Sad
page  <- 1234567891011 -> <- 1 .. 9 .. 11 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from WraithGaming:
It's a real shame that this is in Portsmouth for me. After doing a bit of research a ticket to Portsmouth from Durham is around the same cost as a flight to Sweden. I'd love to attend but the money isn't ideal, especially as I am an unemployed college student :D. Anyway I look forward to see where this goes.

Have you looked at National Express coaches rather than trains? They take longer, but the prices tend to a whole lot cheaper (especially if you book them in advance). I don't know what sort of prices you are getting on trains, but you can get return tickets between Durham and Portsmouth for less than £50 at certain times of year. But yeah... really depends if you are willing to sit on coaches for 10 hours.
I'd be up for this, though like a few others said, Portsmouth is really inconvenient for me. Maybe we could organise one at a different place sometime in the future? Somewhere like Nottingham or Derby would be nice, Sheffield even better but Sheffield might be a bit far for some (like those living in Portsmouth, London etc)
It's a shame that many see the location as a problem although I can see why. It's just since Josh and I live here its easier for us and we know the area. But of course we could try and consider other locations. As cool as London is, that's out of the question. So is Derby, for person reasons, sorry. I was wondering about Milton Keynes or Oxford?
You can never run enough games
Honestly for now, if it's likely that you can get somewhere in Portsmouth, just do it there. Considering this is pretty much the first event of its kind in the UK, its not super important to hold it somewhere that everyone can get to, as long as it goes ahead and works, then in the future a more convenient location can be sorted out. I'd rather the event takes place somewhere inconvenient than never happen because a venue can't be found somewhere slightly easier for people to get to (And yeah those of you coming from the north can get cheap train tickets as long as you're willing to travel at meh times and book far enough in advance, something like a £35 return is what I would expect, possibly up to around £50 at the most.)
Quote from kitty:
It's a shame that many see the location as a problem although I can see why. It's just since Josh and I live here its easier for us and we know the area. But of course we could try and consider other locations. As cool as London is, that's out of the question. So is Derby, for person reasons, sorry. I was wondering about Milton Keynes or Oxford?

Milton Keynes would probably be OK.
However, I'm not sure if I'd be able to make it for a while - school and weekend jobs. Perhaps in a few years or so? That amount of time might be a stretch but that's probably all I can do unless my parents suddenly decide to take a trip to Milton Keynes and allow me to participate on one day. This is a very low probability, though.
Quote from MLSTRM:
Honestly for now, if it's likely that you can get somewhere in Portsmouth, just do it there. Considering this is pretty much the first event of its kind in the UK, its not super important to hold it somewhere that everyone can get to, as long as it goes ahead and works, then in the future a more convenient location can be sorted out. I'd rather the event takes place somewhere inconvenient than never happen because a venue can't be found somewhere slightly easier for people to get to

Agreed. Just try to make the event happen, then improve things later if the event reoccurs. For now it's probably best to keep it simple for you to organise.
I'm with the 'stick to Portsmouth' idea. Get the event going and organise/run it to the best damn quality you can (which will be easier if you're able to work with the venue closely), and you can either look to mover after a couple of events under your belt or someone else can do one up north ^_^
WOW.
Quote:
(And yeah those of you coming from the north can get cheap train tickets as long as you're willing to travel at meh times and book far enough in advance, something like a £35 return is what I would expect, possibly up to around £50 at the most.)

hahaha no.
Trains in the UK for long distances are not cheap at all compared to other European countries haha
You should really talk to Flicky about this he's really interested in running this, + I can help too since I'm from London and have a lot of experience in running events (tournaments for smash etc)
Flicky? I thought he was against this XD Any help would be nice Smiley
I don't think he would be against it at all, afaik he just didn't like the old name because it didn't really make sense
Ah yes! Having gone back through the thread, it was the name he didn't like. EGGS is much better Wink
I'm just across the sea in Ireland so it wouldn't be too expensive for me to come over hopefully. Registering my interest Smiley
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Teach  Me  How  To  Mank 
Cool to see this thread going again and it's cool to see Kitty back posting. Sorry about your personal problems, if you ever wanna talk, I'm good as I'm sure are a lot of people in the thread. The speedrunning community is in general a very friendly community so if ever you need to talk, let me know!  Smiley

With regards to where it's being held, Portsmouth wouldn't be too bad. I live near London so as long as I wouldn't have to travel too far and as long as the travel isn't too costly, I would definitely be on going to Portsmouth especially if you've found a good place to host the marathon. Also, with regards to equipment, I'm not entirely sure how much help I could offer. I could definitely bring consoles and such but with regards to tech equipment, I'm not really helpful with that aspect heh.

Also, I should update that I plan to definitely run Monkey Ball Deluxe Story Mode as that is a category that I've gotten familiar with over the past few months and have improved my time for. I currently have the 4th best time for DX Story Mode and am close to sub-30. It's a fun, fast-paced game and it's pretty hard but with a lot of practice I would definitely be able to produce a solid run at the marathon.

