Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 11 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Get over here!
Sorry but could you upload to youtube? The Twitch player keeps crashing and lagging for me.
@ShadowDraft
Get over here!
Thanks. This might be faster than another route currently in use by Mr_Weables but I'm not sure. Will test it when I get there with the segmented run.
If you are talking about the phone route, I'm fairly certain even the old route was faster =P But this is DEFINITELY faster than both routes.
Yeah, Sychotix is right. eYeSonic's Cellar strat is a huge improvement. Without a doubt faster.
Decided to post a video of this beam clip in engine room.

It should be faster if it sends you into bounds towards the elevator, but slow if you get sent in on the other side of the gate. You can still clip through the gate but you lose a few seconds. It can also send you straight back OOB and softlock you since the dialog trigger makes the ladder used in the current strat unclickable
Edit history:
ShadowDraft: 2013-11-16 07:12:59 pm
ShadowDraft: 2013-11-16 07:12:34 pm
ShadowDraft: 2013-11-16 07:11:30 pm
ShadowDraft: 2013-11-16 07:10:44 pm
Get over here!
That's faster. But also very dangerous. Considering we already have some pretty nasty runkillers I decided to look around the area and found the following:

This shouldn't waste too much time and it's faster than the ladder grab.
Slippy
I just beat the game Glitch-less in 56:26.30 I can't seem to find a record for a glitch-less run does anybody have official best time? The only other run I could find was a run that was 56:43
"Glitch-less" is an arbitrary category, and doesn't really exist in Amnesia. Honestly, how do you determine what is a glitch, and what is not? I.E. you can skip the entire pig encounter in the church by simply jumping over the railing to the bottom of the stairs. It skips a trigger, and never spawns the pig. Would that be considered a glitch, or just clever use of game mechanics?

Reasons like this are why games such as Amnesia are typically split by Any%, and No Out of Bounds. My best time for No OOB was 44:46, but nobody has discussed what would be considered OOB in detail (but I don't know how they defined it in TDD either) so I just used my best judgement.

Honestly, the community for this game is pretty dead.
Get over here!
A Machine for Pigs is currently in the steam autumn sale reduced by 50%.
Slippy
It's upseting that this community is dying Sad I'd honestly love to see a 100% of this game. (Finding all notes telographs answering all phones) This was one of my favorite games to play over and over again regardless of how much it actually sucked haha.
Get over here!
Oh I'm still working on this. At least with planning. 100% sound interesting but notes and telographs are scattered so far. I think I didn't get all notes on my casual playthrough even haha.

I'll look into it though. There's still any% segmented to do though.
Slippy
I've been routing and finding everything I'll try and have a list up tomorrow if you'd be interested.
Get over here!
Sure. PM me here or something. Smiley
Edit history:
WadeFish: 2013-12-01 10:27:18 am
Slippy
No problem
Here's an early sewers clip I found.

Sorry for the poor video quality. You almost always fly through the wall too fast and die though, so it's probably not worth the risk for anything but segmented. But it does save a lot of time if you can get it quick.
Get over here!
Holy crap amazing find Nosferatu! That's like 20 seconds off the clock if you get it first try. Though I have to agree it's probably a segmented trick more than one to use in SS. I tried it for one hour now and only got it once so far.
Here's a fancy Tesla_2 route I did earlier today.

It took me forever to get it done even once but man its so fun compared to the regular Tesla_2 route.
Skips that stupid hallway with 1/2 movement speed and saves like 15-20 seconds maybe? I'm not sure how fast the optimal current route is.
Similar route with lower odds of dieing terribly. This 1 only saves a few seconds though.
Get over here!
Are you a wizard? Cheesy

Seriously that's awesome! Sub 23 gametime is so "easy" now. With all the strats collected I estimate a final time to be near 22 minutes gametime.
So this sound like something that should have been obvious but... during the pig chase in the streets level, if you hug the right wall and take sharp turns it seems like the pig 100% never gets a hit off. The last time I saw people stream this it looked they were still getting hit so I'm assuming this is new info.
Get over here!
That's known but basically that level has another stupid gimmick. At the end of the pig chase there's that little script where you slide and the movespeed is slowly coming back. If you have perfect timing through the hole level you can actually cancel that out using the screen shaking script since that is in fact another slow trigger. And since the game handles added triggers in a weird way it just cancels out the first one.
Hey this game isn't dead yet. Btw sorry ShadowDraft routing a 100% in this game is difficult espicially with life. But I plan on doing some streams soon if you're still interested in a 100% run. Also hi Nosferatu
Edit history:
Nosferatu: 2014-03-03 10:44:10 am
Nosferatu: 2014-03-02 07:46:47 pm
I finally found a new strat that may be reasonable for SS. Keep in mind that I had the quick save bug during this video so I didn't take fall damage after the clip, so this would be a few seconds slower in reality.

The place where you clip around the control panel thing actually has 3 layers to it. There's the in-bounds area where you hop on the box thing, an area above that where you need to clip out with a pipe, and the roof of the room itself.

The setup I use to get on the box is similar to the reactor clip, just a lot easier. Stay to the right - sprint-jump at the box thing - stop sprinting mid-air - spam jump and crouch, and you should get up. Once you want to clip through the ceiling, hold sprint and spam crouch and jump which should put you above the room on the second layer. From there, continue to hold sprint, run at the pipe and spam jump and crouch until you clip through to the roof of the room.

It seemed to be pretty consistent for me and has the potential to save a bit of time. There's probably a more optimal route in the main room where you don't fall down to ground level immediately and instead run along the pipes and drop down later.

Edit: There did end up being a pipe path that's really direct
Edit history:
ShadowDraft: 2014-03-02 07:17:12 pm
ShadowDraft: 2014-03-02 07:16:58 pm
Get over here!
Hm this might be a tricky one ... there's a slight chance you can clip instantly with the other method. And you don't lose any health until the clip back in bounds.

The fall from the control room costs a lot. Other than that it's pretty consistent I've to agree on that.

You're really pushing that segmented run back on my mind now .. Tongue

Edit: Found a slightly faster way to clip.