Sad
<- 1  -   of 30
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Peon:
Btw which strategy you use in Orc6? So far your current best time 10:50,68 is pretty sad.
Quote from yultan:
My current strategy is Stupid's one.
Did you try to apply wyvern-less strat for SS?
Probably if to build 1-2 extra watchtowers instead of barack during earlier invasion it should become slightly more safer...
Edit history:
yultan: 2014-07-22 11:05:29 am
yultan: 2014-07-22 10:34:36 am
yultan: 2014-07-22 10:33:47 am
yultan: 2014-07-22 10:33:28 am
yultan: 2014-07-16 04:00:06 am
yultan: 2014-07-12 10:20:37 am
yultan: 2014-07-08 04:07:55 pm
yultan: 2014-07-07 03:45:35 pm
yultan: 2014-07-07 03:45:16 pm
yultan: 2014-07-07 03:43:13 pm
Quote from Archanfel:
Did you try to apply wyvern-less strat for SS?
Probably if to build 1-2 extra watchtowers instead of barack during earlier invasion it should become slightly more safer...

Actually I've tried it quite a long time ago and I did not manage to do it with reliability. So I would give it another shot when others Orcs chapters will go smoothly. Smiley
edit : in Orc6, any strategy which includes outpost can't be 100% reliable or must be severely delayed because it happens that first wave of dark blue army can decide to attack the outpost and not the initial base. This is a deal-breaker to complete this mission especially with Archanfel stratgey because of Mountain King who often decides to aggro the outpost Sad

Also I will try to stream regularely some Orc Campaign in the following weeks.
Edit history:
yultan: 2014-07-22 11:03:53 am
yultan: 2014-07-22 11:02:43 am
yultan: 2014-07-22 11:01:17 am
yultan: 2014-07-22 11:00:53 am
First "successful" attempt of an Orc Campaign SS !

Singe Segment timing : 55:55 / RTA timing : 57:35

This run is full of mistakes but I believe it will set some standards (Thrall actually even died in chapter 6, but I decided to yolo it with Cairne just for glory and I discovered completely randomly that completing wyverns quest brings back heroes from stupid deaths =] ). With improvements in some strategies and more practicing, I hope a sub 50 SS-timing will be reachable.

Also :
- chapter 2 could be faster, but this is just a matter of practicing.
- it happens that the 100% sure trick in chapter 7 ... is not 100% sure. Statistically it should have no chance of happening, however I'm sure one can figures out a truly 100% sure trick.
- surprise ! Chapter 6 si really a pain. As I said previously, current strategies are not reliable at all and it's not only because of a lack of skill. Peon pointed  out that this chapter is the one where the biggest amount of time could be saved and I can't disagree. So I need help here guys. Smiley
Can't watch it in germany because of music banned by GEMA Sad
Pretty nice overall.

Concerning chapter 6: I honestly just think you need to practice that chapter more. Get your timings down and try to push your attack to as early as possible. Getting the wyverns like you did, seems like a good idea. Experiment with the final fight. Discover whats the best position to fight in and if you can lure out only part of his army.

Keeping all catapults alive in the final fight is crucial. Try using attack ground when attacking buildings, it seems to upset the AI slightly less.

And turn off that damn formation move, that shit actually slows you down.

Chapter 7: Is it possible for Thrall to spawn wolves on the other side of the door, once he is done fighting? If so that might be reason to pick wolves instead of lvl 3 chainlighting. I dunno... I havn't thought about skill choices in general for the orc campaign. But instinctively I would go for wolves as the first lvl 3 spell. But maybe since you have so much mana, that would be a bad choice... and also there are so many flying units....
Edit history:
yultan: 2014-08-01 04:05:10 pm
yultan: 2014-08-01 04:02:45 pm
yultan: 2014-08-01 04:01:46 pm
yultan: 2014-07-30 10:17:51 am
Quote from MrKrautsaftnudel:
Can't watch it in germany because of music banned by GEMA Sad

Sorry about that. I made the mistake of training while listening to music. All I can offer to you at the moment is some RNG-trolling.

Quote from Liderharen:
*some relevant things about chapter 6*

Okay Master, this is gonna be the next step !

Quote from Liderharen:
And turn off that damn formation move, that shit actually slows you down.

I was wondering what make all units waiting for kodos. Now I feel stupid not to have think about it.

