--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Damn you Armadillon!!!!!

Watching...
Speedrunner
What I do know that the Armadillo will never come out of his shell if you stand on the far left or right. So you cant stand to close or he will roll to the other side. But thats about it.

Ive never gotten a perfect Armadillo and no clue on how they work. Ive tried jumping in a certain way, duck, shield, shieldjumping, etc. So I guess il just keep at it and hope i get the perfect armadillo and hope that I dont screw up when the time comes. :3
Master-88
My project break my old runs (2010-2014) continued.

Trojan 7:09.
6 seconds faster than year 2010 PB. 3 hours attempts ate skin my thumbs. Just play that more casual jobbing. I started project beat my year 2010-2014 NES recrods 3 months ago. That was 7th game got beated old run.
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2021-05-08 02:02:10 pm
MASTER-88: 2021-05-08 01:53:21 pm
Master-88
6:56 Trojan. But audio fucking got crash, some unknow reason. Its could be fixed for sure. Because its seem just sync trouble. But however. That was my one week progress in this game. Its lost 6 sec with Dxtr SDA run. When i recovery my bloody thumb this game will interested me again. 7:09 to 6:56 its take over 300 attempts and 6+2+4 hours recorded attempts. Many runs ended 7:00-7:05 before it. That was my first sub 7 minutes. I was very glad, that was not easy task.:) But however i did pretty crap 2-1 Armdillo compared my best fight. So 6:45 could be realistic time.

Well done and congrats on the sub-7. Looks good already. If you think you can improve some small things and then get a better first armadillo to get below 6:50, that would be pretty solid. Considering how annoying the controls are in this game, playing on keyboard is a pretty big advantage. So it's probably better to only compare with other console runs. A sub-6:50 or even down towards 6:45 would then be very good.
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2021-05-14 04:18:13 am
Master-88
Quote from ktwo:
Well done and congrats on the sub-7. Looks good already. If you think you can improve some small things and then get a better first armadillo to get below 6:50, that would be pretty solid. Considering how annoying the controls are in this game, playing on keyboard is a pretty big advantage. So it's probably better to only compare with other console runs. A sub-6:50 or even down towards 6:45 would then be very good.

Thanks.:) I am pretty familiar with controlls rightnow when i am keep speedrunning that game whole 2 weeks and spend around 700-800 trashed attempts, but yeah its really hurt my thumb few first days when i start play that game. I did little improvement. Nearly 4 seconds. 6:53:05 (previous run was 6:56:93). Its let some 3 seconds behind current SDA run and whole 14 seconds lost current WR speedrun.
Thanks pretty good armadillos with this time. I think manipulations those armadillos is spot where your stand. 2-1 Armadillo first round usually open when i stand far like this. If i come too close its never open it. 1-5 round manipulations. I am got twice perfect 2-1 armadillos all with no waste rolls, but those runs are always got dead. I usually reset if i got slower than 168-170 depend how well level 1 are. (my best 2-1 is 176 time remain) I did 171 with this time. Its above my avarage.

This new run contains some minor mistakes level 3-1 & 3-2 (total time lost 2-3 seconds). Level 4-1 starting bad, but really awesome RNG with end of the level. Biggest single mistake happen right before 2nd armadillo, when i attempt kill enemy my back and this very simple thing caused me some serious trouble and cost around 2 seconds. Though good RNG with armadillo (one waste round) save my run. Level 5 was great, but not my actual best. Level 6 was probably my best ever. Level 7 last boss, its still nice 196 timeremain, but contains two waste hit.

EDIT:
Also improvement my casual deathless low-% category with 58 seconds over my 2010 record. Its ended 9:18, death abuse will be faster category because you can fill your energy, but i wanted make deathless. Low-% is just more funthrough. Its impossible make perfect armadillo manipulations in this categopry when you not have any power ups.
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2021-05-14 07:05:46 am
MASTER-88: 2021-05-14 06:55:47 am
MASTER-88: 2021-05-14 06:48:33 am
Master-88
Quote:
Ive never gotten a perfect Armadillo and no clue on how they work. Ive tried jumping in a certain way, duck, shield, shieldjumping, etc. So I guess il just keep at it and hope i get the perfect armadillo and hope that I dont screw up when the time comes. :3

Thats old questions, but i am pretty sure how Armadillos actually working. I did several emulator test and best example is armadillo level 1-2 SEWERS. When you keep always same rhythm its 90% of the time open pixel where you got that POWER Upgrade. Thats rhythm seems working also level 2-1 Armadillo. I am got twice my perfect level 2-1 Armadillo, using rules like this. My consistent increase around 50% when i knew how this actually working. I just make some hidden walk about pixels where you got open it. Somereason 4-2 is always harder for me, because speed power up make its harder IMO.

In fact its just mostly luck. One pixel wrong and its goes wrong. Also 4 rolls is usually slowest possible, but very rarery i am got 5 rolls. I think its just land pixel which determine this armadillo manipulation. Its seems little bit like Little Nemo Penguin fight. Wrong part not cause damage with boss.

I think Ktwo is TAS expert and can explain that better. But for sure its not really human hands. Never goes too close Armadillo before first roll. Then its never ever open it. Just keep distance. 4th rolls open nearly always, but sometimes its goes 5 round. I think game change round pixel per every armadillo rolls.