--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
RedArremer: 2014-02-05 06:58:05 am
Main thread here.

Stealing ESA's format cause it's basically everything I would say!

General information
Not complying with the rules will cause your submission to be ignored.
This thread is about your own suggestions / submissions. Not discussions!

Our philosophy
When deciding whether a suggested game will fit into the final schedule, we will consider all of the following: Length, entertainment value, other games we can potentially put before or after a said game and commentary qualities.

To the best of our abilities, we will try to give everyone a game on the schedule. But there are no guarantees!

Rules of submissions
There are no limits of how many, how long, how many categories or console restrictions when submitting games. However you are required to rank which game you would prefer to play. Genres that are not allowed are visual novels, hentai, ultra violent games and long adventure games.
Pitching games that you have not yet learned or mastered is OK. But you need to show steady (weekly) progress after the point that your suggestion passes the first cut.

What we expect for all submissions
We expect that you as a runner will provide additional information about region, console and settings when the schedule is being finalized. Failing to do so within 30 days after the first cut, will cause your submission to be dropped.

Finally, we require all submissions to answer this question: Assuming there are no prior submissions of said game and run. Is or will your level of routing and execution be enough to pass through a fictional SDA verification process by the time of the final schedule?

This is the format we want you to follow for your suggestions:
Quote:

Twitch account: www.twitch.tv/moobot

1. Game-name - Category
Estimate:
Personal best: Real time
Console:
Text about why it's a super neat speedrun! Pros and cons. It's a good idea to include links to your current PB.

2. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Tails%
Estimate: 00:35:00
Personal best: 23:30
Console: Wii Virtual Console
Blue streak, speeds by. Sonic the Hedgehog! Too fast, for the naked eye. Sonic the Hedgehog!
Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4sTMpTUMhY (Do not embed videos!)

To not embed Youtube videos, remove the http:// part
Thread title:  
Edit history:
HiipFire: 2014-02-06 07:11:24 am
HiipFire: 2014-02-05 08:12:49 am
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/hiipfire

1. Halo 3 - Easy any%
Estimate: 01:40:00
Personal best: 1:20:xx
Console: Xbox 360

This game is very popular as most of you already know, but it's actually a really good run to watch, because it has alot of interesting movement and tricks. I feel that since Halo 2 made it into AGDQ, Halo 3 also deserves an opportunity to be shown off at a marathon. I've got a solid foundation for the run on the whole, know the tricks etc, and just need to refine my runs.

2. Halo 2 - Easy any%
Estimate: 01:50:00
Personal best: 1:33:46
Console: Xbox 360(it's an original XBOX game, but I'll be playing it on a 360)

Just like Halo 3 this game was very popular back when the online servers were still up. The run has alot of interesting glitches and skips. It has some "auto-scrollers" though , but the AGDQ on Legendary difficulty by MisterMonopoli was very well received regardless. Just like with Halo 3, I know the game very well, I just need to get a more solid run.
Edit history:
eLmaGus-: 2014-10-25 08:04:08 am
I must simply laugh.
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/elmagus

1. Final Fantasy IV - RTA any%
Estimate: 03:30:00
Personal Best: 3:21:03
Console: Super Nintendo(NTSC)

Classic Super Nintendo RPG that is loved by the fans and has some good and challenging incentives for the run. Has proven to be a solid marathon game in multiple GDQ's and elsewhere. Im currently 4 minutes behind the WR for this category.

2. Estpolis Denki (aka Lufia & the Fortress of Doom) - Retry any%
Estimate: 3:00:00
Personal Best: 2:46:49
Console: Super Famicom

The origin of the Lufia series has never been seen at a marthon before. Sadly I would have to play the Japanese version since it allows me to do game breaking glitches and make the run watchable, I think i could cover this with commentary though. Admittedly I do not expect to get this run in, to be honest it's not really strong with incentives (other than naming the Character and probably collect all Dragon Eggs), it's still a fun game and since i am the WR holder i though i would suggest it anyways.

3. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - any%(100%)
Estimate:2:20:00(3:00:00)
Personal Best: 1:57:07(2:45:xx)

Fun basic RPG, neat watch. Fast paced action throughout the run, possible incentive is making this a 100% run which adds some Battlefields. I could race VultuZ in this game granted he submits it, if a race is not encouraged I would let him run
the game.

4.Lufia II - Rise of the Sinistrals - any%
Estimate:4:20:00
Personal Best: 3:45:xx

Another RPG that is rather popular in the western hemisphere. Hasn't have much exposure to marathons, has some decent incentives (kill Egg Dragon/Hardest Puzzle). Hoping that HappySquid89 submits this since he is way better in the game than I am.

5.Chrono Trigger - RTA any%
Estimate:3:40:00(high)
Personal Best:3:10:56(I did one run before new years and am learning right now)

Well I thought would suggest this in case nobody does, always deserves a spot in marathons imo :). not my strongest game but I am willing to invest a lot of time in it in the near future.

Note: I would be very happy if I would get ONE of the games I submitted, I would do all of them aswell but that would be overkill lol thumbsup
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/sapeviech

1. Yoshi's Island any% warpless - Easy any%
Estimate: 2:00:00
Personal best: 1:49:53
Console: SNES

Who doesn't love Yoshi's Island speedruns. Fast paced, a lot of swag etc etc. Smiley
I can do any% warpless, warps or even PAL version (it's not as bad as you think)
Edit history:
RedArremer: 2014-02-08 09:12:16 am
RedArremer: 2014-02-08 09:11:57 am
Cool suggestions so far! Keep em coming!

@eLmaGus-:
I'll have to admit that it's the least likely run to get chosen, but what does Retry any% on Lufia 1 mean? Smiley Mostly out of curiosity.
I must simply laugh.
Retry is basically you get 4x Expierience from battles. i would also just do that so the run would become watchable, because in a normal run you would need to grind levels for close to an hour which gets totally negated in retry(its about 10-15 minutes there).
Edit history:
Sakegeist: 2014-02-10 08:37:22 am
Sakegeist: 2014-02-10 08:07:16 am
Sakegeist: 2014-02-10 08:06:18 am
Sakegeist: 2014-02-10 08:05:52 am
Sakegeist: 2014-02-10 07:34:16 am
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sakegeist

1. Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow - any%
Estimate: 50:00
Personal best: 38:37

In this beautiful game you control Donal Duck/Maui Mallard and have the ability to transform into a flippin' ninja. 'Nough said.

No but really, it is a fun platformer with nice visuals and an amazing soundtrack. Although it is not the most technical run it is a really fun time and good to look at.
Estimate is really safe and should be able to go quite a bit lower.

2. Terranigma - any%
Estimate: 4:10:00
Personal best: 3:48:20

A fast paced action RPG with amazing visuals and an impressive soundtrack that is very popular with european viewers.
The first hour of the run can be a little slow due to grinding but that should give enough time to talk about the story and background of the game.
Unfortunately I would have to play the japanese version since it is the only NTSC release of the game, but I'm very confident that strong commentary can more than make up for that.

3. Bibi und Tina: Fohlen Felix in Gefahr! - any%
Estimate: 20:00
Personal best: 14:54
Console: GBC

Oh god why?
BuTFFiG hype!

A fun little adventure game for the GBC, and for 6 year old german girls. Sounds like the perfect speedgame!

I would also be willing to help out in any way needed, be it reading donations, reviewing games for possible cuts or whatever you can think of.
Edit history:
HappySquid: 2014-02-10 02:20:43 pm
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/happysquid89

1. Lufia II - Rise of the Sinistrals - any%
Estimate: 4:25:00 (4:35:00)
Personal Best: 3:53:41
Console: Super Nintendo (NTSC)

Great RPG, which is surprisingly fast paced due to the fact that you have to dodge enemies in dungeons. Like magus said not much marathon exposure until now.
Incentives options are protagonist's name, solve hardest puzzle and fighting the Egg Dragon. Safe estimate due to some fights being RNG-dependant,
but the overall time shouldn't be affected that much with solid execution.
(I would be doing a no-lvl-0-glitch-run, since using that glitch makes the game way easier and therefore kind of boring, additionally it can damage your game's memory.)