Quote from Liderharen:
Chapter 7: Is it possible for Thrall to spawn wolves on the other side of the door, once he is done fighting?

Yes ! It is possible and pretty easy. But they are instant-killed because developpers did actually think that  people would want to shortcut that way. Smiley
Archanfel found a way to spawn a dead unit instead of wolves, but it actually costs me more time than it should save.
About skill choices, chainlighting seemed more relevant to me because of cleaning both groups of harpies.

New record ! ( and no music this time Smiley )

Singe Segment timing : 52:53 / RTA timing : 54:42

The strategies are pretty much the same but the overall was just way smoother.
Apart from more luck with mirror tricks and more training on chapter 6, I don't see how to save huge amounts of time with the current path.
Great run man ! Enjoyable to watch aswell Smiley
Nice run yultan! Now all Orc chapters have good strats for SS. Slightly practice 6 and this campaign is already ready to real recording attempt.
Human and even Elfs camps are good times too, just practice and nothing else. In Humans chapter 5 is main limitation, so to get better result focused practice on it.
But what about Undead campaign!? It so hard that Even Liderharen stuck there for years. It will be a great challenge to do good SS run. Many strats require significant changes.
Glad you enjoyed it. Smiley
Real recording attempt might seem not that far, but even with more practicing I will be waiting for someone to find better strategies. I'm pretty sure there are still several things I have not thought about. The best would be someone else running it as well because I stronghly believe that friendly competition is the ideal way to reach crazy times.

You are right Kel'Thuzad, next campaign will be the elven one. For human and undead campaign, apart from a few chapters, I guess my current strategies are quite good and it will be "just" a matter of skill and training ( current best SS times ).

Speaking about real recording I need your help guys ! My screen resolution is 1366x768 - so not 4/3. I'm using it because I do not enjoy playing with black bars on sides but I guess for the SDA quality standard I will have to record it in 4/3. I tried turning back to 1024x768 for testing but the only effect was stretching the screen. I searched on the internet but I could not find any solution even playing with Regedit or with the NVidia Control Panel. Any ideas ? Undecided
You can record in whatever resolution you want, as long as the game runs properly and the frame rate is acceptable. I'm not sure if Yua handles videos that aren't 4:3 or 16:9, but Anri-chan does. You should be able to force your graphics card to stretch the image to fill your display if you want (or force it to maintain aspect ratio, which I prefer) from NVIDIA Control Panel -> Adjust desktop size and position. If it doesn't seem to be working, set it to perform scaling on GPU and override the scaling mode. The stretching shouldn't be visible in the recorded video, unless you play it stretched.
NMS is right, you can record any resolution, so you can keep 1366x768. Actually screen without  black bars on sides is even better imho  Smiley
Btw nice Orc run.
Edit history:
yultan: 2014-08-05 02:13:24 pm
yultan: 2014-08-05 02:05:14 pm
Quote from Archanfel:
NMS is right, you can record any resolution, so you can keep 1366x768. Actually screen without  black bars on sides is even better imho  Smiley

Mmmmh. As a player I want to have the screen as large as possible but as a viewer it seems ugly to watch. Videos are what will remain in the end and Warcraft 3 doesn't deserve this stretching. Also I guess black bars will not be recorded / will be easliy removed from the final video.

Anyway I found a solution. My NVidia version doesn't allow the "Adjust desktop size and position" stuff. So actually I just have to set the screen size to 4/3 in intel graphics so I have the black bars in windows itself. It makes me doing this each time running war3, but hopefully the manipulation is easy.
Another option would be recording while stretched in 16/9 and then go back to 4/3 while compressing the video. I guess there would be no loss of quality. Since the streching from 4/3 to 16/9 is only extrapolation by graphic card, the reduction from 16/9 to 4/3 should only delete redundent data. However I'm not sure about it so some validation by someone more qualified would be appreciated. Smiley
Edit history:
Zergreenone: 2016-05-13 10:38:13 pm
Zergreenone: 2015-11-15 10:45:50 pm
Zergreenone: 2015-11-15 01:07:17 pm
Zergreenone: 2015-11-14 11:05:46 pm

Good news, the farm bug works with races other than the human race. Unfortunately, it may be difficult to find a reliable and consistent setup for it.

