<(^_^)>
Glittertown Gambling #1:

Glittertown Gambling #2:

Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-11-29 09:04:53 pm
<(^_^)>
Neon City Gambling #1:

Neon City Gambling #2 (aka eff this segment):

What's up with high rerecord count on Neon City #2? Garlic woes?
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-11-30 02:29:09 pm
kirbymastah: 2015-11-30 02:28:33 pm
kirbymastah: 2015-11-30 08:57:47 am
kirbymastah: 2015-11-30 08:54:42 am
<(^_^)>
Quote from SirNiko:
What's up with high rerecord count on Neon City #2? Garlic woes?

Slots & Garlic luck are not a very good mix... As you can tell, even after >800 attempts, I still didn't get the best garlic luck. For my sanity's sake, i decided to keep that segment.

For garlic, the following is all random:
-Whether garlic comes out of the enemy at all. For most bandineros, the chances seem to be pretty high (~80-90%) but the cannon enemies seem to be roughly 50%ish
-The time it takes for the garlic to come out. It can come out the frame you start shaking (very rare), or after 2-3 seconds of shaking. This heavily affects the slots cycle, so I always have to improvise.
-The angle the garlic comes out. This affects a lot of strategy, and is the reason I re-position myself sometimes to make sure I can catch it; otherwise the garlic will sometimes go out of reach
-The size of the garlic. Usually it's small but occasionally it's big and it affects its bounce trajectory

Combine all of this with slots & motion controls, and you can probably see why this segment was complete hell Tongue

Anyways, Derailed Express Trip #1:

For similar reasons, Derailed Express #2 is already at >100 attempts because it has yet another "eat 5 heads of garlic" mission, along with a very dumb basically-luck-based mission "bounce on 5 enemies in a row" with annoying wind physics... sighhhhhhhh
<(^_^)>
Derailed Express Trip #2 - AKA SCREW GARLIC

Chortlebot fight - there's a minor new optimization I found for this fight, this is probably a highlight of the run so far.

<(^_^)>
Area 4 begins with Ropey Jungle in 1 trip Cheesy

At the 1:00 mark of Ropey Jungle, would it have been faster to shake the large coin bag to the right instead of the left? That could save you from walking left to grab coins then walking right again.

You only had two small silver coins fall behind you, and you didn't need them to hit the coin total at the end.
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-12-02 09:22:42 am
kirbymastah: 2015-12-02 09:13:39 am
<(^_^)>
The right wall is slightly closer than the left after turning around, so a few more coins would fly over Wario. It would probably roughly break even or be barely faster, but I admittedly didn't really want to bother with resetting over bag luck again; a lot of coins can fly over you for the first small bag, and the coin requirement is tight enough that I didn't want to deal with that.

Windbreak Autoscroller #1:

Windbreak Autoscroller #2:

Main interesting part about these is the boss strat I came up with. Significantly faste rthan arkarian's IL, and it's not too difficult to pull off after a bit of practice (given the fact that the second trip took 2 attempts :P)
You could jump over the bag to grab it from the left.

But yes, the savings would probably be less than a second. It would be a thing to consider on a future run.
<(^_^)>
Airytale Castle 100% in one trip:

<(^_^)>
Bucket Motion Controls 100%:

<(^_^)>
Soggybog River has some pretty epic music

gamelogs.org
oh man, these are great. gonna have fun watching your progress so far. keep it up!
<(^_^)>
Accidentally stumbled upon a camera glitch that's probably useless:

gamelogs.org
lol
<(^_^)>
A skip for Prism Prison:

This saves a good chunk of time in a 100% trip that gets the treasure. However, in a trip that doesn't get the treasure, this barely breaks even. Still really freaking cool though.
gamelogs.org
that's pretty bad ass. legit sequence breaks seem to be pretty rare but they're always neat
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-12-07 07:57:09 am
<(^_^)>
River Bloat Rapids #1 (aka burn wario as much as we can):

Riverbloat Rapids #2:

Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-12-07 08:07:35 am
<(^_^)>
Prism Prison Trip #1:

Prism Prison Trip #2:

Bloomsday Blowout:

Mount Bighill 100% in one trip:

gamelogs.org
omg watching these makes me glad i never tried 100%, you are a lord
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2015-12-08 07:46:23 am
kirbymastah: 2015-12-08 07:45:54 am
<(^_^)>
Quote from arkarian:
omg watching these makes me glad i never tried 100%, you are a lord

Which level are you referring to? But yeah prism prison #1 was stupidly hard to do...  It has like 2 minor mistakes but thankfully those don't really matter since I was just waiting for things anyways. Mount Bighill's coin route for 100% is also stupidly tight; in a RTA run, I'd take an extra second either grabbing a small silver by that trampoline, or making sure I get any missed gold coins in the treasure room if I missed more than 5.

Creep Blue Sea 100% in ONE EFFING TRIP HECK YES:

Slipshod Slopes #1 - Kill ze enemies

Slipshod Slopes #2 - Pacifist version

1-Up!
kirbymastah - Good luck with this run! Happy to see this game still getting some love after all this time. I haven't decided yet if I want to watch the WIP vids or wait for the final product, but just wanted to indicate my support and tell you to keep it up!
<(^_^)>
Quote from Flip:
kirbymastah - Good luck with this run! Happy to see this game still getting some love after all this time. I haven't decided yet if I want to watch the WIP vids or wait for the final product, but just wanted to indicate my support and tell you to keep it up!

Thanks! After I finish the run, I actually want to do some post-commentary on them and submit that on SDA and youtube, similarly to how you did it with your old any% segmented run Tongue I might have to poke around for help setting that up though
<(^_^)>
Bamboozle Village 100% in 1 trip

Watched a bunch of random segments, this has got to be one of the most entertaining speedruns to watch. Do you think there's any possibility of single segment runs? I imagine it would be very difficult, but I'd watch that all day.