1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
AV is good. No cheating, of course. Real time from the gain of control to the final end run minus loading screens, I'm timing it at 5:16. The run category should specify this is Classic Mode.

This is a great run, and the execution is beautiful. There are a few executional and routing mistakes here and there, but they don't cost too much time.

Accept.

Edited my time estimate to account for loading screens.

Quote:
I think the execution in the run itself is really good; a few seconds lost on Kyoto but his Chicago was awesome. I'd question if there was a faster route on  Minneapolis, but I know the route in this run is a lot more reliable/is still solid, so I can go with it.

An issue I could bring up with the run though is that the runner did not optimize his stats at the start of the run to stack onto the speed stat, but to how much time this would save I don't know (it wouldn't improve the time too much I don't think).

No cheating and ok AV: Accept

Quote:
video/audio is fine, alot of dot crawl but its not the first run with that.

gameplay is crazy.

time is something that im not sure of. starting the timer the first frame Minneapolis is visible, and removing all load screens (and the little "delay" after selecting the level), and ending as soon as the congratulations! box is fully visible, i get a time of 5:15 - i attached the cut video if you wanna take a look.
i think that someone who knows more than me about timing tony hawk games should do the final time though..

accept! hopefully we might see a story mode run someday, lovely game.

Quote:
A/V is good. Gameplay is excellent. Timing ended up at 5:16.

There are some small mistakes here and there, but that is expected from a fast-paced game like THAW. Most of the time, the runner makes it look like a walk in the park and that alone is enough for me to give it a thumbs up. Great use of glitches, effective routing and zero bails makes this run SDA worthy without a doubt. The bails at the end of the video looks quite painful though, I'm glad that my skating carrer ended before I hurt myself that badly...

Accept!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Noodlez!'
Thread title:  
Edit history:
DJS: 2013-08-30 02:27:15 pm
torch slug since 2006
might wanna change Any% to Classic Mode, as the first verifier says. Any% should be story mode once that comes around.

congrats anyway!

edit: 2000 posts...
YEAH! Thank you guys Smiley

I firstly thought about running the story mode, but i quickly realized it was not worth the watch at all! The story mode of THAW is really boring since you have to go back to the skate ranch a LOT of times and the goals aren't really interesting at all, unfortunately!

And yes, doing small mistakes is a hard thing to avoid when you run a game of this type, let's say that the plan was doing the less i can.

Thanks to the verifiers and special thanks to George!

Waiting hurts my soul...
Another game off the request thread!
SDA noob question: when does the game page appears? Smiley
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Noodlez:
SDA noob question: when does the game page appears? Smiley

Whenever it's posted on the SDA front page, which will take some time. It's only completed verification. There's other things left to do including timing, page creation, etc.
True that it actually takes time :S almost 5 months since i've recorded this video!
Vanilla H is mai waifu
there's only one person to do this ?