List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Okays :') and what categories are they?
You mean in terms of speedrunning? All of them Any%
Yep, thanks, all noted down now Smiley
Let's Mosey!
Good evening folks, Metako here.

I would like to humbly add to the hype coming from Ireland, if I may. I'm based in Northern Ireland currently, though I have lived in Cardiff for four years, previous. I have wanted to attend a speedrunning marathon for ages, and this is a perfect opportunity. I am definitely interested, and see no issue confirming my attendance right now. If I fly over, I believe consoles may need to be provided, but ferrying it over in my car (possibly with Alowishus if interested) could prove affordable, and lifts in that case may also be able to be given.

As for the marathon-y stuff; I love the idea set in place. I believe you are accepting all games, is that right, Kitty? One thing I did love from AGDQ 2013, was the Die Hard incentives. Perhaps there is scope for a quick game to be run frequently, based on donations, or another incentive? Do you have any idea as for the length of the marathon? I believe it is going to last for a few days, and probably less than a week. Maybe a long weekend? Something I would like to suggest, is perhaps an online marathon late this year, just to get a vibe for what the experience might be like, have runs prepared, set the marathon scene, and give us a chance to 'hang out', even if it only is over Skype. It might be a worthwhile dry run, if you will.

As for games I would like to run; Currently, I'm working on Final Fantasy VII and Pokémon Blue. By the time 2015 rolls around, I aim to have FFVII-X, Pokémon Blue/Red-Gold/Silver, and hopefully a few SOTN categories learnt, also. If there is scope for it, I would be stoked to run an FF each day (even if it's graveyard shift), but obviously game choice/timing is at your discretion.

I think that's about it. FFVII practice starts tonight. Anyone interested may find me here: Metako. Get hype for EGGS!

(Game Specs:)
FFVII Single Segment No Slots - PS2 - 09:00
Pokémon Blue Any% Glitchless - GBA SP (Currently will need Gamecube with Gameboy adaptor) - 02:30

Both safe estimates, I can add other games and times as and when, if needsbe
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
I edited my post on the last page. SFC, SNES, two PSX, DOS and PC Wink
Hello Metako!

Thanks for your thorough and enthuastic post! I'm glad you're so interested in and HYPE for EGGS.

It'll be great to have you over from Northern Ireland! I'll look into transport closer to the time to help people out with any questions they might have. Portsmouth is very accessible though as we have train stations including two main ones which are on both sides of the venue. We also have coach stations and ferry ports. I'm gradually attempting to create a map for people with icons for ammenities. This will be added to the Google Doc which once I'm more content with I'll share with people.

I plan to be pretty flexible and fair so instead of it being a serious hardcore WR event it's more of a fun relaxing anyone-can-participate event. Within reason though of course. People can't just turn up and do a let's play or anything. It's still speed running but you don't have to be amazing or the WR holder. It's hard to say how long the marathon event will be since it's new and not yet fully known to people unlike ESA and AGDQ. I'm not sure about it being a week but it really depends on how many people attend and how many games we have available to run. If we can get to ESA/AGDQ standard then I plan to have a set up weekend then a main week then a bonus weekend. But we'll see. Smiley

You're not the first person to suggest the idea of a small/online marathon beforehand to test things out and get the hype for EGGS. We are looking into holding such an event later in the year at our own flat where people can come to but it will be streamed. Naturally this will be called Mini EGGS. Tongue

So you run Pokemon and Final Fantasy games? That's pretty cool. Both Josh and I like both Smiley
I have noted down the two games you've 'submitted', if anything changes or you want to send in more then just let me know Smiley

EGGS HYPE! Smiley
I have updated your entries Alko ^__^ Gonna be honest, not a clue what SFC or DOS is Cheesy
Quote from YuKitty:
I have updated your entries Alko ^__^ Gonna be honest, not a clue what SFC or DOS is Cheesy

If it's platforms it's probably Super Famicom (SNES) or MS-DOS, but I'm not sure.
Quote from Mooo:
Quote from YuKitty:

If it's platforms it's probably Super Famicom (SNES) or MS-DOS, but I'm not sure.

you are correct xD
I recommend that someone creates a form for us all to fill out.
Having questions like: What game are you planning/hoping to run at EGGS and in what category (ETC)?
Would that be a good idea?
Yes I do plan to do that Tongue
I don't think it's a good idea any time soon. Personally I have no idea what I'll be playing in 2015, it's just too far away.
I've been discussing with people the idea of a speedrun/smash tournament simultaneously as the communities overlap a lot. I also think somewhere more central such as london or nearby would be a good idea but it's a great proposal.
Maybe I'll do mario at one of these if it ever happens, or we might host our own
Could I suggest a focus on British/European games being run. There are so many great Spectrum/C64/Atari ST/Amiga games that never get a look in at marathons.
from red to blue
meeting and playing video games with new people sounds like fun, i'll probably attend this yo
Hey I'm from Scotland and at the moment I'm ridiculously close to the wr for VVVVVV. I'm only 16 without much money but if it's in 2015 I might be able to work something out and come join you guys.
^ Assuming they don't close the border following the outcome of the referendum this autumn x3
Is there a main thread for this, I guess I'm being too lazy. Is this happening at all?
FrankerZ
Quote from Synaww:
Is there a main thread for this, I guess I'm being too lazy. Is this happening at all?

You are in it
I imagine planning has probably been put on hold since it's planned so far in the future
I'm up for it, we need something like this in the UK. i will be there 100% if it pulls through. My Mum is a mental health nurse and she really likes the idea too!
toad guy doing his own toad thing
Hello,
I'm from Northern Ireland, and I am pretty interested in this!
Two problems though:
1. Travel
2. I'm only 17, which means I have school.

If this even was in summer it would be perfect and I would most definitely go. However, if it's in Easter then I may not be able to attend.

The games I have PB's in are:

WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!
Any% - 30:27 [WR]

VVVVVV
Any% - 14:64

I'm very happy that this is an idea and I'm looking forward to it!
Quote from toadee:
2. I'm only 17, which means I have school.

Remember this is 2015 we're talking, right? Just in case you'll be 18 then Wink Disregard this, if you already calculated for 2015.

Kitty, might it be an idea to add the year into the thread's title? Wink
toad guy doing his own toad thing
Quote:
Remember this is 2015 we're talking, right? Just in case you'll be 18 then Wink Disregard this, if you already calculated for 2015.

I will still be at school, for my final year.