--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
petrie911: 2007-08-02 03:01:29 am
Everybody loves Hypnotoad!
Quote:
The ability to side jump then jump attack is really coming in handy. Let me know if there is anything to be researched.

Well, looks like the right-angle jump is finally getting some use.  In MM and OoT, the curve jump tended to supplant it in most situations.

Oh, and you might want to check if this has any use in WW.  I'm almost certain that it will work, but it's a bit situational.

Quote:

I'm looking into this.I plan to experiment with this soon.
Edit history:
YautjaElder: 2007-08-02 09:19:39 pm
Speed is the key.
About the route for TWW... is TSA's route the most optimal one (for rupees/charts/shards)?

I saw some discussion about the rupee route a few pages back but nothing concrete.
MrGrunz is a guay
Ya right now TSA's route is the one we're using just with a few changes
Quote:
About the route for TWW... is TSA's route the most optimal one (for rupees/charts/shards)?

I saw some discussion about the rupee route a few pages back but nothing concrete.

I'm working on making an updated route.When to save warp and such.
Quote:
And Yautja, damn I cannot wait to see you speedrun this game! Nice appetizer  Grin

*clears throat* I'm still alive you know...  Tongue

Also, going fast on ropes has already been mentioned IIRC on this thread before. Yaujta is just the first to make a video of it...

And yes, that's exactly how I went upon doing the ropes course.
Speed is the key.
Quote:

*clears throat* I'm still alive you know...  Tongue

Also, going fast on ropes has already been mentioned IIRC on this thread before. Yaujta is just the first to make a video of it...

And yes, that's exactly how I went upon doing the ropes course.

Wow, I must've missed you :P. So you have 9 segments recorded?

That would place you at Dragon Roost, right? Any idea on your time vs. TSA's so far?
Zelda Rulez!
This is not related to the speedrun but because this is only active TWW topic Sad

Maybe it's old, sorry.
Quote:
This is not related to the speedrun but because this is only active TWW topic Sad

Maybe it's old, sorry.

Yeah that's kind of like Fierce's video on killing the killer bees.

And Korenshi, what is your time?
Quote:
Wow, I must've missed you :P. So you have 9 segments recorded?

That would place you at Dragon Roost, right? Any idea on your time vs. TSA's so far?

My route is different, obviously... Currently I'm at the 2nd ropes course segment. Of course, I don't really know which segments I'll want to pair together (example: segment 6 part 1, segment 6 part 2), but I've paired a couple.

Quote:
Any idea on your time vs. TSA's so far?

Quote:
And Korenshi, what is your time?

*Points to name... Korenshei, not Korenshi :P*

My time? Atm all I have are very rough estimates because obviously I can't use anri-chan, because I'm using VHS. However, I did use a stopwatch to time myself alot Tongue

With every segment I'm doing I'm improving on TSA's time, either by a little bit, or by a good chunk. Keep in mind that saying 'segment' really shouldn't mean anything because my route is different... in other words I mean 'by the time I get to every important place such as the beginning of a dungeon, I've improved even more on TSA's run'.

So far out of a very rough estimate, I'm somewhere around 4 minutes and 17 seconds faster.

But yeah, I'm assuming I must be a few seconds (maybe 5-30?) off. And I don't mean I could be slower with the real results... I mean my time might be faster.

I'm going to try to record the 2nd ropes course segment ASAP, but I've been a bit more busy lately irl.
Speed is the key.
I'm kinda itching to run this game, but since Korenshei seem to have things under control, I'll hold off. Wink
No the Quail is not riding the Q
Quote:
*Points to name... Korenshei, not Korenshi :P*

Your name is Keese.
Quote:
I'm kinda itching to run this game, but since Korenshei seem to have things under control, I'll hold off. Wink

Finding improvements for the win.
Speed is the key.
Quote:
Finding improvements for the win.

