw an implementation of lagarith somewhere other than the windows directshow/vfw codec recently and i think it may have been in ffmpeg.
oh, lol, fraps codec. doh.
Edit history:
ballofsnow: 2011-06-04 10:01:41 pm
ballofsnow: 2011-06-04 10:00:14 pm
ballofsnow: 2011-06-04 09:49:41 pm
ballofsnow: 2011-06-04 09:48:45 pm
ballofsnow: 2011-06-04 09:48:21 pm
Anri 3.3 will have cropping. Wasn't planning on it, but there were some requests.. actually I really didn't want to have another question (psp? y/n)..

Cropping values are before any resizing. It was a bit tricky making sure the aspect ratios were correct. I still think it's clunky doing this in dos batch, and having to open yet another vdub window... anyways it's done.

Is it going to be automated?
Not at this time.
Fucking Weeaboo
Oh come on ball.  Working with BAT files is FUN! Smiley

Seriously though, thanks.  I'll take what I can get for now, and hope someday it will be automated much like the GB/GBA cropping that's currently in.

Nice screenshot, BTW. Tongue
Edit history:
ballofsnow: 2011-07-08 04:02:37 pm
ballofsnow: 2011-06-15 07:24:03 pm
ballofsnow: 2011-06-05 09:49:51 pm
ballofsnow: 2011-06-05 09:48:39 pm
3.3 is out. There's probably some bugs in there that I missed, especially with the more-than-usual amount of new features. Thanks to bmn for help with the code, and anyone else that had ideas/suggestions. Report any bugs please...

3.3 direct link

I didn't list it, but the whole youtube video slowdown thing should be fixed for all quality versions.

Changes in 3.3
  • Re-use nmf source videos between encoding sessions.
  • Cropping.
  • Set PAR at video stream level (more compatible) instead of container level. Can be changed without re-encoding using tool found here.
  • Change aspect ratio on existing mp4 video.
  • Settings menu. Change where projects are saved, specify top or bottom field by default. Other stuff.
  • Audio piping through wavi instead of vdub/bepipe
  • Add multiple audio commentary tracks
  • Support for m2ts AVC stream
  • Encoding method changed to single crf pass + second pass if bitrate cap exceeded.
  • Fixed: mvbob width and height requirements
  • Fixed: double-prompt when using dfnd database. info
  • Fixed: decimate logic. info
  • Use yuy2 colourspace for NMF.

There's still quite a lot in the to-do list. 3.4 will probably require a lot of r&d.
Fucking Weeaboo
Awesome work, ballofsnow!  Thanks for all of your hard work.  Smiley
Professional Second Banana
Very cool!  Looking forward to giving it a try.
Finally SDA will get a sane encoding method! Smiley
Go, go, crf!
x264 can handle a shutdown, but getting anri to handle that correctly seems tricky.

Is there a database of all the weird special cases that have been run into and you want anri to be able to handle?
Sandbagging
No more automatic gameboyplayer cropping ? : (
Previous anri versions were not very... dynamic with the cropping. It had fixed offset values, and if your recorder had the picture off-center then Anri would basically chop off part of it. This was fine considering there was no manual cropping method (better than nothing, right?)... until now. Better to spend a little more time to get cropping precision.

These things will get improved. Gyth pointed out the auto-crop method, or could set cropping profiles in Anri that will get re-used. All in due time...
Along with crop, keep in mind that resize can take floats for the horizontal and vertical limits.
Rather than force an RGB conversion (and then back), a 2 pixel wide pillar box could be added and then the frame resized from that.

A 720x480 (anamorphic 16:9)  -> 853.333x480 becomes 720.5625x480 -> 854x480
Quote:
Anri 3.3 went back to non separated fields, encoded YV12 interlaced with x264.

I'm not sure I understand, anri doesn't deinterlace anymore???
Can we discuss that?

Old consoles output interlaced, modern displays are progressive.
Using a quality motion compensating deinterlacer before encoding seems like a much better option IMO than leaving it for the decoder to deal with.
Edit history:
ballofsnow: 2011-08-08 07:46:25 pm
You removed what I was responding to so there's no context.

Quote from ballofsnow:
Quote from nate:
was this sample made using anri?

Anri 3.3 went back to non separated fields, encoded YV12 interlaced with x264.

For the sample extractor only.
Edit history:
Kaede: 2011-08-17 12:38:32 pm
Kaede: 2011-08-17 12:34:38 pm
Hi,

I have about 180 Super Meat Boy IL videos to re-encode (though I will submit less, maybe half of it). Source files are FRAPS .avi. I am looking into a way to automate all the encoding with Anri-chan, since every file has identical video settings (codecs, framerate, resolution, colorspace etc.). This would save me a lot of time.

So :
- I have looked a little bit into some way to mass encode similar videos with the same setting (to avoid the usual "*1* indicate video path *2* answer yes or no *3* start encoding *4* wait for encoding to be finished *5* goto 1" cycle), but it doesn't seem as easy as I thought, as Anri-chan creates some video analysis files before encoding when the user answers questions.
Calling anri-chan with command-line arguments would be great, but does such a feature exists ?
- If not, is there a way to automagically queue the execution of Anri-chan job BAT files ? As it is now, these files asks the user for quality setting. Besides, the program doesn't close when encoding is finished (which may make job queuing harder).
I hope my english is not too bad. Thanks in advance for any help.
Edit history:
Kaede: 2011-08-21 06:52:14 am
Ok well I have checked the source page and it says Anri-chan 4 should have a config file to allow entire automation of the encoding process.
I guess I am going to wait for that version (or edit_settings.bat for v3.3), then batch re-encode all my stuff.
Edit history:
yoshifan: 2011-08-22 08:11:50 pm
yoshifan: 2011-08-22 08:11:32 pm
Minor thing with extracting samples: when sample extraction finishes, there's a message that goes something like "You should see a folder called 'sample' on your desktop", but this doesn't take into account that you can change the Project parent folder setting to something other than the desktop.

(I definitely appreciate the option to put project folders somewhere else, though.  Great work on Anri-chan!)
I read your post, but forgot that I wanted to respond.

Thanks for reporting that, I added it to the list.
So i noticed a "bug" if you want to call it that. I was encoding a submission video and one of my segment trims had a couple transposed numbers 30463 instead of 34063 for the end of a trim. This put the end frame before the beginning frame for that segment. Anri handled it well in that it didn't error. It just ignored that trim and left the segment out of the video. It caused a small amount of frustration for me though because I couldn't figure out why the segment was in my master file and the trims were in the bat file but it wasn't being included. After a few minutes I checked the array and found my mistake.

Would it be possible to update anri to check all the trims and confirm that the ending frames are before the beginning frames? It probably doesn't come up that often but it would be a nice little addition for cases like this. Now I have wasted 3 nights of rendering because I didn't catch that mistake earlier. Fortunately this is just a submission video and I can just cut the missing segment in but if this were a render for the site I would have to do the whole thing over again Sad
Added to the list.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Thanks for 3.3
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Well it took me a few hours of tampering with Anri-Chan, but I think I finally figured out how it works!  Granted though I probably could have figured it out sooner if the choices were a bit more explanatory...

If I recall correctly in a previous version, there was a choice for DVD/MPEG, but now it is just DVD...  I admit I feel a bit stupid for not checking that choice sooner, but hopefully this will mean I can start encoding videos myself without having to worry about hassling Nate...