--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

XCOM: Enemy Unknown (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Segmented]

Verifier Responses

Quote from Elipsis:
A/V: I watched the IQ version of this run and it looks pretty great.  No issues whatsoever here.

Cheating: None detected.  The runners move FAST and so I had to do some frame-by-frame stuff to make sure the hit % wasn't always coming up at 100% or something silly like that.  Analyzed the mouse movement in a few random places and it looks highly skilled but very much human.  Pulled in my roommate (who got VERY into this game awhile back) for a second opinion and everything the runners say about RNG and manipulation is spot on.

Play Quality:  When I saw that this was a segmented run, my first comment was "I better see some damn good RNG."  And my goodness it's obvious that the runners spent a ton of time working out every detail of this game to work out perfectly, or near perfectly, for pretty much every segment.  While I expected to see lots of running forward and hitting 10% shots from 2 screens away for criticals, I drastically underestimated how much highly skilled menuing was vital to the run.  The runner performs a lot of base setup and management very quickly, and I found myself having to watch the run in slow motion to even follow it.  The movement in combat is also trickier than I had imagined, and it's obvious that the runners put a lot of time into both execution and planning.  (Blocking the teleport destination and surrounding the secondary destination in advance, for example, was a real treat.)

Conclusion

Unless I'm misunderstanding something drastic about this game, everything I've seen demonstrates mastery of X-Com: Enemy Unknown's mechanics.  I give this run a strong accept.

PS: I think the runners will be happy to know that the segmentation penalty is no longer a thing.

Quote from HoboWithaShotgun:
Wow, I never thought I'd be able to finally see the end of this run. Been following it ever since it started. I personally can't say much that hasn't already been said.

Accept

Quote from KHANanaphone:
Segment 34 sounds weird (13:12 to 13:34) and it's a bit jarring. Not really a big deal, though. The run is insane otherwise. Battling with the camera and moving multiple units at a time is way harder than it looks (it's not even something that you're supposed to be able to do). Accept.

Quote from ShadowDraft:
A/V good. No cheating detected.

Oh. My. God. This is a stunning segmented run. Not only does it have godly RNG everything is planned out perfectly. I never expected to see S.H.I.V.s used like that. Just incredible work and well worthy of an accept on this site.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Kevin 'Papers'!
Thread title:  
XCOM Timesheet: http://goo.gl/BWDqbC
Thanks guys! Yeah, segment 34 accidentally got recorded at a really low volume and I didn't notice until the run was finished. I did what I could in editing but it doesn't sound great. Twyn also worked on this run and has a couple of segments. I put his name in the submission form but I see its not in the run information sheet. How could I add him before the run is published?
Get over here!
Thanks for completely blowing my mind. That run well deserves a spot on the site. Looking forward to your next project!