Sad
page  <- 123456789101112131415 -> <- 1 .. 12 .. 15 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
difficult and stupidly random
Pres, FDS seems to be behaving just the same as US version.  It's the same scenario Fiskbit corrected me on earlier.  You entered the VOD encounter by accident which sets the scrolling flag to "right" (even tho no actual scrolling happened), and then right after it you hit a large enemy on a path square (which changes the potion's collected flag based on the last value of the scrolling flag).  FWIW, I dont think it matters which way you exit that large-enemy-on-path encounter, since it won't affect the scrolling flag.

edit:  lol VOB.  Thanks a lot, smw.
HELLO!
Yup, thank you.  I simply misunderstood, but now I get it. Smiley

Had I walked right, then left, I'd have been fine. Doh.

Edit: Now I going to be tempted to start calling it the Valley of Bowser.
HELLO!
Glitched NG+, 12:05.  Few small mistakes, and pretty trolly Dark Link.  Gained time on every split though, the biggest gain being Palace 7 of course because I didn't have two unintentional deaths, instead taking the one intentional.  Goal is 11:55 now.  Better encounter luck might make 11:50 possible.

Had  someone in chat tell me sub-10 is possible, which kind of scared me. Then I loaded up the TAS and immediately remembered: oh yeah, l+r. Heh. So sub-10 isn't bugging me. Smiley

If I'd gotten my 11:58 or whatever I'd have moved on to Any% glitched easily. Now... I'm not entirely sure what I want.
HELLO!
Extreme Rules is Dead. Long Live 100% All Keys, 1CC.

http://redcandle.us/adventure-of-link/categories/

Quote:
100% All Keys, 1CC

The player has to get all spells, all heart containers, all magic containers (as all are needed to get the Thunder spell anyway), all sword techniques, and all permanent items (1ups not included).  Maximum leveling is not required. Deaths are allowed, but continuing after Game Over or Up+A is not allowed. Also, the player must have gotten a key for every door he uses, or for every door he get past by other means. Most notably: walking on the ceiling over a door still requires the player to have gotten a key for that door, and using the Fairy spell to get through a door without a key is forbidden.

Timing begins when the player gains control of Link in North Palace, and timing ends when the player loses control of Link shortly after defeating the Shadow.

Also, say hello to Any% No Door Fairying, 1CC.

Quote:
Any% No Door Fairying, 1CC

The rules are that one can get or skip any permanent items, sword techniques, or spells, as long as you start from a new game and win the game. Deaths are allowed, but continuing after Game Over or Up+A are not allowed. The player is not allowed to use the Fairy spell to get through a door without a key.  Casting the Fairy spell while out of bounds (e.g. the  Thunderbird Skip) is disallowed by convention.

Timing begins when the player gains control of Link in North Palace, and timing ends when the player loses control of Link shortly after defeating the Shadow.

For the record this was the result of an IRC chat I had with Feasel and Pro_JN.  It's not just me making this up out of the blue. Smiley  And I think the community was well and sick of the no-pause buffering rule from TG.
http://twitch.tv/Exisidis2
Nice 12:05! Keep it up and go for that sub 12! Smiley
HELLO!
Well you were right. Smiley

11:42

And now NG+ Glitched becomes a fun run until someone else runs it, and the Any% Glitched work begins.
Quote from presjpolk:
Better encounter luck might make 11:50 possible.
Only 11:50? Wink  Nice run!
HELLO!
Quote from AlecK47:
Quote from presjpolk:
Better encounter luck might make 11:50 possible.
Only 11:50? Wink  Nice run!

Yeah, I underestimated some things. Smiley
zzzzzzzzzz
Nice time.  I'll watch it soon.  What does 1 CC even mean?  Basically no game over?  Maybe it's an accepted abbreviation, but I've never seen it used, and it's not obvious from your description.
HELLO!
Old arcade era term I suppose.  1 credit clear. No continues.
HELLO!
I called this screenshot 'heartbreak'.

