--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
TheVoid: 2011-04-05 04:03:41 am
TheVoid: 2011-04-05 03:49:46 am
I'm encoding something at the moment and was wondering if there was a newer version of Anri-chan. So I checked the forum and saw that Anri-chan v3.2 is the newest version, so then I wanted to check which version I had and couldn't find it in its encoding window or shortcut name. Yeah I know it's mentioned in the directory but maybe it could be mentioned in the title bar of the encoding window before the "x264..."? Like "Anri-chan v3.2 - x264..."? Or possibly in the name of the shortcut? Seems easier to check that way.

EDIT: Just noticed something else in the title bar. It said 102400/102403 frames when the encoding was 100%, a bit odd Smiley
It's in the header when you run anri: metroid 2002 speed demos archive anri-chan [version number].
I have a couple of questions about encoding speed:

How much overhead does decoding Lagarith add to the x264 encoding process?  Today I recorded a one-level test speedrun using Lagarith.  The 3 minute video took 2 hours to encode two passes in HQ mode.  Would re-saving the original file as uncompressed avi before encoding make it any faster?

Secondly, is there a bottleneck in x264.exe's encoding?  It only uses about 30% of my CPU in any case.  When I encode something in xvid it uses about 99%.  (Those are usually simple DVD rips using undot, crop and resize however.)  On a Q9400 it takes an inordinate amount of time to encode in x264 because it only uses 1/3 of the CPU's capacity.  I've read that long Avisynth scripts (which Anri-chan obviously generates) can create a bottleneck.  There is a multithread version, called Avisynth MT: http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/MT_support_page .  Anyone up for testing this in Anri-chan?
my guess is you didn't use nmf!
Indeed Lips Sealed

Why is there no mention of it in the documentation?
it's an "advanced option," i dunno. feel free to add it.
Edit history:
ballofsnow: 2011-04-08 10:48:25 am
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/anrichan_1547.html#anrichan_1547

If you've got a solution, post it. I haven't found anything. Until then, use other software if not satisfied with Anri.
Sandbagging
First of all great job on anri. Love the program.
There is a tiny bug in it.
If you use the games database and hit enter once without entering anything it prompts you again to enter something however after you entered something and set it to a certain game it will relaunch the prompt for you to select a game from the letter you choose.

Here is the console output for it up to the 2nd prompt occuring :

http://pastebin.com/phLp1CRq

Should be easy to fix ^^
Adding to the bug list. Thanks.
Fucking Weeaboo
Will there be an option added for PSP cropping, like there is for GBA cropping?
Quote from ballofsnow:

If you've got a solution, post it. I haven't found anything. Until then, use other software if not satisfied with Anri.

I'm not sure I understand the results of this post. Is this basically saying that rendering from a single file (i.e. a NMF) is significantly faster than rendering from multiple files? If so that's good to know but doesn't really create an issue for me because I can easily concatenate my source files.
Quote from Sir VG:

there isn't now?
Quote from YoukaiDragoon:
Quote from ballofsnow:

I'm not sure I understand the results of this post. Is this basically saying that rendering from a single file (i.e. a NMF) is significantly faster than rendering from multiple files? If so that's good to know but doesn't really create an issue for me because I can easily concatenate my source files.

Was talking about AviSynth being a bottleneck.
Feature request: Add 2 variables, 1 to detect that you started making a NMF (for crash/debug purposes), and another to detect if you finished making a NMF. The purpose would be if you ever went back to encoding and wanted to make more qualities (example, I may only make HQ on the first go but then I want to come back and do NQ/LQ). An existing NMF would speed that up.
Good idea, will work on it.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from nate:
Quote from Sir VG:

there isn't now?

Not as of 3.2.  While the GBA option works kinda well, the PSP has a higher resolution then the GBA screen size.
weird. for reference, this is what i use:

Code:
function nate_psp3000(last) {
converttorgb
Crop(105,102,-107,-106) #thanks Sir_VG
lanczos4resize(480,272)
converttoyv12
}
Can you or Sir_VG upload some psp source videos?
i don't think i have any right now ... i could be wrong though.
Edit history:
Sir VG: 2011-05-14 02:35:15 pm
Fucking Weeaboo
I have a DVD recording since I recently ran a game.  I'd probably be better off doing some short videos though for you guys, since I'd otherwise be sending a 2.5GB file, unless I can rip a smaller portion out with IMGBurn.

Here's the smallest VOB I could get out of the video without recording something new.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VL5NQBDO
Bane of the Sith
can Anri be able to open Virtualdub if it gets closed when trimming the video?  I've had to restart the process a few times because i accidentally closed it and couldn't find the frame numbers Tongue
Edit history:
ballofsnow: 2011-05-26 10:19:37 am
No, but you can open virtualdub yourself and load projname_trimtemp.avs. Virtualdub is found in program files\ anriwhatever\virtualdub-1.9.7, and the projname_trimtemp.avs is in your project folder.
If anri used ffmpegSource it could open just about everything and possibly not need dgindex/mplayer.

Maybe as an option for people that aren't starting from an avi or vob.
Edit history:
ballofsnow: 2011-05-31 10:40:48 am
Tried it a year ago but couldn't load lagarith videos. Maybe it works now.

Can it totally replace avisource? Avisource has an annoying limit in how many can be opened at a time (appending many files together). ffmpegsource I believe indexes the files and doesn't have this problem.

Worth looking into again I suppose.