Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Eric 'Omnigamer' Koziel!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/zerokamikaze/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Oct. 6, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Wake up and be awesome
I'm getting around to this one
SEGA Junkie
Been waiting a while for this one.

A/V: Spot on!
Cheating: None

My experience with speedrunning this game lasted about one week (remember tourneys?). Even then we were doing some of the stuff in this run (the wall jump glitch was found during the week, as was the fact that the motorboat levels are completely broken) but this is a whole new level of optimisation even beyond runs of Omni's that I've seen before.

The Good:
+ 4 out of 5 wall jump glitches (these are all frame perfect!)
+ A Firebug (3-2 boss) fight that is somewhere between very and obscenely lucky. The nunchuk attack does double the damage of a jump or shuriken but you can only use it against an enemy on the ground, so for Firebug to drop to the ground as frequently as he did saves a good deal of time in the fight, especially with the tight timing that gets two hits per drop.
+ Frame-perfect 4-1, 4-2 and 6 (lol)

The Bad:
- 7-3 boss Sad Thankfully the game is pretty merciful if you die on a boss, it just respawns you in the arena and doesn't even reset the damage already dealt to the boss. (If it did reset damage, Firebug would be very difficult on a casual play!)

The Interesting:
* Omni looks like he's wasting time by doing a double jump before some glides but it's completely necessary: if you wait long enough to start a glide Zero's trajectory out of the glide is completely horizontal, rather than slowly descending.

Clear accept from me!
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2014-09-23 09:18:26 am
All the things
Note on the auto-scrollers: you can, in fact, have slightly different times on them depending on a few factors, but it's not controllable or visible for the most part. Your speed can vary slightly if when you get hit or "rev" the throttle, which can give a speed slightly lower or higher than your normal max. I try this briefly in both of the Jet Ski autoscrollers, but the difference between a "good" speed and a "bad" speed is about half a second. I think both autoscrollers came out average in this run. I don't even try on Toxic because my speed will readjust every time I'm hit.

The run is also on my YouTube (below), but as always you should still download the verification files to check for quality and completeness.

A/V good, no cheating detected

This is a really solid run and will not be easy to improve.  Most tricks and strats are nailed and the mistakes are minor.  Accept
Is PJ
This game is a total asshole.  Kudos to Omnigamer for putting up with this bullshit long enough to get such a strong run!  As Mike89 pointed out, the 5 walljumps in this run took a total of 6 attempts, which is incredibly good.  There is a really awkward 1-frame window for the walljump, so that's really impressive.  The execution throughout this run is spot-on.  He makes some really impressive glides (I've seen enough failed attempts at gliding under the wrecking balls to know how picky some of those are), and his movement in general is very clean.  He died just before dealing the final hit to the 2nd last boss which is a shame, but deaths are super quick in this game so it's not a big deal.

This is a definitely accept from me.  Good work, Omni!
Wake up and be awesome
Whelp, screw due dates on verification Tongue

Anyway, like I said before, here's my vote
Yup
Reason, just read what others said
Decision posted.