List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Wolfiexe: 2015-11-11 10:03:33 am
Wolfiexe: 2015-11-11 10:03:31 am
Wolfiexe: 2015-11-11 10:03:30 am
Runs things speedily
With some more practice I've gotten the 2-cycle strat down much more consistently. I've been relying entirely on the screen fade transition ending. It definitely isn't frame perfect but it's pretty precise in terms of the timing, so I'd say like 4-5 frames or so? One attempt I got it where her chase was stopped by the phone call but she just caught up with me at the very end anyway, and another attempt where the encounter alert noise played just as I was transitioning screens which stopped the music on the Hotland Sans screen. Awesome strat for sure but it's gonna be scary for a while! thumbsup

Also is there any interest in a big TPE race sometime? I saw there's been a couple in the past on SRL but not sure where they're organised. I figured it'd be fun if there was enough interest to do a weekend race with loads of runners.
Anime is not real.
Just wanted to go ahead and post here and thank all you guys for finding these skips and exploits Smiley  If I find any at any point I'll be sure to contribute!

Also in reply to Wolfi, I would absolutely be down for races.  Hell yes.
Edit history:
2bitmarksman: 2015-11-12 05:06:59 pm
Ate the extra spicy banana
Just finished Undertale and I really want to get into this. Gonna check some vids and probably play around this weekend :>

Might do a Genocide playthrough first (as I did True Pacifist on my first playthrough), then probably try learning True Pacifist route as I prefer to save goatmom.
Runs things speedily
Quote from 2bitmarksman:
Just finished Undertale and I really want to get into this. Gonna check some vids and probably play around this weekend :>

Might do a Genocide playthrough first (as I did True Pacifist on my first playthrough), then probably try learning True Pacifist route as I prefer to save goatmom.

Welcome 2bitmarksman! There are some pretty useful guides in the Undertale section for whatever route you're doing so make sure to check them out. If you have any other questions then ask away. thumbsup

Also yes SAVE THE GOATMOM!
Edit history:
2bitmarksman: 2015-11-13 10:25:09 am
THanks for the welcome Wolfi :3

I can't remember clearly but I think I got more fame from eating a Glamburger than what you guys have posted about. I think anything that gives fame is increased with low HP including those food items, so would it be possible to do that item equip thing then eat a Glamburger to get the 12k?
Edit history:
TGH: 2015-11-13 10:59:32 am
TGH: 2015-11-13 10:59:32 am
Anime is not real.
Quote from 2bitmarksman:

I can't remember clearly but I think I got more fame from eating a Glamburger than what you guys have posted about. I think anything that gives fame is increased with low HP including those food items, so would it be possible to do that item equip thing then eat a Glamburger to get the 12k?

You'd need to get the Glamburger from the trash can in the Core I think, since, if I recall correctly, you wouldn't have enough gold to buy one from MTT unless you farm beforehand. 

EDIT: Strike that, I was thinking of the Legendary Hero.  You can afford to buy the Glamburger.

If you shoot enough Mini-tons in the battle and equip the five armors, the battle will be over after the essay question.  However I'd think it would be possible to skip the essay (-10-12 seconds?) if you bought a Glamburger and ate it (+5-6 seconds?)  My guess is it would save time.

Someone with more knowledge than me about this can confirm.  I've never tried it before.

Runs things speedily
You can skip the essay question entirely just with using the Ribbon > Manly Bandana > Old Tutu > Cloudy Glasses > Stained Apron so long as you hit enough bullets on the legs, kill just about all of the robot things and tank one intentional hit on 2/3 turns. It'll get you just enough points, otherwise you'll have to do the essay question but provided you equip all the clothing items, the battle will end after anyway.

The Glamburger might(?) work as a safety strat but it's most likely not worth doing over the optimal strat. I haven't tested how many points you earn from eating the Glamburger but I don't think it's as much as 1500.
Edit history:
Omgwthdude: 2015-11-13 01:26:43 pm
Omgwthdude: 2015-11-13 01:20:57 pm
RNG Gods Guide Me
Glamburger would work as a back up strat, but using the stick should be enough. E.G 1500x5= 7500 + 4000(because you start with that much) = 11500. Stick is 750 points so 11500+750= 12250. This makes it so you don't have to learn the menuing for buying Glamburger(or possible wasting time for failing/forgetting to buy it).

On another note don't try replacing one of the items with anything else unless its an armor, because unless I'm proven wrong armors give them most amount of points during the Mettaton fight.
Edit history:
Wolfiexe: 2015-11-13 07:33:14 pm
Runs things speedily
Using Tux's pastebin for AYC and some other notes I made, I whipped up a short reference guide for All Yellow Credits just listing the condition for each monster in each area and some general notes to keep in mind.

http://www.speedrun.com/undertale/guide/f2wer

If there is anything I'm missing or if it could be better laid out then let me know and I'll make the changes. Otherwise I hope it helps anyone who wants to give AYC a try!
Edit history:
2bitmarksman: 2015-11-13 08:20:07 pm
2bitmarksman: 2015-11-13 08:17:49 pm
2bitmarksman: 2015-11-13 08:17:04 pm
2bitmarksman: 2015-11-13 08:15:51 pm
You can get a glam burger while doing the CORE in the upper left of the area in a trash can instead of buying it, though I dunno how this would compare to just going into the store and buying one. if you wanted a backup strat (or couldn't afford a burger). As for the Glamburger, I think it gave me 1000 points when I had 4/20 HP?? I will test this tomorrow.

