Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213141516 -> <- 1 .. 8 .. 16 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Another run, 5h23m now. 53m A1, 3h10 after A2. A bit cleaner, but at least now the sub5 is clearly more easily to be seen, since it was still very scrubby. Who knows, maybe even sub4:30 one day.

Gotta figure something for couple long missions, I want to believe there'd be better strats for A5M1 than my suicide strats Tongue Also by just memorizing every hack mission in game... time would be saved, but damn that's boring.
Edit history:
Random_Machine: 2014-06-13 06:02:52 pm
Random_Machine: 2014-06-13 05:58:43 pm
Okay, I found a skip for the Defalt car chase in A4M4.  I just need to figure out how to skip the dialogue from T-bone so the mission ends faster.

Edit:You can skip some of the dialogue by flipping Defalt's car over. That allows you to quick travel to the next mission.
Edit history:
Pewable: 2014-06-14 03:54:11 pm
Pewable: 2014-06-14 03:49:15 pm
Hello guys, I am not reading the thread because I am still doing my first playthrough and don't want any spoils etc. Don't want to see glitches unless I think I am done with finding them on my own too.

I uploaded things on Youtube if you wanna see (nothing very interesting) : https://www.youtube.com/user/PewableShift

And here is something I found today:

(it's where there is the lighthouse, and to be "stuck" againt the wall, you have to aim while going against it or he won't stick to it)

Maybe if there is somewhere where we can do something like that, it can be useful? I tried a lot but wasn't able to clip that door.

I found a way to oob into buildings too, you have to go between a big object like a garbage and the wall while being in ragdoll mode, after crashing while on the moto for example. It's very hard and random though.

I am so stupid because I always though it wasn't possible to use grenade to "jump" , but it's because I play on the hardest difficulty (always!) , but now that I have the upgrade that lowers explosion damage, it's fine and I can do it. (I don't know if our own grenade kills us on normal mode.)

See you!
Wake up and be awesome
Well we might be able to get the lighthouse trick to work, but it appears later in the game. The oob into buildings might also work, but we'll have to look more into that. Same with the grenade jump
Also, I want your opinion on something: when I run, I don't hold up but I am doing up-right > up-left > up-right > etc. I have the feeling it keeps the dash momentum. I need to time it, to see if I don't imagine things. Even if it's faster, it's just a little.
I agree, i post the same trick the last page, i think its a dash trick too
Nice if you already knew it. Sometimes when I have to run to put someone on the floor, I am against them very fast.
I found a skip for A2M3 when the girl is escaping from the motel and you have to escape after she does, just jump onto the roof of the car and ride ontop of it as she drives away.
Wake up and be awesome
Car riding eh? What is this, Saints Row? But nice find, should make the escape a little easier
Edit history:
Ouga: 2014-06-15 09:29:48 pm
Errr, don't know if I have some different version or if that's trolling... tried like 10 times, the car kept dropping you out of it (char went thru car's roof, were you in middle, front or back). Once I did get it however (got stuck in middle of car)... it was worth it to see how Clara just drives in circles on grass and never gets anywhere. I don't know how this would have saved time no matter what, unless game somehow magically teleported you to start of A2M4 with Clara. Picking mob car next to Clara's car and driving yourself is rather fast and riskless.
Wake up and be awesome
Did another Act 1 run and got 53:46. Interesting thing here is that I died and overall it was a pretty shitty run. Sub 50 for console is definitely possible
In act I mission 2, when Nicki starts talking to the caller, you can walk into the kitchen then walk back into the room with jacks and the trigger to hack the phone
Wake up and be awesome
Aderf10: For the phone call in mission 2, what I do is walk back and forth between Nicky's bedroom and the hallway. This works 100% of the time to get the ability to hack. Though I doubt this saves any time over your method, so I guess use whatever method your used to
Ah neat, had wondered if it was rng or how the skip was done (a1m2 nicky). I'm also kinda clueless about other early part: what's the best way to catch the call with criminal (between a1m1 and a1m2)? I always go across the big road, and then hack people in that T-corner, but can't help to think it's not the optimal way.

Also nice defalt chase strat! I guess there's no chases left to be figured, too bad because they seem to include more often funny speedrun'ish skips.
I think the full runs are getting to the decent times now. 5h00 run had obviously it's issues, but I think with current strats sub5 is somewhat of a decent run. I'd say 4:30 is not possible with current strats even with perfect play. But for comparison's sake, I had 52:30 after a1, 2:52:41 after a2 and 5:00:57 in the end. 2:45 goal for a2 end and maybe 4:45 is something I'd see myself getting to with current stuff when polishing a lot of stuff out.
Using the blackout here saves you 15-30 seconds. But it loses you a few seconds because you can't hack the camera immediately.

