List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Wario Land 4 (Any %) (Single Segment) (S-Hard) [Resets]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Impressive gameplay, audio/video qualities are great. Like the card at the beginning of the verification copy, there is no cheating whatsoever. Great job Mike89! One thing of note: if a run is done by Mike89, then you know it's good.

Accept!

Quote:
The runner has the game completely under his control and obviously knows every needed trick for this game, though he doesn't always pull them off perfectly, but the gameplay is too perfect to let that be a serious contra-argument. Audio quality is very good, video not that good but I assume it's impossible to get higher resolutions out of a GBA game. The 40 second error would've gotten a "reset" from me if I were in chat when he streamed it, but it is in the run now and the rest is by far good enough to keep the end result.
Accept.

Quote:
Watched the run twice and it was very entertaining. Audio and Visual quality are fine. There is no cheating involved. The run, according to my timing starts at 0:0:18 and ends at 1:07:20 when he delivers the final blow to Golden Diva. The run is done exceptionally well, the bosses were handled with great expertise, and the routing looks completely optimized. There was really only 1 noticeable error aside from some small hiccups(which the runner explains in the notes) and that was the hotel horror one, but he fixed it, and the rest of the run is incredible!

Easy Accept.

Quote:
You gonna provide us with a run that fixes the Hotel Horror mistake, Mike? Wink
Audio and Video are great (given the fact it's a GBA game, of course). And no cheating.

I've been in many of the streams that started out on Normal I think, and went on over Hard to S-Hard, and it was amazing seeing this run assemble itself over time.
This is such a fun game to watch, too, and even with the mistake in Hotel Horror and a few other minor mistakes, this run is amazing; I never was able to complete this game on S-Hard, while you are making it look like it's a breeze.

Accept from me!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Mike 'mike89' McKenzie!
Thread title:  
SEGA Junkie
All right, thanks everyone!

I don't know if I will get back to this one, to be honest. I really want to, and that mistake bugs me a hell of a lot more than it does all of you, but the bottom line is my time to do speedruns is far more limited than it used to be. I've got a long stretch of time off university in June/July but I think my larger focus in that time is going to be getting my Sonic 3 records back from HDL.
<(^_^)>
Nobody commented on this cuz we're all too amazed by mike's skillz at WL4.

I saw this run live (at least, if it's the one I think it is). Folks, you do NOT want to miss this run Wink

Gratz mike, and looking forward to when this gets put up on SDA! Smiley
Not a walrus
You'd better upload that shake corrected vid, mike.