List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/vvvvvv.html

VVVVVV (Any %) (Single Segment) [Deaths]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Audio/video are both good. No evidence of cheating.

13:03 in-game time. 11 deaths (all of which were intentional for speedrunning purposes).

I actually watched this after the run was done on Twitch, and it's very nice to still see the little improvements that can be done on this category. I give this an accept.

Quote:
A/V good, no cheating. This was very well done, it looks super optimized, and the clips through the inversion planes at the end were just about immediate and consistent. In-Game time was 13:03. Accept!

Quote:
A/V OK, no cheating evident.

Great run. Only a few split seconds of hangups or hesitation throughout, otherwise practically flawless, no unintentional deaths, all line clips done first try, checkpoint boosting in The Tower was perfect. There's really barely a second of two of possible improvement using this route.

Clear accept.

Quote:
A/V is fine, no cheating detected.

Holy wow, this run is insane. Every room has optimal strat (barring some insane TAS possibilities) and all are executed as closely to flawlessly as you are ever likely to see, this run is simply a joy to watch in every way. Particular shoutouts to "Not as I do", going over the top of that room looks easy here, it is not. It's *really* is not.

I accept this so hard that whomsoever pulls me out shall be crowned rightful king of england.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Jared 'FieryBlizzard' Klein!
Thread title:  
Is PJ
8====D
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Would it be wrong to say that VVVVVV is becoming the new "Metroid Prime" on SDA?  It seems that every other month, we continue to see VVVVVV appear on the verification threads and is constantly getting updated with better and better times.

Let the good times Roll!  Congrats Mr. FireyBlizzard!
Nah, it doesn't have 15 categories yet.
Thanks to the verifiers for verifying this run (obviously). Mas, unless another really stupid game-breaking glitch is found, I don't think any% will be improved (even implementing most of the TAS strategies I left out -- which weren't very many -- at this point wouldn't save too much time). That being said, I did promise to improve another category (100%) if anybody else gets sub-18 single segment, since there's actual room for improvement.

Possible 15 categories:
Any%
Any% No R
Any% No Death Mode
100%
100% No R
100% No Death Mode
Any% Low Flip
100% Low Flip
Any% v1.2
Any% No-Death Mode v1.2
100% v1.2
100% No-Death Mode v1.2
Low% (skip the trinket in SS2)
Elephant%
All Trinkets, All Teleporters

Note: If anybody actually thinks that more than 6 of those categories are "serious" (i.e. Any%, Any% No R -- i.e. v1.2 or v2.0, Any% No-Death Mode, and their 100% equivalents)...well...let's just leave it at that. And for the record, "No R" isn't a real category either, considering No-Death mode is faster and takes care of that condition.
Make it so.
I heartily endorse Elephant%
1-Up!
Quote from FieryBlizzard:
Any% Low Flip
100% Low Flip

Just FYI I can not / will not accept a run with "Low Flip."
You're high, Flip.
HELLO!
No need to get flippant.
1-Up!
I'm not flipping flippant. You're flippant. You shouldn't be flip-flopping the issue of whether I'm flippant.

lolol
0-10
Guys, let's not flip out over something so silly.
Clearly, we should also have "fastest run to Outer Space". (You can get there without completing the game via glitching out of the Gravitron. Doing so can crash the game.)
Gettingflip to Outer Space that way doesn't bring up the Game Complete screen as far as I'm aware (also would require the category to be SS with Resets). Though that also reminds me that you could speed up the game quite a bit with invincibility turned on as well.