Smiley
Sad
page  <- 1234567891011 -> <- 1 .. 8 .. 11 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
its a shame but this is waaaaayyyy to far south for me. ahh well, i've barely started anyways Tongue
I think that the idea of a UK marathon is a good idea, I see a bunch of marathons that I wish I could attend (for example, ESA) and I believe that if there was one in the UK, I would be able to, if this becomes an actual thing, I would like to speedrun SADX at this, hopefully it really happens. Tongue
Edit history:
sw0rdsdance: 2014-06-27 05:39:11 pm
sw0rdsdance: 2014-06-27 05:39:03 pm
TM03 Strats
Any updates on this? I think someone needs to put together a Google Doc (maybe when the time gets a little bit closer) with all the essential info as it's all a bit of a mess and hard to find bits and pieces in a thread.

That being said, I'm 100% down for this, another Yorkshire runner here, I'd love to play a couple of Pokemon games and meet some other UK runners Smiley

EDIT: Just read that Kitty is/was working a Doc, updates pls?!
www.darylbaxter.com
Just jumped from Reddit to here after watching and supporting AGDQ and SGDQ this year.
I'd love to attend something like this. I live near Nottingham and have no problem visiting for a few days if it was a week-long event.
I would definitely attend
Alreet, I'd love to see this become something.

I'm more than happy to pitch in and assist. I can't run shit to any reasonable degree but I've organised events, tournaments and various other events as a day job so I'd be happy to lend my skills in logistics.
TM03 Strats
YuKitty seems to have disappeared off the internet over the last few weeks, so I'm not sure how long we'll have to wait for a response. I think if it's get to a certain point before Easter 2015, we should consider that idea scrapped and start over?
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
I'm positive she'll turn up in a months time at the very, very latest. Yeah, I have my hidden sources Cheesy Dunno, maybe she's on holiday now? You never know Wink
TM03 Strats
How very shady of you Alko Wink
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Glad to be of assistance Wink
If this goes ahead then myself and a friend will be interested in attending (he'd be offering the original Metal Gear games and I'd likely offer some kind of PAL Mario World run and something else). We're just over the water on the Isle of Wight, and we own a video games shop so would more than likely be able to help with console setups and the such Smiley

Whatever the case, a UK speedrun event would be really awesome to watch Cheesy
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Teach  Me  How  To  Mank 
I would definitely be good for a meet-up or charity event. It would be cool to finally meet up with some speedrunners and in particular some British speedrunners. I run Monkey Ball 1 & 2 and would be good to play them, however I would have to improve my times before I considered suggesting myself as a runner. If I improve enough I will post here and let you know but even if not, I'll definitely be down to attend whatever gets put on! Smiley
A good friend of mine told me about this. I decided to drop in to say I would attend for sure.
Let's make this happen!
Hi, I'm sorry if I'm not welcome here, but I'd just like to voice my opinion, if that's ok.

I've been watching speedruns for a few years now, and I honestly think that doing a speedrunner event within the UK within the great idea. While I personally live in Nottingham, I would go to any length to attend one of these events, as it seems like such a good time, and a great place to meet other hardcore gamers, as I have met little to none within my area. If this event does proceed to happen, then I think you should know that you have one fan who will definitely show up.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Teach  Me  How  To  Mank 
An update. Right now I'm learning to run Super Monkey Ball Deluxe for the XBox (on XBox 360). I'd definitely be down to run this at any potential marathon/meet-up. I'm currently learning Story Mode but I could potentially learn Ultimate for Deluxe. It all depends really but yeah if anything serious comes out of this, I'd definitely like to run Deluxe for sure. Tongue
As a UK runner who has been suffering from depression, I would absolutely love to be a part of this. The timing is pretty good and the location is fine for me. So far all I can offer to run is Simpsons: Hit & Run (on PC), and I suspect Zoton will be up for turning that into a race. We'll see if I learn any more runs before this happens Smiley
Hello!

First of all I wish to deeply apologise for my absence. I have been going through a lot in the past few months especially mentally. I'm still not in a great frame of mind but Alko told me about this thread still thriving and wondering where I was so I thought I'd get my arse on here! I hope everyone is well and I thank those who are interested in this idea. It is definitely something I really want to do. I will have to look into what exactly it involves as it takes a lot to arrange events such as ESA and AGDQ.

I have an idea of where to hold EGGS but I'll have to find out more especially the price. There's also a building that's for let in Portsmouth which would be perfect for it. I would also like to actually have some kind of community centre place but for 'nerds' (:P) so computers and dedicated gaming/streaming rooms etc. This building I have seen would be great for this for SO many reasons. I just wish we had the money to let it.

I am pleased that so many people have shown interest in this idea of EGGS whether as a runner, general attendee or a viewer. I wasn't really sure what reaction it would receive and I feel that I now have to do this since I don't want to let anyone down XD I'm not sure what else I can get done at the moment since right now I'm currently in Sweden at ESA and I will be starting university in September. But I will try my best to keep people updated.

I can't remember my log in right now hence why I'm not technically on my account. But people can send me PM's if they want and I'll try and get myself logged in when I can XD
http://www.twitch.tv/lildingus
Well i have 2 weeks off work when you wanted to hold it Kitty so im still in and can bring down all the equipment i have, im only in kent so its about a 2 hour drive for me
That would be great. If anyone can help out with equipment that would be AMAZING. I think TV's should be fine as it's easy enough to get old style TV's as people always give them away. It's just game consoles and leads etc. We should be okay with regards to computers as Josh's one is good and hopefully we'll have a second one by then although if anyone has a beast of a machine (PC or laptop) that can help out with streaming or reading donations/chat that would be so helpful Smiley
hi i herd dis were WR happens yes
If this happens and I can make it, I'd love to help out with reading donations/hosting Smiley
My offer will still stand for console setups if this all goes ahead, as I've got lots of everything between the shop stock and my personal collection and we're just over the water Smiley

Glad to see that this is still being considered ^^
I was unable to get back into my 'YuKitty' account so had to make a new one.

That would be great Wildfire! It would be a huge help and very appreciated.

We're hoping to move soon and the flat is next door to a possible venue so things are looking good!
Nice to know that this is still going ahead.

No idea if I'll end up attending myself, but it's definitely great to see things happening in the UK for speedrunning.
Ys Series Enthusiast
Haven't actually read too much into this, but since it's a UK marathon I'd definitely be happy with attending this! Can submit a couple of games to play and help out with commentary where necessary. Will also advertise as much as possible closer to the time Wink
It's a real shame that this is in Portsmouth for me. After doing a bit of research a ticket to Portsmouth from Durham is around the same cost as a flight to Sweden. I'd love to attend but the money isn't ideal, especially as I am an unemployed college student :D. Anyway I look forward to see where this goes.