Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Two Crude Dudes (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Sean 'MURPHAGATOR!' Murphy!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Two Crude Dudes (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/twocrudedudes/TwoCrudeDudes_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Feb. 16, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
A/V good, no cheating detected

Timing appears to be 19:51, but I didn't time to the frame and I'm not 100% on when control is lost.

I can't find any major fault with the run.  Things die quickly, AI is manipulated (quite amusingly in several instances) and game mechanics are abused.  "RIGHT ON!" indeed.

Accept
Never played this game. I agree with what AlecK47 says (I haven't timed it though).

ACCEPT
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2014-02-05 08:46:10 pm
All the things
AV good and no cheating. Small note that there's about a second of a previous attempt in the video before the run starts, and the video can also probably end 30 seconds earlier.

Having spent some time playing this game, I can add a few things:
-Grabbing things is not nearly as easy as Murph makes it look.
-Several of the mobs and enemies are stupidly annoying to deal with. I mean this both in the sense of trying to fight them as well as getting them to spawn correctly. Murph does a great job planning out each section of a stage in terms of maximizing the potential of thrown objects.
-Boss fights are more annoying than they should be. Murph manipulates the patterns to work out in his favor, but oftentimes there's no "clean" fast solution.

All that said, the run was great. The enemies behaved for the most part and no major faults during boss fights. Some minor position optimizations could still fit in, but for the most part the planning and execution is solid. One thing I'm not sure of though is about alternate boss strategies. I'm curious what the exact timing difference is between throwing and "single-hit" strategies. The approach is mixed depending on the boss, but how much time is lost or gained depending on the strat used per cycle? I still think Boss 2 (sickle punk) has a more optimized strat somehow. I guess it just comes down to what the time difference is between a perfect 2-cycle single-hit vs a 1-cycle throw for each enemy. However it rolls out though, the difference isn't likely to be very much. The run is impressive enough regardless.

ACCEPT
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
That dude is pretty crude.  No A/V Issues or cheating detected.

There's not a lot to say really, enemies are taken out quickly at what appear to be optimal speeds, the breakdancing during the down time is quite impressive and the mid-air grabs just look very cool.

ACCEPT
Edit history:
honorableJay: 2014-02-11 04:38:04 pm
The Dork Knight himself.
A/V is good, no cheating from what I can tell.

So here's what the run has going for it:
1. It's Murph
2. X-rated dog-on-man-boob action!!
3. Breakdancing!!
4. 1 Crude Dude (much better than 2!!)
5. Power Cola!!
6. Hot tank lifting action!!

Here's what it doesn't have going for it:
1. 2CRUDE4U
2. Sissy Scientist
3. The other Crude Dude

I was debating whether or not to accept this just because I know how much Murph would LOVE to go for a lower time, but I think we can spare him the torture..........this time anyway.

Accept.
A/V is good, no cheating.

The AI manipulation really does make this game look much easier than it is. Very smart usage of the weapons to make otherwise stupid fights a breeze.

Also, grabbing things is nowhere near as consistent as this run makes it seem. I can only spot a few occasions where the runner has difficulty grabbing something, which is very good.

RIGHT ON.

Decision: Accept
Decision posted.