For those who haven't seen the farm bug before:

It works in versions prior to the 1.03 patch (the first major patch). Unfortunately, this means that it will not work in the frozen throne, as the frozen throne only works in patches above the patch that is sometimes called 1.07 and sometimes called 1.10, because of a silly version name change blizzard made to prepare for the release of the frozen throne.

First, lets look at how the farm bug works. Note that this is speculation without knowledge of the actual game code.

What warcraft does when you tell a peon to construct a building is first take away the required resources to construct the building.

It then performs a distance check from the peon to the location of the to-be-constructed building. If it is close enough, the game commences construction of the building

It then computes a pathing check from the worker to the location of the to-be-constructed building. If this pathing check succeeds, then it tells the peon to travel along the path that the pathing check returned to produce the building. If this pathing check fails, it gives you the money you spent back

The farm bug occurs when the distance check succeeds and yet the pathing check fails, in the same frame. When this happens, the game places the building and then gives you the money you spent to place it back, effectively giving you the building for free. You can then cancel the building to make resources come out of nowhere

The most consistent setup for this is, as human, to build a box of four farms, restrict the pathing of the worker, and move the worker as close as possible to the very top-right corner of the box (or use building displacement to teleport the worker there, as in the video). Due to the conveniently sized collision box of the farm, the worker is close enough to build a farm or tower (which each cost the exact same amount of money), while having its pathing restricted so that it cannot path to the location. However, other setups work and it works for other races as well.

This is an example of the farm bug using an undead acolyte trapped by fellow acolytes:

In order to fix that processing bug that was happening to my video I had to upload the raw file and cut it using youtube's video editor.

I also totally forgot to make it a public video, but it should work now.
Edit history:
Stupid: 2015-12-22 05:01:04 am
Stupid: 2015-12-22 05:00:01 am
defying gravity
That's an awesome find, did you experiment with Orc / Elf? Even if it worked though, it would probably be too much of a pain to do manually with those races, as you would probably have to repeat your setup everytime.

Too bad noone is running this game anymore, but maybe we'll get a TAS in the coming decades when our AI overlords come online.
Edit history:
Zergreenone: 2016-06-04 03:34:42 am
Zergreenone: 2016-06-04 03:32:02 am
Zergreenone: 2016-06-04 01:29:01 am
Zergreenone: 2016-05-13 10:33:18 pm
Zergreenone: 2016-05-13 10:33:06 pm
Zergreenone: 2016-05-13 10:32:18 pm
Zergreenone: 2016-05-13 10:31:57 pm
Zergreenone: 2016-05-01 01:20:41 am
Zergreenone: 2016-04-30 09:33:59 pm
Zergreenone: 2016-04-30 06:56:28 pm
Zergreenone: 2016-04-30 06:56:12 pm
Zergreenone: 2016-04-30 06:17:51 pm
Zergreenone: 2016-04-30 06:12:13 pm
Zergreenone: 2016-04-30 06:11:44 pm
Zergreenone: 2016-04-30 06:11:25 pm
Zergreenone: 2016-04-30 05:28:03 pm
Zergreenone: 2016-04-30 05:23:41 pm
Zergreenone: 2016-04-30 05:23:01 pm
Zergreenone: 2016-04-30 05:13:26 pm
Zergreenone: 2016-04-25 02:27:18 am
Zergreenone: 2016-04-25 02:20:18 am
Zergreenone: 2016-04-25 02:20:13 am
Zergreenone: 2016-04-25 02:19:55 am
Zergreenone: 2016-04-25 02:19:39 am
Zergreenone: 2016-04-25 02:19:06 am
I cannot actually remember if I tried with Orc and Elf, but I am 99% sure that it would work. But yeah, the problem is finding a setup that is not a one-time use, or is otherwise easy to set-up.

___

In the Bonus Campaign, if a hero dies during a cinematic or during travel, they will instantly revive at full health at the spawn/cinematic start location.

If a missile is in the air (such as rokhan's glaive) and is about to kill a hero as a cinematic starts, the hero will die during the cinematic and will respawn at the ordinary spawnpoint. This is useful when the spawn point changes automatically after a required cutscene and your heroes get teleported around, so that you can teleport to a specific spawn point. For example, when saving Bairne. Also looks cool because a hero dies during a cinematic.

