Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Flip: 2012-05-15 11:42:31 am
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Segmented any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
The video and audio is good (except for the fact that I can't stand the voice acting Tongue )

As for the run I've only seen a few minor mistakes making up for a few seconds at most, otherwise an impressive run. The only thing that bothers me is how to time the final segment, from start to the piont the pig hits the bag I get it to 2.36 but that's with the 18-19 seconds from the savescreen to first control of Tombi. I'd say the time could be anything from 2.07 - 2.55(the time when the bag disappears) for the final segment depending on when you start and end the timing.

This is an accept for me. Congratulations Smiley

Quote:
A/V is good. No signs of cheating. It should be noted this is being played on PAL because I can see a noticeable difference in frame rate compared to the NTSC-U version.

I've been looking forward to seeing a run of this game for a while and I'm glad someone picked it up. Unfortunately, cutscenes are really long and you can't skip them. You can however skip dialogue which makes it much more tolerable.

The gameplay itself was really solid. At some parts, it looks like the runner was a bit slow at throwing enemies after grabbing them, but I would just blame that on the PAL's slower frame rate. Even then, it's very minimal.

The only complaint I have in this run is the end of segment 6 where the runner got hit a couple of times trying to take out the ghost guardian. Given this is segmented, he should've been able to grind it out better. What I would've tried is attacking from the right and grab on the wall so you don't fall in the water. This, again, is minimal though and it happened at the end of the segment. It's also the only thing I could see as a minor slip up.

oh, and one more complaint...Zippo's voice actor is so much better in German than he is in English! He's so annoying in English! lol

Anyway, it's a really good run that was optimized and executed really well.

Accept.

Quote:
Hey there. I'm sorry because I totally forgot about this, and also I've been a bit busy lately. Anyway here is my verification, and a few more screenshots.

Good audio and video quality. There are a few moments where music skips or stops playing for half a second, probably just a game disc issue.

No cheating, no inconsistencies between segments.

Gameplay is very good overall. Evil pigs fights are impressive, all of them were caught very fast. There are some tiny mistakes here and there but they only add a few seconds over the whole run. The most notable one is in the 6th segment, fighting the big ghost; it could be done about 5 seconds faster.

About the timing, I think the last segment should end in 2:36 (check the last attached screenshot), since you lose the control of Tombi there, however a couple of messages are skipped afterwards, so the actual end of player input is at 2:53.

It's an accept from me.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Chris-X!
Thread title:  
Thank you very much everyone!
I'm already working on my next run.
Socially awkward ;P
How long is this run ? Because I did (not recorded) a single segment of ~1h 50m. (first attempt + stupid deaths)
Quote from skychase2rebirth:
How long is this run ? Because I did (not recorded) a single segment of ~1h 50m. (first attempt + stupid deaths)

~1h 27m