I also watched the end of your hard mode run, Ouga.
Here's some tips:
You can escape the police during the daytime by going over a hacked bridge and disabling the helicopter. Or you can disable the helicopter then hack the bridge. These should work if there are no police cars on the other side of the bridge.
I love speedruns!
Not sure if this has been found yet but in A1M1 you can use the cover system inside the bar when talking on the phone to shave off 1-2 seconds of walking.

Edit history:
Ouga: 2014-06-19 02:54:28 am
Yeah bridge used to be my go-to way before blackout abuse, as was helicopter. Not sure how the daytime is decided, feels like it's always nighttime on easy runs for me on the more blackout oriented part of the run (A4->). It had kind of crossed my mind to use blackout on A4M7 top, but somehow thought couldn't afford it (used to having one for A5M1). Still haven't standardized all the system keys so end up having sometimes extra blackout or not. But that def makes sense, never realized enforcers become as blind as the rest of them.

So I did foolish hard%+cinematics% run at once, which ended up being 6h44 (compared to 5h00 easy). I'd say hard isn't better for speedruns, most of the missions are exactly the same, just couple force you to do shootouts due to opponents seeing you faster. Without cinematics, and less forced strats from easy, I'd suspect it only took like 10-20m extra on a full run - but it didn't feel like legit harder experience, just less speedy when couldn't skip some shootouts by sneaking properly (like A2M12).
Edit history:
Pewable: 2014-06-19 06:21:35 am
In case you don't know: when you are switching on the 3 switchs to activate the Bunker, you can reload right after switching on the first one, it's way faster than walking to the second one. Same thing when you switch on the last one, reload to be next to the entrance.
I think my way of doing 3 switches at bunker is the best: reload after first one, then go to the one further away, reload, and then go to closest (the middle one), and from there climbing over without loading is probably slightly faster (at least with my non-SSD installation).
Edit history:
Random_Machine: 2014-06-20 12:57:29 am
Random_Machine: 2014-06-20 12:55:26 am
Random_Machine: 2014-06-20 12:44:04 am
Random_Machine: 2014-06-20 12:43:26 am
Random_Machine: 2014-06-20 12:43:11 am
Random_Machine: 2014-06-20 12:41:24 am
Random_Machine: 2014-06-20 12:40:25 am
This is much faster than taking the boat all the way.

@Ouga: I watched parts of your run earlier. Here's some things that I caught:
A2M1: You don't need to kill the drivers of both cars if you load the autosave. Just shoot a bullet at one of their cars and it's good. They will get out of the car and you won't have to kill any of them.
A4M7: There is another bike in the grass that you should've used to drive into the hotel (don't use the one for escaping the police). The bike wasn't there because you used it.
A4M8: You had to go to the mission marker because you reloaded the autosave.

These are the blackouts/system keys that you missed:
A2M4- System key around where you hack the guy with the phone.
A3M1- You didn't hack the thing to get the system key. This is in T-Bone's junkyard.
A3M2: There is a system key somewhere at the militia place. You don't need to get this one.
A3M4: There is a system key at the same place where you unlock the gate.
A4M4: There is a blackout here that you missed. You picked up the explosive component instead of the blackout when going up the stairs.

There's probably some more system keys that you missed, but you don't need them.
Edit history:
Ouga: 2014-06-20 03:41:30 am
Yeah, I just don't have a list of syskeys I need, so on one run I may get completely different 3 keys than on another. I keep missing A3M1 one because that's my afk break Tongue I remember also seeing this "2nd blackout" on some run but had completely forgotten (other than the one at Quinn's office). But those listings should help thanks.

Which leads to question how come you keep being the factbook and not do a run yourself! I seem to lack a lot of knowledge yet being only one doing runs Sad

edit: while searching for A4M4 blackout, also got 2 syskeys by just hacking people in defalt's party. Maybe there's also guaranteed one(s) always.

And another thing I've been wondering about is stealth papavero. So with ubisoft points you can order for free, since start of the game, one of the best sportscars in the game to you like we're ordering bikes. It would be fine I guess, but stealth version apparently can't be seen by cops, thus making escape missions lame and too easy. Is this something that should be banned or not? Just getting bad vibes of being able to use best car for everything starting from minute one. I know blackouts already make escapes fine though, and suppose it'd minimize RNG if you could always order the same car for long rides such as A4M2 and A5M1.
Wake up and be awesome
I say ban the stealth papavero. Not all of us can afford it and it takes away from the challenge of certain police chases. At least that's just my thoughts.

Also Ouga, I still do runs Smiley
Not full runs! Tongue I don't know about ubisoft points tbh, I had 210p and thought they all came from playing watch_dogs, but prob some of them came from another game I had (rayman legends). Unlocking car only cost like 40-50p I think?  There's also unlockable golden pistol, which luckily doesn't matter since silenced pistol is pretty much superior. IMO clear ban if all somehow don't have points available to them. Probably console thing, PC users are getting enough points to unlock everything from just this game I think.
Wake up and be awesome
Yeah, just ban that car, it's make comps riming runs easier