page  <- 1234567891011 -> <- 1 .. 5 .. 11 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
FrankerZ
Count me in
I would be up for this, work allowing. I don't run anything seriously at the moment, but I'm sure I could do by 2015 (if not, spectating would be great as well)
Awesome! The more the merrier! Spread the word Smiley got some good news too - heard back from the venue, they're interested and want to meet to discuss! Cheesy
Oh wow. I can't believe this is actually happening. Not only can I spread the word of the Rayman 3 community I am a part of, but I/we could use this as a social gathering of all UK speed runners; imagine all of this but offline! It would be so great. Thank you so much for doing all of this.
This event is sounding pretty good,  I run Majora's Mask and probably some other stuff by then. Might know people who would like to come and/or run other stuff too.
Edit history:
gcah2006: 2018-09-02 06:01:48 am
-
Sounds fun to me, there are a couple of things I could run...
Edit history:
YuKitty: 2014-02-01 11:04:39 am
Thank you everyone! I'm equally as excited although just as nervous. I really think this is a good idea as we need such an event in the UK to promote speedrunning and expand the communities involved. For those who know runners or are part of communities feel free to spread the word! I'm interested in the games you all run! I'll look into making a form that people can fill out. It won't be a definite sign-your-soul form, it's just so I get an idea of how many people, who and what games to expect.
Sounds good, I think Google Docs does a good job in making forms like that, shouldn't be too hard c:
This sounds really great to me and there are a couple of things I'd like to run. I'm up in Scotland, but that shouldn't be too hard of a trip to make.
Sounds awesome!  I live in London so it shouldn't be too much of a trek.  I would be interested in running something.  Not sure what yet!
That's the power of the Keyyyblaaade
I'm based in Aberdeen but I'd gladly make the trip down for this! Not enough events in Europe let alone the UK, so I'm super looking forward to this! The only problem with Easter for me would be getting time off work, since it'd be just after everyone gets their annual holiday allowances, and it'd be pretty safe to assume that everyone will be wanting to book holidays off, but at the same time I can always figure something out. Smiley
Ah yes good idea Mooo! I'll get onto that ASAP. Josh has used Google Docs so if I'm stupid enough to get stuck then he can help Tongue

I'm glad that more and more people are becoming interested! It seems a few people are on the other side of the UK whether Scotland or even Ireland but it shouldn't be too hard to get here. A long journey but not a difficult one. I'm happy to talk to anyone who is worried about travel and I will help out with information and advice if anyone needs it. We've got a few people up in the Midlands who can drive and have offered to provide lifts if needed. When it's closer to the date I'll get any information and see if we can get seats booked up for those who could do with the help.

It's difficult to arrange a time that is perfect with everyone but I will try my best. Right now I'm aiming for the Easter holidays (ideally 4th-12th April) so that people are off for school/college/uni and hopefully work. I won't make any dates permanent until I've discussed this with the venue and its around 2 months before the event but it will definitely be in April sometime.
You can never run enough games
Apologies in advance if I missed something, but is this happening this year (2014) or are you avoiding that and planning for 2015? There seems to be conflicting information in some of the posts in this thread, and as much as I would like to come, it's probably unlikely I would be able to if it's this year.
It is in 2015. Not this year because it's too short notice to organise it and afford it.
Edit history:
MLSTRM: 2014-02-02 12:05:39 pm
You can never run enough games
Ah ok thanks!

I was just a bit confused by this sentence:
Quote from YuKitty:
It's difficult to arrange a time that is perfect with everyone but I will try my best. Right now I'm aiming for the Easter holidays (ideally 4th-12th April) so that people are off for school/college/uni and hopefully work. I won't make any dates permanent until I've discussed this with the venue and its around 2 months before the event but it will definitely be in April sometime.

Specifically the 2 months before bit, since it is February Wink
She means she'll probably set a definite date about 2 months before that time.
What Mooo says Tongue

Since we've got 14 months to go it's a bit early to set a final date. Not only do I still need to talk to the venue but things can change. I will probably leave it until next January or February before deciding on a definite date unless the venue require me to book earlier. We'll see. But I do plan for it to be April due to the whole Easter theme. It's just the actual date such as early mid or late April is still to be decided but I plan for middle.
Have you spoke to the owners of the venue?
I have contacted the venue yes and we're looking into having a meeting to discuss everything.
http://www.twitch.tv/lildingus
I can bring down pal versions of the following: PS3, Gamecude with gameboy player, Snes, Wii, N64 and a sega master system.
For the life of me i have no clue where i have put any of my ntsc consoles
Would love to come to this for sure, but there is one thing that could be a problem.

Has anyone here heard of the I-series? Its a large UK Lan that runs 3 times a year and one of them runs over the Easter period. I am not sure how that will affect most but its something to keep in mind.

Do you mean Insomnia? I was recently told about it and it sounds awesome. I know that it is running from 18th - 21st April which is cool as that's when my birthday is so might see if I can go to it :'3 As mentioned in a previous post I'm aiming for the dates 4th-12th. I can't say how long the event will be though as it all depends on how many runners we get.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
*highfives YuKitty, the late April child* :3
:3

You an April child too?