After watching all the trick videos on youtube and the like, I'm almost certain that a time below 6 hours is achievable.
Edit history:
AngerFist: 2007-08-05 12:28:27 am
Angered Me, You have!
Quote:

Sad This is a sad day. No offense to Korenshei but I just really wanted to see you speedrun this game.
Quote:

Sad This is a sad day. No offense to Korenshei but I just really wanted to see you speedrun this game.

... He has all the other Zelda games to choose from... he could even do a SS of this game if he wanted because at the moment I'm not planning on doing one (but I'd like to when I'm done with my any% Smiley )

Quote:
After watching all the trick videos on youtube and the like, I'm almost certain that a time below 6 hours is achievable.

Maybe with a Tingle Tuner, but without one, I'm not sure. I don't know if I'm going to use it or not in my run... I'd like to be able to not have to record it... that'd be much less of a hassle.
Why not do the 100% run Yatuja?

I mean the last one was non-stop fun.

Really, I thought you were fed up of Zelda.  Were you not just wanting to get OoT over with near the end?  Thought WW would be the last game you would want to do.

Regardless friendly competion can be a good thing...
I've always planned to do a run of this game.I'll do one in the future Smiley
A 100% route of this game would be far less unreasonable than it might first seem (my first through was "no way", but then I thought about it). Even given my generally poor knowledge of this game since I'm strongly of the opinion that WW is the worst 3d Zelda, I think I could work something out. Nothing optional is particularly vital during a run except perhaps the sun's song equivalent thing, unless there's some hidden virtue to magic armor or the hurricane spin that I'm not seeing (they're totally useless, right?). Well, I actually am totally unsure about the theoretical usefulness of seagulls since they just scream "quirky tricks", though I can't see them being a pivotal item or anything...

The general philosophy would be to just get what's on the way and to rush through the story since the Hookshot is either needed or helpful all over the place (this is the exact opposite of the philosophy used in OoT). You might be able to put off the Earth Temple a bit longer since the Mirror Shield is less useful, but it would probably still fall fairly early. Once you were out triforce hunting, you'd also be out heart piece and treasure chart hunting. Yeah, that portion of the game would quintuple in length, and it would involve a lot of sailing.

We also would need to figure out exactly what the rules with treasure charts would be. Since they appear in your menus, I'd assume that every chart would be required, but I question whether actually going and fetching the treasures would be required in the cases in which the treasure is something generic (like rupees). It does mark the treasure chart as "resolved". Then again, the treasure charts are basically maps, and map is something that SDA has always said is not a part of 100%. The whole thing just needs some nice clarity.

I doubt under 7 hours is possible for a 100% of this game, but an SDA acceptable time might just be possible. I also don't know if it would be particularly fun to 100% this game. Navigating all those islands quickly is a matter of skill, but actually going to all of those islands is just a massive tedium factor. Then again, wanting to run this game at all is kinda accepting tedium so...

If anyone has any interest in serious 100% WW discussion, I guess I could do some more research on the matter and try to put something together. If it seems altogether too long and boring for anyone to consider actually doing, well, I'd certainly understand.
Speed is the key.
I don't think I'll ever do a TWW 100% run... it would just be a whole lot of sailing, really.
I'm with you Yauty.I would never do one.
A SS sounds much easier than a 100% for this game... but quite frankly I'd like to know if it's posssible to run in under 10 hours.

I think figurines would be the real time-killer here. If you do away with those, I think an SDA acceptable time is possible.
Heh, I figured as much, and I certainly can't blame anyone for not wanting to do that. I'm pretty sure that Yajuta is totally right insofar as it would be mostly a lot of sailing.

I was assuming from the start that figurines would not be required. Requiring figurines would make it take 20 hours, most of which is just sailing around back and forth to Forest Haven. They really are just "changing the map" like getting the cow in OoT; they don't actually help Link in any way.
I truly don't mind the sailing... and wouldn't mind even more of it in a 100%.

If figurines aren't required then someone should definitely research/try a 100%.
Just ask Radix what his 100% definition of this game is. Tongue
Speed is the key.
Earth Temple Timesaver

Slightly faster than Chimpas' method.