Another thing I should mention is that I could potentially run Super Monkey Ball Deluxe Ultimate. This however, isn't a solid submission yet, this is just a potential submission for when the marathon actually comes around. Ultimate is basically all 300 levels that the game has to offer. But I haven't really practiced this category thoroughly yet but I do plan to hence why this is only a potential submission.

But yeah, just thought I should update you and post some things. Smiley
Mobiusman pointed me here - I live in Halifax up in Yorkshire, but I'd be more than happy to come down to Portsmouth for an event like this. I run Metroid Zero Mission, although I probably wouldn't actually apply to run - however I can help with equipment and setup if needed no problem. Definitely interested in this.
That's the power of the Keyyyblaaade
I'm totally interested in coming down for this. Based in Aberdeen but it's totally something I can attend.

I'm currently working on running a variety of games in the FF series (main one being FF9, but also doing FF7 PC Any% RTA) along with having the ability to run KH1.5 Any%, KH2FM (or 2.5) any% along with the Lv1 CM Data Org RTA (or Lv99 CM Data Org RTA, too)

I'm also working on Primal, the PS2 hit about a girl who's actually part demon. It's awful but the run has a few glitches of note!

I also would be more than happy to couch potato for a number of runs, since I know that there are a number of members in the KH community that are attending, and I'd be happy to commentate for any FF runs from 7 onwards if there are any others running them!
^ MFW A RUN GOES WRONG
Despite not presenting even a small twinkle of a presence here contribution-wise, I'd love to see a marathon here. Travel to Portsmouth wouldn't be bad for me, being near Cambridge, though my job would have to determine my free dates.

As for a run I'd enter some conceptual ideas for Ace Combat runs. I'm currently working on an any% AC5 run that even on paper and with a few days practice is already beating Sir VG's archived run, as well as a potential AC6 run as well. Maybe once I've actually submitted said runs for verification I'll come back with more detail on estimates etc.

Don't give up on this idea, the hype train is in motion!
hi i herd dis were WR happens yes
Aside from doing host/donation stuffs, I might be able to offer Hyrule Warriors any% in the near future Smiley
i'm not well known on here nor on twitch, but i love the idea of this and would love to be apart of it, but alas i lack the money but if there are plans to do one around may 2015 onwards i would love to help out in any way i could, although my skill mainly involves keeping people entertained and cooking chicken
So is the any more information on this regarding sign ups, fees, locations or anything? Or are we just gonna be kept in the dark till its closer?
Hello everyone.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for my absence and lack of information as of late. I'm going through a lot personally and mentally right now. EGGS is definitely something I still wish to do, whether it happens next year is another matter but I'll try. It's just that I've never done anything like this before and don't really know where to start. Its mainly getting the venue and affording everything that stresses me out as I'm struggling financially myself.

I love that so many people are interested in this whether to watch, attend or participate! The more the merrier! I'll have a look into everything and see what I can do as it would be awesome if this happened. I feel the UK tends to get left out of gaming events so we should change that! Smiley
UPDATE

Okay so I don't want to go getting anyone's hopes up as this may still not happen this year due to personal things but I'm trying. I have found what I think would be a very cool venue which I'm in contact with. I'll update more when more happens. I was wondering what people's general thoughts are on the event as a whole. Mainly its purpose and name. I'm fine with "EGGS" but I was thinking about what it means. At the moment it stands for Easter Gathering of Gaming Speedsters. But I have another idea; what about Easter Gathering of Gamers and Speedsters? What one do people prefer?

As for the purpose; would people prefer it to just focus on speedrunning like all the other marathon events or a mix? For example, it would mainly be speedruns but there could be areas/corners/sections for other things whether Super Smash Bros or CS:GO or League of Legends etc. Whether we would actually stream these or just keep them for those who attend is up to you. We could always try to have a last day random thing with all those I listed above, or even a second stream?

These are all ideas and nothing is confirmed yet. But what do people think? Smiley
UPDATE

There may be a possibility that we have a venue. We just need to work out how long the event will run for and when exactly as of course they need dates. Since it's a new event I doubt it would go on for 7 days or so like AGDQ/SGDQ/ESA etc. It depends on how many games we do and how long they are etc but I'm thinking around 4 days maybe? They also need to know how many people there will be. Can people please either comment or PM me with what games they would like to run? I will try and work out how long the event might be. It also might not be 24/7 as our main tech guy won't be able to cope without sleep lol. So I was thinking of either it running from 6am - midnight or 9am-9pm, giving people time to eat, sleep, relax etc. But its up to you. Although I guess it also depends on the venue and if they'd allow 24/7. I don't know. But yeah, please comment or PM if you're interested in going whether to watch or take part and what games etc. Thanks.
I'd 100% be interested in going and running something, just Crash games really. This would be really sweet if this happens!