Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Th3Hatt3r: 2015-11-05 12:17:09 am
Remembered something that I forgot
going to just post the barrier of Snowdin puzzle #1 here

Quote from Wolfiexe:
Quote from SharpieShark:
Quote from Wolfiexe:
So I want to start learning AYC now that I'm more comfortable with TPE. Is there a good guide somewhere for quick reference of what to do for each monster? I'm pretty worried that I'll miss something so it'd be very helpful to have, otherwise I guess I can always browse the wiki and current records and make notes.

Check Tuxwizzle's stream, I think he has a quick guide in his description.

Can't see anything unless you mean the link to his YouTube video. Maybe it was removed or on someone else's stream?

http://pastebin.com/5Pivv2Ux .
Edit history:
Th3Hatt3r: 2015-11-11 12:16:49 am
Remembered something that I forgot
EDIT* This doesn't skip the green phases after the first so it won't be in the run but could be a incentive.
Edit history:
Wolfiexe: 2015-11-06 08:29:41 am
Runs things speedily
Quote from Tuxwizzle:
Quote from Wolfiexe:
Quote from SharpieShark:
Quote from Wolfiexe:
So I want to start learning AYC now that I'm more comfortable with TPE. Is there a good guide somewhere for quick reference of what to do for each monster? I'm pretty worried that I'll miss something so it'd be very helpful to have, otherwise I guess I can always browse the wiki and current records and make notes.

Check Tuxwizzle's stream, I think he has a quick guide in his description.

Can't see anything unless you mean the link to his YouTube video. Maybe it was removed or on someone else's stream?

http://pastebin.com/5Pivv2Ux .

Awesome, thanks. Now hopefully I don't just use the stick on all the dogs by accident.

Edit: Also was browsing through past pages and saw this:

Quote from Fraxtil:
In Hotland, you can skip Alphys' phone call explaining the orange and blue lasers by hugging the bottom edge of the corridor.  (You'll still get the "OMG I DID IT" and subsequent notifications regardless.)

Just noticed a lot of people don't do this. It's a pretty easy 2-3 second timesave so probably worth incorporating into your runs! thumbsup
Edit history:
crater: 2015-11-07 06:51:31 pm
crater: 2015-11-07 06:47:28 pm
I found a small skip during my most recent PB attempt. Not sure how I triggered it, but it will skip Alphys's dialogue after the 3 button puzzle.
(Volume Warning!)
Looks like you sped past the trigger and the game got confused, since it expects the call to happen in front of the button, and you get the box after the conveyor belt.
It also prevents the dialogue box from halting movement, so it should be a small time save if gotten.
Found a new OOB https://i.gyazo.com/ada4d97b36437b24944a77e6c0c81d56.png
I can just imagine the countless uses for this already.
how is that oob done lol
Tomba! YA YA YA
i haven't seen anyone do this in a run, is it known?
Runs things speedily
Quote from Raikou99:
i haven't seen anyone do this in a run, is it known?

I didn't think it was possible because she always catches up to me before I can evade the third fight. Shocked
Tomba! YA YA YA
yeah something i did slowed her down, i think it was the 1hp, gonna play around with it abit more, i've compared this to another run using the current strat and it saves 18 seconds
Edit history:
Wolfiexe: 2015-11-09 12:45:10 pm
Runs things speedily
Just tried it myself doing what you said and it worked. Gonna try again without waiting in the Welcome to Hotland screen and see if it still works.

EDIT: Tried it without waiting and it didn't work this time. Maybe waiting at the start of the screen is important?
Tomba! YA YA YA
Yeah looks like waiting is key here, just tried it without it and i got caught, possibly both the 1hp and waiting are important?
Runs things speedily
Tried it with waiting this time and being taken to 1HP on the 2nd fight but I got caught. This time, Undyne kept running during Papyrus's phone call. I'd guess yeah the time gap in which you wait is pretty precise.
I've done this before a long ass time ago like when i first started doing TPE. Literally have no idea how it happens or what replicates Undyne moving slower
Runs things speedily
Just got it 3 times in a row. This is what I'm doing:

- Going down to 1HP at the end of Phase 1 (taking two hits on her Kindergarter Teacher attack)
- Waiting at the start of the next screen for like 0.5~ secs

She gets pretty close but not close enough and the third phase is skipped. I'll keep trying to make sure these weren't just flukes but going to 1HP at the end of P1 seems to be working.
Have you tried not being at 1hp?
Edit history:
Wolfiexe: 2015-11-09 01:33:05 pm
Wolfiexe: 2015-11-09 01:16:55 pm
Wolfiexe: 2015-11-09 01:11:13 pm
Runs things speedily
I tried going down to 1HP at the end of the 2nd fight instead and that time, she caught up with me easily. I'll have a few tries at not taking any damage on that phase and seeing the results.

