--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

U.N. Squadron (ntscus) (snes) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Easy]

Decision: Accept

Reason: There are not many shmups on sda, but if there are enough gameplay elements that impacts the time (lag management, menu work, route, boss fights etc), then those games can certainly be acceptable.

Congratulations to 'Hayate1129'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

U.N. Squadron (ntscus) (snes) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Easy]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/unsquadron-any-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
A/V is good except the video starts with a failed run. Will have to be edited.

Player gains control at 4:15 and loses it at 23:54 making this a 19:39 run.

Since the game is mostly an auto scroller, the game become about optimal menu navigation, quick kills on bosses and level clear bonuses as small as possible. The game gives back money for unused special weapons and the runner makes sure to use most of them during the stage.

Mission 1: Nothing to say here.
Mission 2 : Boss goes down quickly thanks to Cluster and Mega Crush.
Mission 3 : Boss goes down in one fly through! Amazing!
Mission 4 : Should probably have used the Mega Crush. Picked up the weapon powerup to increase the amount of Thunder Laser that are immediately used to kill the boss efficiently.
Mission 5 : Boss goes down in one fly through thanks to optimal weapon usage as well as positioning allowing to dodge the cannon fire, which hurts big time.
Mission 6 : Great weapon usage on the boss which stops it's most devastating attack : the homing missile cluster bomb.
Mission 7 : I remember the boss to be much more difficult than what the runner makes it look. Gun Pod is mandatory to gun it down quickly.
Final Mission : Goes back to the F14 Tomcat because it can use the Super Shell, mandatory for a quick helicopter boss kill. The weapon powerup means he has plenty of Super Shell, Cluster and Thunder Laser to kill both the helicopter fast and the final boss. The final boss is hidden inside the boss but since the Thunder Laser and Cluster go through solid objects, the runner can get a lot of hits even if the weak spot is not immediately accessible.

Need to mention that thanks for optimal cash usage, the player does not need the trucks bonus and thus completely skips two stages (Sky 2 and Submarine). He also uses the optimal plane for each stage containing only the special weapons needed, avoiding unnecessary cycling during levels.

It's a great run and a very ACCEPT from me.
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
A/V: Good - (Cut out failed attempt)
Cheating: None
Gameplay: from what I can see it all looks very good I can't see any slow downs and even if they are there no ones going to know Tongue Keeper has a more indepth analysis and clearly more knowledge of the game therefore refer to his notes for the details.

ACCEPT!
F*ckin' sanity effects...
2 false starts in the video aside, this is really, really good.  Powerup menu navigation, plane purchases, and boss fights are all really well done.  The one-cycle fortress in the third level is a highlight, along with the sixth mission boss (excellent timing destroying the enemy weapon) and the seventh (no fear as the flames close in from both sides, just finishing it off with the gun pod).  Sub-boss on final mission is pretty outstanding too.  Really nice run.  ACCEPT.
Decision posted.