Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-05-06 03:11:12 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/TombRaider2.html

Tomb Raider 2 (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
My decision is to reject this run because of recording issues in Barkhang Monastery (the runner mentions them in his comments). In my opinion, those issues destroy the run's A/V quality (which is very good apart from that) and the video doesn't comply with the high standard of SDA.

That's a pity because the time is very good, especially for a single segment run. Except for Dragon's Lair, where Lara is set on fire, and the search for the uzis there're only little mistakes. Besides all tricks and glitches are used (as far as I know). So congratulations to the runner anyway!

My suggestion is to segment the run because shorter parts are better to record (I hate FRAPS, too).
Sorry, but this is a reject for me.

Quote:
I'm gonna have to reject on that, yeah.

Haveo nly watched the great wall so far, which was pretty awesome. Looks like it was a solid run, so it would be a shame.

Quote:
^Ditto, only able to watch the first two levels so far and looked great but I can't accept that..

*pertinent part of the run shown to nate*

*nate concurs that we must reject*

Decision: Reject

Reason: Bad A/V issues ruin one section of the run (also makes it virtually untimeable) and also makes the runner stop playing and stand still for ~10 seconds to fix the problem. Unfortunate, but also unacceptable.

This run will be available for a month. After that this link will no longer work.
http://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/407
Thread title:  
What a shame. SDA really needs a new TR2 run.
Edit history:
Lenophis: 2013-05-06 07:16:34 pm
0-10
Ok, having downloaded the video and looked, and I will say that I disagree with the rejection based on the "issue."

The game starts to chug along at about 52:48 in, the runner "pauses" at 54:06 to fix whatever the issue is, then resumes and the game plays at full framerate again at 54:17. The runner plays through the horrendous lag (I guess it's lag?) until the pause point, probably stopping at 54:06 because it's probably the only safe spot to do so. The actual A/V quality doesn't seem to be affected, other than the chugging the game does, possibly because of FRAPS. It is worth noting that I did see an indicator at the bottom right corner of the video at 54:15, were FRAPS/game restarted?
HELLO!
Well if the recording stops entirely and restarts then that would be a real problem I would think.
0-10
Potentially, yeah, but I'm not entirely sure how FRAPS works since I can't even get it to work. Just trying to get some light shed, here.
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
I had not watch the run and had not play the game.

You mean a red corner number ?
Is it happen in the loading screen ?
Or is it happen in the gameplay ?

When yes to 1, than is 2 normal. But point 3 is not single segment.
1-Up!
From the runner comments-
Quote:
On this level I had a lot of recording issues that made me stop the capture for some frames to get my fps back.

Stopping/Starting your capture in a SS run for anything other than disk-swap is going to be a deal-breaker. Not to mention that happens in an area with time-dependent events (boulders), we can't confirm how long the capture was stopped and there's no evidence that the game was paused in the interim.

Sucks but I have to reject this.
0-10
Indeed, glad that was clarified.

Quote from Flip:
Sucks but I have to reject this.
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
yes, understand.

The best is to produce Single Segment runs on Win7 or higher, because Winxp will stop after 4GB files. Fraps will capture videos with unlimited file size on Win7.
I'm the runner who made the run.
Quote:
Stopping/Starting your capture in a SS run for anything other than disk-swap is going to be a deal-breaker. Not to mention that happens in an area with time-dependent events (boulders), we can't confirm how long the capture was stopped and there's no evidence that the game was paused in the interim.

I recorded it on twitch here is the link of the attempt. Look at 1:08:00.

http://www.twitch.tv/timmyakmed/b/358125930

We can see my browser in front of the screen at a moment  but the capture is still active then you can see how much time the capture was stopped. The In-game timer continue even if the game's windows isn't active so you can compare the "visible" gameplay and the end message. So if I had stopped the capture for more than a minute or an hour the end message would have been + 1 hour or + 1 minute.

I hope it will help to change your decision :S I know theses problems are a lot but stop reject all my runs please haha
1-Up!
Sorry Timmy, but the decision here is final. I recommend using our forums to post your WIPs and get feedback from other members. Doing so will make it more likely that your runs will pass verification.
so unlucky akmed if this is not your first reject... for technical reasons especially if it was that before.