If I stumble over other appropriate games I want to learn in the future I'll add them. Even if I don't get to run a game, I'm always up for helping with the marathon wherever I can.
Edit history:
Jenja: 2014-02-10 03:36:45 pm
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jenja23

1. Soul Blazer - any%
Estimate: 02:00:00
Personal Best: 1:43:42

Fast paced Real Time Action RPG, which has not had too many appearances in marathons in the past, but I still think it would make a good Marathon game, since it does not have any long downtimes in terms of gameplay. Also this game only has a very little amount of RNG in it, which means that there probably won't be any gamebreaking unlucky events (unless I screw up). Since I have the WR in the English Version, this game obviously would be my first priority.

2. Final Fantasy V - any%
Estimate: 5:00:00
Personal Best: -

I think Final Fantasy V does not need any further explanation. I personally am currently learning this game and since the Marathon is still far away, I am pretty sure that I can get a good time until then. Nevertheless if anybody else, who is more experienced with this game wants to run this, I will gladly pass on this game.

3. I wanna be the Boshy - any%
Personal Best: 3:42:10
Console: PC

Ok, so this is kind of a not so serious submission because of how ridiculously hard and unpredictable this game is, but I am planning on running that game a little bit more often in the future and with some practice I am surely going to get at least sub 2:00:00, probably even better.

4. Lufia II - Ancient Cave - any%
Personal Best: 2:00:29

Again this submission is kinda half serious only, because 90% of the time, I won't be able to truly finish this run, since almost everything depends on the chests I am finding throughout the cave. But I thought, since Lufia II got submitted, that it might be a fun idea to also do an AC run, if nobody else wants to. And Ancient Cave Bingo is always fun :>

I might add or remove games from this list, depending on how the upcoming months go. Shouldn't be that big of a problem, considering the marathon is still a couple of days away Wink

And I also of course am willing to help out, if anything is needed during the marathon.
Edit history:
Sebrings: 2014-05-07 07:52:44 am
Twitch account: www.twitch.tv/sebrings_

2. Fable 3 Any%
Estimate: 4:30:00
Personal best: 4:15:xx
Time could be cut in half by Early 2015, game is long yes, but it's a very entertaining, amazing game to watch, graphics and gameplay are just fantastic.
http://twitch.tv/Pyatters
1. Cat Poke - True Ending%
Estimate: 23:00
Personal best: 1:52
Console: PC
Cat Poke is one of the best games on PC, once I played it I instantly fell in love and I have been speedrunning it ever since.
I want to show off my run to the world!
Nice estimate
Edit history:
Svenne: 2014-04-03 02:50:29 am
Svenne: 2014-04-03 02:50:25 am
Svenne: 2014-04-03 02:50:25 am
Svenne: 2014-04-03 02:49:28 am
Smörgåsbord
1. Super Mario Bros. 3 - Any% Warpless
Estimate: 1:00:00
Personal best: WIP 5 months ago 57:40
Console: NES

Not sure I can make it, got alot of different events I am supposed to go to! But if I do, I will probably submit more games!
Is there any deadline yet to submit a game?
Twitch account: www.twitch.tv/lp3cinema

1. Nicktoons Unite!- Any %
Estimate: 3:00:00
Personal Best: 2:34:23
Console: Wii (Originally for GC but I play it on Wii)
The game will relive you're childhood (in really sloppy graphics! :D) It uses an ability to skip excessive running and involves fast character switching.

2. Simpsons Hit & Run- All Missions %
Estimate 2:30:00
Personal Best: 2:17:18
Who doesn't love the Simpsons and this GTA style game is a great speedrun from running over people to skip missions to a very tough coin route is a definite enjoyable run Smiley
3. Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers
Estimate: 1:30:00
Personal Best:1:28:47
Console Wii or Gamecube
Lots of action and very little downtime not much of the game is broken which really makes the run down to skill

No Vids but I do stream these every weekend just forgot to save broadcasts.