Also, for anyone that wants an easy BATCH script that will delete their Undertale saves you can use this:

Open Notepad > Copy this into there > rmdir /s /q "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\UNDERTALE" > Save As, select All Files and save as <whatever you want>.bat and put it somewhere convenient

Btw, is anyone opposed to allow runs where I use a SNES USB controller with JoyToKey???
Remembered something that I forgot
The game actually uses usb controllers without joytokey but only as analog. Usb controller imo are not recommended since they may have a slight delay of inputs and since you have to mash most of the dialogue you will shorten the life cycle of your controller.
Anime is not real.
I use a GameCube controller and JoytoKey personally.  As far as I'm concerned, any and all methods of input, provided they aren't automatic or autofire or anything, are allowed.  Which I think is great because I literally don't think I could speedrun this without a controller lol

I would, however, like to follow up with another question to whoever can answer.  Would it be allowed to route both the up and down keys to one button (that I don't normally use) on my controller for easy wallhumping?  I normally just kinda reach for my keyboard whenever I need to do it, but was just curious about whether or not this alternate method would be allowed.
RNG Gods Guide Me
In my opinion I don't think it would be allowed, considering that then the people who use keyboards could also mod it to one button(Making it fair). But generally speaking mashing on controller is easier/faster for MOST people(me included), it would make the game a whole different ball game I think. But idk, we would need a mod in order for a decision to be made.
Anime is not real.
Okay, well then to this I'll follow up with yet ANOTHER question:  What are thoughts on using both controller AND keyboard:

A. Simultaenously?  (How I wallhump; I hold right on my controller and the up and down keys on my keyboard simultaneously)
B.  Alternating?  (I mash with keyboard when I don't have to move right away after/before text, I can mash faster using the keyboard)

Or would you only have to use one or the other, and never both during one playthrough?  I'm actually really curious about this since all of my runs utilize some combination of inputs between controller and keyboard. 
RNG Gods Guide Me
Using both would be allowed, that is not a problem as it involves micromanaging instead of modding. Simultaneously or Alternating would both not be a problem as like I said, it becomes a a micromanaging skill rather then mods. Right now there are a lot of runners who run without cam/mic(me included)so we cannot confirm which one your using or if your using both(virtual keyboard sure, but what about controller). So in my opinion this wold be allowed.
I can see the confusion with the controller as it's not too hard to mash both up and down on a keyboard but its impossible to do such on a controller. Would like clarification on that.

To add to that for controllers: for joytokey would it be ok to bind Z and X to the same button? As keyboard can mash both Z and X and shift and enter (or with joy to key, putting both those buttons next to each other) I figure this could even the differences between them (mashing 3 buttons on a controller with 1 hand is still very hard/tiring to do in a run :T)
RNG Gods Guide Me
That becomes a problem for the mods to decide again. Because then whats to stop keyboard users to bind x and z AND shift and enter to 1 or 2 separate buttons.  While I do realize controller has its downs(not wall humping, only 2 buttons the skip text, and/or input lag), its something that runners would have to know going in speed running. I don't know if we can improve the game controllers without giving some to the PC as well. It becomes a balancing issue with running the game, Imagine being able to wall hump with Y(or triangle or w.e your 3rd button would be), and mash x and z with X(or square or w.e your 4th button would be). While the PC still has to do it with all inputs because it had all those "advantages" already.
Remembered something that I forgot
List of things naturally controllers can't do: up and down, type legs on quiz, duplicating zx button presses.
List of things controllers have advantage over keyboard: 360* movement, smoother dodge segments movement. *add more later*
Anime is not real.

Not sure if this was widely known or not but here's another room in which you can hug the lower wall early on and skip one of Alphys' status updates for a NIFTY 0.2 second timesave.

(What would you guys do without me huh.)
Runs things speedily
Is that the screen after you take the elevator to L2 TGH? Or the one after the Mettaton news segment where you head left to the elevator? Either way that's good to know! thumbsup
RNG Gods Guide Me
Thats the screen leading towards the stained apron, I honestly thought everyone knew about this, so I didn't post it.
Runs things speedily
Honestly I think I usually hug the bottom wall there anyway but I can't remember for sure. Still something to keep in mind I guess.
Can someone explain to me Wallhugging? Do you move faster when doing it or is it just to increase encounter rate???
Runs things speedily
It's very useful for farming encounters yes. In terms of it being faster though, I think it's only faster on the screen where you and Monster Kid are walking in silhouettes with the castle in the background, in which case it's about twice as fast as walking around in that room the normal way.
Anime is not real.
Quote from Wolfiexe:
Is that the screen after you take the elevator to L2 TGH? Or the one after the Mettaton news segment where you head left to the elevator? Either way that's good to know! thumbsup

Sorry, I tried to edit that post shortly after I posted it with the exact location, but I guess it didn't save it

Yeah, it's the room north of the stained apron.