Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/TurokDH.html

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (Any %) (Single Segment) (Easy)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Natas Joplin'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (Any %) (Single Segment) (Easy)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/turok-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by June 6, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
Champloo: 2014-05-24 12:48:56 am
A/V: The audio, at least as far as I can determine, is all in the left channel. Quoting the wiki page https://kb.speeddemosarchive.com/Ways_to_get_your_run_rejected_for_video_quality says that audio should be in both channels or something along those lines. Video is fine. However, the credits and final in game cutscene/credits are cut out (skipped?, but then there's nothing after it, it's a very abrupt stop)

Time: First character input at 0:07, final input at 55:16 for a total time of 55:09

No Cheating

Gameplay is good for the limits of human play, as I am comparing the run with the TAS for reference, and FPS are difficult in general on a console, especially the N64.

Decision: Reject on grounds of audio/video (unless what I mentioned is acceptable, I'm just going by the page that I linked). Gameplay is fine, just reencode to fix the issues I mentioned and it would be acceptable. EDIT: I now accept this submission after reviewing the current (segmented) run which cuts parts of the credits out and clarification on audio issues. It's just a very abrupt cut that initially alarmed me in terms of video quality standards.
Not a walrus
If the audio is just all coming out of one channel, but nothing's actually missing, we can just duplicate it. If stuff is MISSING then we might have a problem, though.
Edit history:
Champloo: 2014-05-24 12:18:41 am
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
If the audio is just all coming out of one channel, but nothing's actually missing, we can just duplicate it. If stuff is MISSING then we might have a problem, though.

There's nothing relevant to the speedrunning aspect missing from the video, just the credits and ending cutscene are not in there, there's no inputs relevant after the video ends. Audio is all there, just all in the left channel. Could perhaps get the runner to clarify if they skipped it or if it was cut out, otherwise as I said run is fine. If I get clarification or a fix on that I'll promptly change my decision to accept.
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
So after ten years after being submitted by Marshmallow, someone has decided to step up and see for submitting an updated run of the game.

Champloo summarized the run perfectly and basically blows the existing run out of the water.  I did double check what he was talking about, and I saw that during the ending sequence of where everything is blowing up, the video just stops instead of showing "Game Over" and credits like the existing run.  That said though, there are plenty of games on SDA that skip showing the ending or the credits, and the run does reach its conclusion as the final boss falls, so in that regards, the video is fine.  I don't think anyone is going to call betrayal if they don't see the ending to Turok where he runs out of a place that is exploding.

Anyway: Accept.  Nice to see that games from over a decade ago can still get updated overtime ^_^
I never played Turok except for the 2nd sequel but I'm guessing the controls are the same, which can be complex to remember on the N64 controller.
overall smooth run. accept.
Decision posted.
Hello people :p. In regards to cutting out the ending credits, I simply was rather too happy after the run and didn't feel like patiently sitting through the credits. I kind off didn't think it through before stopping the recording abruptly during the credits, but I'm sure none of you all like ten minute credit scenes Ay?