Some of the time I 'lose' early isn't real, as in the previous PB  I'd forgotten to get the magic container south of North Palace, heh.  Great Palace takes me from being within a minute (and therefore good Dark Link luck) of the WR, to... blah.
HELLO!
So I kept grinding at it, and eventually realized I was probably good enough now to at least break even skipping the second scroll lock, and instead just manning up for medicine cave.  So I'm doing only two healer glitches now.

There's still a few more minutes that can come off of this, most of it in a better second glitch.  But 28:14 it is. NG Glitched.
HELLO!
And so getting a whiff of my time, a drunk pro_jn bangs out a 27:04 in a practice stream. Was on 24:xx pace at the great palace. Congratulations.
Smörgåsbord
This is how things are going in the Z2 world: http://nintendo-records.com/home/nes/Zelda2.html

Also #Zelda2 @ irc.speeddemosarchive.com is a good place for people who are interested in learning the game! Cheesy
HELLO!
26:30.

Back to you, JN. Smiley
HELLO!
Well, he just sent it back to me.  22:33.  22 freaking 33.

http://www.twitch.tv/pro_jn/c/1917032

So sick. This route just destroyed my route.  It's not even close anymore.  Sub 21 possible but... this'll be hard. Smiley
Quote from presjpolk:
Well, he just sent it back to me.  22:33.  22 freaking 33.

http://www.twitch.tv/pro_jn/c/1917032

So sick. This route just destroyed my route.  It's not even close anymore.  Sub 21 possible but... this'll be hard. Smiley

Do not Taunt Happy Fun Ball.  errr I mean Pro_JN.  Same thing.
For you NG+ Glitch runners, planning for taking a death at the hammer:

At life 8, axes kill you in 6 hits (.75 bars of damage)
At life 7, axes kill you in 5 hits (.875 bars of damage)
At life 6, axes kill you in 4 hits (1 bar of damage)
At life 4, axes kill you in 3 hits (1.5 bars of damage)

What does planning around this death this mean for the great palace?

Axes are in damage group 4. For relevant enemies specific to ng+ glitched, blue moas, and most "small" great palace enemies are in this group as well as fokka's sword beam.

Relevant group 5 enemies: girobokku (sheild moa), fokkeru, blue & red lizalfos, red rope, dark link
1 bar of damage at life 8
1.25 bars of damage at life 7
1.5 bars of damage at life 6
2.25 bars of damage at life 4

Relevant group 6 enemies: fokkas (both)
1.5 bars of damage at life 8
2 bars of damage at life 7
2.5 bars of damage at life 6
3.5 bars of damage at life 4

I suspect going lower than life 4 isn't really an option, unless you never get hit anywhere else, but you have to go to life 2 to die to 2 axes. This means 3.5 bars from group 5, and 5 bars from group 6.
HELLO!
Sounds like 6 is what I'd want to use, at least until forced to go to 4 Smiley  Take 2 axes from the first daira.  take 1 axe  before picking up the hammer. Take 1 after. Done.

Yeah. This is possible. Now downstab can be skipped. But, it will still most likely be faster to still get it in any%. I'm like 99% sure of that considering how powerful downstab is.
HELLO!
Fighting blue IKs, bouncing over 50 million enemies... it's worth *considering* but I agree.

Skipping jump would be one thing. Skipping the mighty, mighty downstab? No. Smiley
HELLO!
Oh I forgot to mention. I got my Powerpak Friday. I loaded Zelda II FDS on it. Tried the glitch, to see what would happen, and whether it'd be the same as the Japanese VC version.

It's not the same. The 4th time I go through the door in Glitch Town... I come out in FAIRY form. stuck in the room, unable to fairy out.
HELLO!
Guys: You HAVE to see the thunderbird fight in this.

http://www.twitch.tv/error72/c/2043436

I think this was a whirlwind?
Willing to teach you the impossible
No. He cast reflect and the fire was hurting thunderbird.
HELLO!
I don't think fire shots are reflected though. They just get absorbed.