Edit: Okay that time I only took one hit (in the 2nd fight) and she didn't catch up with me. I waited at the start of the room again and hugged the top wall after the second fight. Now I'm pretty sure it's the waiting part but I can't be sure.

Edit Edit: Okay I'm convinced it's all about waiting at the start of the 'Welcome to Hotland' screen for the right amount of time. I'm also not moving up or down on that screen until after the second fight, whereupon I hug the top wall. Still don't know if that makes a difference.
I've only done that twice, both times I waited a bit at the Welcome to Hotland area for a bit. It seems to work if Undyne starts chasing you (the alert noise plays and the ! appears) at the same time or before Papyrus calls you. If Papyrus calls you before she notices you, she immediately starts chasing you (and possible teleports).
Edit history:
Tenebrae: 2015-11-10 12:29:39 am
Tenebrae: 2015-11-10 12:22:54 am

I think I can finally do this consistently, but it's a bit hard to explain. When I get to the third screen I wait about .25 seconds for the screen transition to fully fade in, or when the first line of the 'W' appears, and book it right. If done correctly, your character should be almost directly under the left half of the 'W' when Undyne catches you. Also, it's actually faster (by about 10 seconds) to block Undyne's first attack normally instead of doing kindergarten strats.

Good job to whoever figured this out and good luck to whoever tries this. If my video is anything to go by then this could save nearly a minute over the standard Undyne fight.
Edit history:
pahchi: 2015-11-10 04:46:13 am
I knew this was somehow possible and it's awesome that you guys found a consistent way to do it, I got it 5 times in a row.
Edit history:
Wolfiexe: 2015-11-10 06:37:45 am
Runs things speedily
Quote from Tenebrae:

I think I can finally do this consistently, but it's a bit hard to explain. When I get to the third screen I wait about .25 seconds for the screen transition to fully fade in, or when the first line of the 'W' appears, and book it right. If done correctly, your character should be almost directly under the left half of the 'W' when Undyne catches you. Also, it's actually faster (by about 10 seconds) to block Undyne's first attack normally instead of doing kindergarten strats.

Good job to whoever figured this out and good luck to whoever tries this. If my video is anything to go by then this could save nearly a minute over the standard Undyne fight.

Awesome! Now that there's a visual cue to go off this shouldn't be as awkward to get. Good to know it's faster to block her first attack too, I was wondering if it was still worth doing that or not in this 2-cycle strat.

Also I guess this strat eliminates the need to buy a Bicicle in Snowdin Village.
Edit history:
Tenebrae: 2015-11-10 12:40:44 pm
Tenebrae: 2015-11-10 12:34:28 pm
New strats are exciting but we can't completely discount the old ones just yet. Fair warning that Toby does know about quite a few bugs and is in the process of fixing them. We could beg him to leave the time saving bugs in but... Well, maybe keep a backup copy of this version around or keep looking for less game-altering time save solutions.

Kishuni and I have done what we can to keep the guide up to date but if anyone has more to add, feel free. I added pretty much all of the Undyne stuff, a couple tips for hotlands, the new Papyrus "Check" strat, and reworded some things. Also, I reeeaaally don't like Github's collab permissions so if we could move away to like a google doc or something that would be super.

Sub 1:53:00 TPE and sub 2:00:00 AYC are finally in reach, good luck.
Gotta go forward!
Just popping in here to say I love you guys (lol) - that Undyne 2-cycle mystery is solved, and it's a huge time save.

If need be we'll have "Old Patch" and "New Patch" categories, depending on time losses due to patches. This is similar to how FEZ did things. We can discuss this once the patch is out.