By being paused and quickly unpausing and repausing (F9-F10-F9-F10), it is possible to allow game execution to flow for a fraction of a second without allowing animations to run. Whether this has practical value, who knows? Maybe there is something controlled by the graphical side of things. It is reliably doable by a human, but is there any point to it? I don't know.

May be useful for counting frames.

Also, if you alt-tab while doing this, the menu will still be up and the game flow will have resumed. I wonder, are there any remnants of the game thinking it is paused?

___

Lots of displacement exploits exist.

In old versions, money glitch exists, non-targeted item cooldown glitch exists. If you die at the start/end of a channeling or transform spell in old versions, you may have weird stuff happen (for example, an invincible mountain king, or permanent starfall. Research says permanent starfall glitch occurs as a result of mana flare killing, I haven't tested whether simply ordinary killing at the right moment is enough.)

___

https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/4eizph/town_portal_bug_how_do_you_do_this/

Quote from ishyyy:
I got it! Took me a while, but I got it.
If the TP target location is too far from the tree being portaled to by the time the TP should occur, then it is cancelled. This requires 1. natures blessing, 2. that the tree being TPed to is walking in a straight line, and 3. that the TP target location be manually selected to be as far as possible from the tree in the opposite direction in which it is walking. During the TP charge time, the tree becomes even farther from the TP target location, and an error message appears: "a unit could not be teleported". It appears this can be done over and over without penalty (and no cooldown on TP)...obviously something that should be fixed.
Edit: PiratePree is right. It doesn't require natures blessing, but it does make it easier. You also don't need it to be walking or even uprooted prior to selecting the TP location, but that also makes it easier. You do need to manually select the TP target location to be as far as possible from the tree, and move it in the opposite direction.

Allows for invulnerability which gets cancelled without consuming the scroll of town-portal or it's cooldown. Only works as night-elf. Currently works in latest patch. Could be useful in Sagaras mission? I don't know, haven't tried yet. Works as any race if the town hall equivalent gets destroyed.

Quote from chusrubi2:
Theres a bug with the demonhunter metamorphosis ability.

If you target and send some abilites to the demonhunter in the very moment he's going to metamorph, a lot of bugs may happen.

Examples I've seen A LOT of times:

- He can run while being slept (DeadLord skill).
- He can move like flying while being under cyclon (talons).
- The time of the metamorph goes crazy; more time until he goes back to original shape, he goes to original form but then he randomly goes meta again... etc.

And a lot more.

I can try to find replays if requested.

Quote from DracoL1ch:
famous "morph uninterruptable" bug

Unlikely to be useful.

Apparantly wc3 also stands for wing commander 3 lol

Tutorial on rally points:

Quote from Astronominof:
With the latest patch, the High Elf repair bug is back. An elf peasant will try to build a new High Elven Barracks, but he is only able to start the foundation and doesn't continue building. However, he is able to build a new Town Hall.

Quote from Satan915:
Um, the latest patch has been out for over 4 years now. But I think this bug has been present way longer than that. Since patch 1.07 I think. Just use it to your advantage by taking out all their barracks first. Besides, who needs units from the elven barracks when you can make multiple copies of all their heroes?

Haven't tested this

Also, in the last human mission ROC, there is a trigger that periodically gives Mal'ganis ankhs of reincarnation, to make him 'invincible'. If you kill him repeatedly rapidly enough, he will die anyway, and an ankh will repeatedly and periodically spawn on the ground where he died. Works in the current patch (1.27a). Pretty useless but cool anyway.

Also, if you press F6, you can quicksave. I believe this can be used in old game versions to save after a mission has ended (although I haven't tried that yet), judging by the patch notes. I was trying to really quickly press the hotkey sequence to do it, but it would be much easier just by pressing F6. You can also do this to ever so slowly ignore a cutscene, because you can always save just before the cutscene starts and the next time the cutscene will start a little bit later. If you press Alt-f4, you can pause during a cutscene, which stops the camera from moving and stops fadein/fadeout (It asks whether you want to quit). None of this is useful though :(.

More useful stuff, in human X02, buy 2 scrolls of tp and go to one of the outer bases, get the gold and tiny castle, use sorc invis, invis up to the undead base, and place a town hall in the left of the undead base, where the undead don't aggro too. Then let Kael die, he will respawn by the Naga, and you can all teleport in.