Sad
<- 1  -   of 71 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote:
Damn it all. I was just inches away from skipping the first Phantom Ganon battle at the FF. I got him near the spiked pegs and was able to overhead parry just high enough to jump over the pegs.But take a guess, there is an invisible wall blocking the path...obviously. When Link hits the wall he acts like he hits the spiked pegs...I have yet another theory to skip this....Yeah it's useless since we need the Skull Hammer but I think skipping the battle would be pretty cool Tongue

I hate invisible walls... there seem to be alot more in this game than in TP.

Here it is.
No the Quail is not riding the Q
Quote:

Here it is.

Have you tried the stairs part? Don't have a file anywhere near there...the url says new...

Later I'm going to make a video about how to do the hookshot slide without the hookshot being displayed in front of you.
Gah. So... close...
Quote:
Have you tried the stairs part? Don't have a file anywhere near there...the url says new...

Later I'm going to make a video about how to do the hookshot slide without the hookshot being displayed in front of you.

Yes....another fucking invisible wall.Also he has a certain range of where he can go.He can't go all the way down the stairs.My other theory....There is a ladder that doesn't reach the ground on the other side.Maybe if I can parry high enough and grab it.I know I can get high enough but I'm sooo close to grabbing it.Inches away.

Also I'm going to try to record a sub 20 second Phantom Ganon battle...it might be sub 25 not too sure.
MrGrunz is a guay
Quote:

Will it be on youtube or have you left youtube forever?
hi
@whoever said try to get the pigs to destroy the trees, I think that's impossible, because someone earlier said there's only 6 throwable objects on the island and the pigs require 8...

and you'd kinda...need the sword anyway
Quote:
@whoever said try to get the pigs to destroy the trees, I think that's impossible, because someone earlier said there's only 6 throwable objects on the island and the pigs require 8...

and you'd kinda...need the sword anyway

You missed my edit...Also there are 8 throwable items and 10 items needed to annoy the pigs.
Quote:
Also has anyone managed to find a way to skip those bushes that block the way to the Forest of Fairies in Outset without getting the sword?If you get the pigs mad they can cut down the bushes  Hmmm...maybe if we could throw pots and rocks at them?

EDIT: Nevermind, this was mentioned before in this topic.
hi
oh yeah ok I just saw it quoted so i didn't see that ;d
16 second Phantom Ganon Battle

Please note that I have a shitty handle and it's pretty much impossible to pull off two quickspins in a row quickly.This battle should have been 14 seconds if I was a bit quicker.This basically shows the strategy.I also have a different strat planned.Instead of jumpslashing him in the first cycle maybe quickspin him instead...well I won't be able to work on stuff or make videos for a while due to a vacation.
MrGrunz is a guay
Quote:
16 second Phantom Ganon Battle

Please note that I have a shitty handle and it's pretty much impossible to pull off two quickspins in a row quickly.This battle should have been 14 seconds if I was a bit quicker.This basically shows the strategy.I also have a different strat planned.Instead of jumpslashing him in the first cycle maybe quickspin him instead...well I won't be able to work on stuff or make videos for a while due to a vacation.

Why does everyone here have a shitty analog stick accept me?
Edit history:
DJS: 2007-07-29 05:37:45 pm
torch slug since 2006
Mine normal controller OWNS but my JOYTECH controller suxx.
So, I have an good stick too.

I <3 you Purple Gamecube Control.
It's-a me, Stalin!
I bit off the rubber bit on the c-stick and analog stick, so mine's a bit crap too  :-/

I have a GAME controller too, but it killed my Wii for a few weeks, i didn't know that it was the controller at the time Tongue

It also killed my GameCube for a few years.
Quote:
Why does everyone here have a shitty analog stick accept me?

It's my controller in general.I have to pound the A and B button for it too work. Still,I'll improve my Phantom Ganon battle when I get back from vacation.
Speaking of degrading controllers, I might switch to using my Wavebird or other black controller because the rubber circles on the anolog stick on the controller I'm using is rubbing off.

It's actually a bit harder to keep your thumb still that way  Tongue
Same. Both the C stick and anologue rubbers are gone and the A and B button get jammed....But I have a micro controller that works. Still,it's hard to do the quickspins.I can't blame the controller on that. The game is just hard to do quickspins IMO.
Food goes in here
Ok, off-topic but all this controller discussion made me remember when I first got my gamecube back in 2001, and the stupid controller was fucked up, right out of the box, so I had to return it and get a new one. Some time later, after lots of SSBM playing, that controller broke too. The analog stick was basically unusable. I think new gen console controllers just suck Yet I've literally been using the same Yellow N64 controller for the past nine years, and it still works fine. Granted, there is some squeakiness to the stick, but all the buttons still work like a charm.
Speed is the key.
Rope Swinging

It's easy and a lot faster than TSA's strat. You might already know about it.
Heh nice, can you really jump off a rope that fast? I can't remember I was ever able to do it that fast, there was always the little swinging motion. But yes, that speeds up the room quite a bit Smiley
Doin Good
Quote:
Rope Swinging

It's easy and a lot faster than TSA's strat. You might already know about it.

Nice.

I found this same thing a few days (letting go of the ropes instantly instead of waiting until the highest point of the swing) ago but I was to pull it off as fast as you did.

I would bet this saves two seconds over TSA's method...
No the Quail is not riding the Q

I've always done that...it's the easiest too.
I'm currently replaying the Wind Waker to make another trick collection.

The ability to side jump then jump attack is really coming in handy. Let me know if there is anything to be researched.

Another thing is if you die on something like a slope you can float around using the jump attack.
Edit history:
AngerFist: 2007-08-02 12:53:32 am
Angered Me, You have!
Quote:
I would bet this saves two seconds over TSA's method...

If Im not mistaken, TSA swung 1-2 times each time before he would let go of the rope. Even if Im wrong, I know TSA took a lot more time to finish the whole rope area than Yautja. Which means, Yautjas (or whoever came up with this neat method the first time) timesaver should add up to between 15-20 seconds (if not more). And Yautja, damn I cannot wait to see you speedrun this game! Nice appetizer  Grin
Yeah that rope swinging is kind of old to me.I did that on my first paythrough Tongue

Quote:
I've always done that...it's the easiest too.
I'm currently replaying the Wind Waker to make another trick collection.

The ability to side jump then jump attack is really coming in handy. Let me know if there is anything to be researched.

Another thing is if you die on something like a slope you can float around using the jump attack.

I always tried skipping the Makar getting captured cutscene in the Wind Temple.I gave up on it because there seems to be no possible way to skip it.

Also try skipping the first Phantom Ganon battle in the FF....it's useless but I just want to see if it's possible. I was really close in my video but a damn invisible wall stopped me...I mentioned another theory in the previous page.

Once I get back from vacation I'm going to try to break this game as much as I can.Also in the FW I tried to break that giant plant early without the boomerang...
MrGrunz is a guay

I can't remembr a time when I didn't do that.

Well at least the TP LJA hype has died down a bit so people are coming here again.

I've been looking at my 5:03 SS to the end of the wind temple and I just don't think its the right time.I'm gona redo that soon to try to get the right time and depending how I do, I will probably do a SS.
Quote:
I will probably do a SS.

I just had deja vu.