List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
BlueStarReturns: 2013-09-24 09:28:10 pm
BlueStarReturns: 2013-09-22 02:55:44 pm
BlueStarReturns: 2013-08-24 02:49:05 pm
Twinkle-Twinkle Lil' Star, har har!
Please note, I am probably not going to list them as what they're worth because I'm only selling them to have some backup funds. I'm not interested in getting exactly what they're worth. So, here's the List:

Batman: Arkham Asylum (360)
Sonic '06 (360)
Halo 4 Limited Edition (360)
Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Sonic 2 (Genesis)
Halo 3 (360)
Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario 64
GBA
SNES Console

* Note: Anything I get from these sales will help go towards getting a GB Player, an SP, and a Dazzle so I can finally start streaming. Anything left is saved to help me get to AGDQ at some point before I'm 30. Therefore, unless it's an insanely ripping-off offer, I'll accept any deal. Every little bit helps*

Contact is through PM and these deals last indefinitely.
Thread title:  
Fucking Weeaboo
In order to use the Game Boy Player, you just need a gamecube and a controller that you're comfortable with (I use a PS2 controller plugged into an adapter to connect it to a Gamecube). The GBP plugs into the bottom of the Gamecube. It also has a disc that you run which boots up the GBP to play your games.

I see some copies of Blue and Red on eBay and Amazon for around $20-25. GBP comes in around $40. When you look for the GBP, MAKE SURE IT HAS THE DISC. There are a ton of cheap auctions/sales but they don't include the disc.
Awesome, Sir VG! I can look into that.

So, I need to make sure the GBP has the disc, too? I may check at We Got Game for that one, just because their reputation shows they wouldn't forget something that important. I'm liking those Amazon prices for the carts, though, since I think when I went in to the aforementioned store last time, Red and Blue were marked at 39.99, and I was like "I'm sure I could find them elsewhere online. I know a community." Grin

Thanks, man!
Fucking Weeaboo
Glad I could help. And yeah, if you're not sure if it has a disc, ASK. It's basically a boot disc to make the Game Cube work with the Game Boy Player. Only way around it would be to have a mod chip in your cube so you can use a burnt copy, but they're a pain to install (worth it, but a pain).
Well, I do also still have my SNES floating around. I know that might be a harder option, but if I somehow found a Super Game Boy, would that route work as well for recording (assuming I get that far)?

EDIT: I see. Good advice!
Fucking Weeaboo
You can use a Super Game Boy, just know that it runs at a slightly faster speed than a Game Boy or Game Boy Player. If you can come across the Super Game Boy 2 (this is Japanese only, so probably not realistically feasable to get), this would be better than the SGB.

https://kb.speeddemosarchive.com/Game_Boy_Capture
Edit history:
yggdrizzle: 2013-08-24 10:39:53 am
An SGB2 would be cheaper than the Game Boy Player, but of course can't play GBA games and GBC-only games.

You can use Japanese carts in a US SNES pretty easily, and the SGB2 is easy to find, so I'm not sure how it wouldn't be feasable?

The cheapest GBP with a disc I can find on eBay is $40, and right now I see a $23.99 SGB2 (quite cheap for eBay) from Japan. If you don't like shipping from Japan, I could offer to sell one (I'm in the US), but I couldn't go quite as low.
Quote from yggdrizzle:
An SGB2 would be cheaper than the Game Boy Player, but of course can't play GBA games and GBC-only games.

You can use Japanese carts in a US SNES pretty easily, and the SGB2 is easy to find, so I'm not sure how it wouldn't be feasable?

The cheapest GBP with a disc I can find on eBay is $40, and right now I see a $23.99 SGB2 (quite cheap for eBay) from Japan. If you don't like shipping from Japan, I could offer to sell one (I'm in the US), but I couldn't go quite as low.

Thanks for the advice, yggdrizzle! However, as I discussed with Sir VG, I'll probably reserve the GBP for going into my gaming store. They may overprice some things, but since they try to come across as very professional, I don't think they would try to sell someone a GBP without the disc. I probably could edit the title just a little bit, as it's really the carts I'm trying to find (I know that I shouldn't have to pay 40 each, which is what We Got Game prices them at, if anything). VG also pointed out where to find cheap carts. So, for now, I've got the info I need. I'll leave this open though just in case I think of anything else I'm looking for.
Updated.