Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/vvvvvv.html

VVVVVV (Any %) (Single Segment) [VVVVVV: No Death Mode]
VVVVVV (100 %) (Single Segment) [Deaths]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V on both runs is good (although volume seems lower than previous VVVVVV runs, it's still acceptable in my eyes). No cheating detected.

Both runs were very well done, even in light of the mistakes pointed out by the runner. The routes were well optimized, and I was impressed by the lack of unintentional deaths in the 100% run. No Death Mode clocks in at 13:56 in-game time and 100% clocks in at 17:27 in-game time. I'm giving both of them accepts!

Quote:
I don't know what to say? It's good. Audio/video is good.

It's a good accept.

Quote:
A/V both fine, no cheating.

It will take a hell of a long time for anyone to match either of these. 100% has more noticable mistakes, but when I say "more noticable" I mean a second or two as compared to frames. No unintentional deaths in 100% is a huge milestone, too.

Easy accept on both.

Quote:
A/V is fine, no cheating detected.

Wow. Just wow. Get these on the site ASAP.

Quote:
Verification is definitely just a formality for these runs. No death mode done fast at all is impressive, let alone this fast. The 100% run might have some seconds that can come off, but considering there are no deaths done on purpose in the run, that's going to be stupid to try and match.

acceptacceptacceptacceptacceptacceptacceptacceptacceptacceptacceptacceptacceptacceptacceptaccept

Quote:
Rad. Fantastic. Fupping amazing.

Only tangible improvements I could spot were missing the first line clip a few times on the 100% run, and doing "...not as I do" the safe way, and maybe hesitating a little in "Gordian Knot" and "On the VVaterfront"  in the No Death Mode run. Quite frankly though, if it wasn't for these small hangups we would suspect TAS submissions. These are that good, and it will take a God-monster of a human being to beat them. Even completing No Death Mode is a tremendous feat. Speedrunning it is grounds for worship. Accepted SO hard!

Now the question is, when will we see a 100% No Death Mode run?

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Jared 'FieryBlizzard' Klein!
Thread title:  
Thanks to all the verifiers for the quick verification!

There are quite a few improvements to be done in both of these runs. 100% could probably get down to a low 17:2x (I was estimating about 17:21/22, though it probably can go lower), and I honestly think that no-death can go below 13:45, though I don't know how much further it can go. The thing is, I don't have any desire to actively try and improve either of these runs. However, I have stated that if anybody else achieves a sub-18 time in 100% single segment, I'll go back and improve that. (Good luck to whomever tries to do that.)

Quote:
Now the question is, when will we see a 100% No Death Mode run?

You won't see it from me, that's for sure. Though I could probably do it eventually if I didn't try to do it with the strategies used in the death abuse run. The thing is that a no-death mode run would be boring to do and to watch in my opinion as you'd have to walk back from every trinket (which includes 'Unobtainium', which is just stupid).
Is a 100% No Death Mode even possible, given "Prize for the Reckless" needs a suicide to get to? Or is that one just not included in No Death Mode?
In No Death Mode, trinkets that require death are modified to no longer require death.
Obscure games ftw
Specifically Prize for the Reckless is renamed "I Can't Believe You Got This Far!".