Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Fool in the rain
Hey guys, I'm back with touch of lunacy yet to be showcased in a more public medium.

[To understand better why my masochistic self made this video, go watch the AVGN's Transformers episode and come back here afterwards.]

Today I'd like to present to you the Transformers: Convoy No Nazo [Mystery Of Convoy] / [Mystery Of Optimus Prime] No Damage challenge.
It is done playing as the default character (not that the extra character changes anything but color) and offers one simple rule: Beat this unfair nightmare of a horrible game. It was done using the infinite continues password and nothing else. No saved states or anything of sorts.

I wanted to do a 100% showcase of the entirety of the game to give it some exposure, and well, because I'm a masochist. What you are watching is a compilation of every single successful  run of each stage put together to a small variety of audio selections, which I find myself hoping fits the footage.

- NOTE: I've left the STAGE 9 Tile screen appear in the video. There's a lot of stages in the game, but Stage 9 is rather infamous and I wanted to give it a proper highlight so it receives a bit more attention. It was clearly inspired by Mario Bros's maze level and I kinda like it, even if the execution was a bit more cruel in this game's version of it.

It is notorious for being one heck of a bad / difficult / cheap / horribly designed / heavily flawed piece of garbage, and since I love going through unnecessary hell so much, I figured why not do a No Damage showcase of the entirety of the game?

The controls are slippery, the music is repetitive, the difficulty is cheaper than the artificial difficulty found in Mega Man X6 and the game is literally indescribable. James Rolfe [The Angry Video Game Nerd] did an entire episode dedicated to showcasing just why this game is so horrible, I heavily suggest watching it.

I guess in a sense, this is my personal response to James. I did it so no one else on the internet had to, I did it so it so that I was able to claim it had been done by someone, somewhere.

If you think this video is meant to inspire anyone to play the game, you're horribly misguided [And I am at fault for this]. This video is a testament to masochism and in a sense, it's what I do best. I do not recommend this video game title unless you are, like me, sitting in a dark room with a laptop, a desire for needless nerdy suffering and free time on your hands.

Regardless...yes I love the game, because, well I just can't really explain why correctly. It's an infamous piece of gaming history that has its fun moment when you dig deep enough within the crap that covers about 98% of the experience. There were some neat ideas here and there, but god damn, this is really a niche game, and I don't even think the word niche describes it correctly.

Anyway, my conclusion to this rambling is that I went through this nightmare so that no one else had to, I hope I saved a few innocent and curious souls out there.

Audio Selection:
Transformers: Mystery Of Convoy - Rock Metal Cover
Ko0X - Starlight Sugar Moon
Fearofdark - Polaris
Disease - Beautiful insanity
Thread title: