--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-11-14 02:57:54 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Wolfschanze 1944 (Any %) (Segmented) (Blitzkrieg)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Carsten 'djcj' Janssen!
Thread title:  
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-11-14 02:57:15 pm
1-Up!
Run Information

Wolfschanze 1944 (Any %) (Segmented) (Blitzkrieg)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/wolfschanze1944/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Nov. 12, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Some levels might be very confusing. If needed, I could draw maps explaining what was going on.
And to be fair: if I recorded the game at higher framerate the doors would have opened slightly faster.
Also, when you press ESC while in a level, the game freezes for about half a second. The autosave function is not usable for speedrunning, so I had to save manually at the beginning of each game. Later I found that when I press ESC while the next level is still loading the game menu opens immediately, whithout the 0.5 seconds stutter. I redid some levels after I originally completed the game (I kept an eye on health and ammu consistency), so on some levels you might see the stutter and on others not.

In case you need a regular walkthrough to compare it with my run, here is one: http://www.gameanyone.com/game/PC/22297.html
The farce that is this game competes with the farce that was Nazi Germany... And anyone who doesn't like it is a Nazi sympathizer! Smiley I've never seen more glitched graphics in any non-TAS before! It's pretty, it's like art!

Cheating: what do you need it for when you've got limitless object flying and trivial out-of-bounds?
A/V: Beautiful!
Play quality: Very smooth even when it resembles regular gameplay.

Accept! Annehmen bitte!
This is only 20 minutes long, so I decided to take a look, even though I have never played this game. And to be honest, to make a proper assessment of this run, you need to have played the game quite a lot. Anyways, it's an entertaining glitch-fest and a good watch. Everything looked good in all departments (not a big surprise, seeing who the runner is).

ACCEPT

Note: This is labelled as segmented above (it should also say that it was played on the hardest difficulty by the way). Nowhere in the comments is this apparent though. I can not tell in the video either that it was segmented, as the video seems to have been carefully "spliced" together (if it is indeed segmented). I personally dislike segmented runs having been manipulated into looking too much like single segment. It's maybe for the viewing pleasure, but it's bad practice imo...
Oh I never realized it was segmented either from watching it... Well I guess that's what explains how smoothly it went. And a second on needing to mention the difficulty setting too.
Not a walrus
What's the hardest difficulty called in this game?
I googled this game in an attempt to find information on difficulties and such.  All I found was that the game is supposedly based on the rather famous assassination attempt on Hitler, placeholder pages on gamefaqs and ign, references to the game's existence... and a youtube video proclaiming it to be the worst PC game ever.  So yeah...

A/V is shit, but that's the game's fault.  Seriously, the sounds and graphics are on par with Minecraft (this game was supposed to be realistic? lmfao), and the music is worse.  Given the game's quality I'm perfectly willing to believe that all the glitches are legit.

As for the run?  Based on the ending, I have only one thing to say: OH THE HUMANITY!  Accept
Vanilla H is mai waifu
A/V is good. no cheating.

Well, maybe the fraps fps could be removed, but it's a minor detail.
Anyway, the run is incredible, Superman was in the party.
I've only seen one error at some point, and the run is so well done.
The runner was really lucky with his life who went down really low, forcing him to replenish his life.
I don't know if it's possible to have more life at this point.

Anyway, it's an Accept for me.
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
What's the hardest difficulty called in this game?
Blitzkrieg.
You can see all the difficulties listed at 0:16, with the actual difficulty explained in brackets:
Quote:
Piece of Wurst (easy)
Panther (medium)
Iron Cross (hard)
Blitzkrieg (very hard)

Though difficulty didn't matter much, since I was out of bounds for most of the times and the AI is stupid as hell and easy to fool. If you keep moving and try to not run straight in front of them, they will have a hard time hitting you. And they can't even see you at all if you're holding a barrel or box in front of you. XD

@AlecK47: Yeah, this game's a piece of shit. But shitty games are sometimes fun to run since they're often really glitchy. ^^
Not a walrus
Decision posted.
Quote from djcj:
@AlecK47: Yeah, this game's a piece of shit. But shitty games are sometimes fun to run since they're often really glitchy. ^^

I didn't mean to be critical of you at all, and I can understand the allure of a disaster masquerading as a video game - hence the Hindenburg reference.  I probably should have said more in favor of the run itself though, because it is really good.  The glitches and, er, "quality" of the game made me laugh a great deal as well.  I should have been more clear about that, so my bad there.
Just realized that the first post doesn't mention that the run is with large-skip glitches. But I think it should since I skipped a LOT in this run.
Not a walrus
I can fix that, but I'm curious if you think anybody would actually run this game without the skips. Smiley
Vanilla H is mai waifu
Quote:
but I'm curious if you think anybody would actually run this game without the skips.

I'm curious about anyone who would actually run this game. :V