Smiley
Sad
<- 12345
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I started trying to do some Toal runs yesterday, but I can't get the clip through the doors very well. I'm playing on controller and the only video I could find was on mouse movement. Can anyone help me with this?
I never did practice the door clipping. You're talking about when you slip through the left or right side between the frame and door right? Hachrt or XtremeBored might know about it more than myself. I can say that mouse movement is definitely more precise for aiming for known techniques such as the door clipping and jumping onto platforms that are just outside your reach, before double jumping anyways.
Yeah that's the clip I'm talking about. Unfortunately I was trying to avoid using my mouse since I use a computer for several hours a day and my hands get a bit tired of using a mouse if I use it too much while gaming in addition to school stuff. It doesn't look like ChaosEnigma was using mouse movement in his video on page three, so I was hoping there was something special to it since it felt random when I was trying it.
Edit history:
Littlenino: 2014-06-30 04:57:09 pm
Littlenino: 2014-06-30 04:40:08 pm
Quote from Ralkon:
Yeah that's the clip I'm talking about. Unfortunately I was trying to avoid using my mouse since I use a computer for several hours a day and my hands get a bit tired of using a mouse if I use it too much while gaming in addition to school stuff. It doesn't look like ChaosEnigma was using mouse movement in his video on page three, so I was hoping there was something special to it since it felt random when I was trying it.

I haven't found a perfectly consistent way to perform door clips with Toal on a gamepad (which is a shame since I prefer gamepad), but I have a setup that usually lets me get them within 2-5 tries when performed properly. However, it feels like there's a bit of luck involved because it'll sometimes take 8+ tries despite doing the same thing each time, but it's probably just a somewhat tight frame window that I haven't quite gotten the feel for yet.

Anyway, what I do is I set up on the right side of the door, a short distance from the actual corner of the door. I then dash while holding the joystick upward, and then roll the joystick to the upper-right to make him dash into the corner.

Here's a video to show what I'm talking about:

Although the last attempt in the video was rather messy, you can see that it's at least a somewhat consistent setup. It averages out to somewhere around 3-4 attempts in practice, which isn't too bad. I'd like to find a better setup though if possible because it really sucks to lose runs because of door clips refusing to cooperate.

I also enable "Use Analog as Digital" when I perform door clips, but it's not necessary. I just find door clips to cooperate more on a gamepad when it's enabled.
Oh thanks for the video! That is way easier than what I was trying before which would take me anywhere from 1~15 tries (usually on the higher end of that).
I'm just doing a casual Toal run right now, using a gamepad. I haven't had that much trouble with the door skips when I decided to try them, but I don't know what I'm doing differently. Even the Guilty Fire wall lowering skip is doable in about 2-3 tries at most. Oh, and are there any walls/doors that are skippable in the old version but not 1.1.1.0?