List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
SDAVerification: 2017-08-22 11:55:15 pm
SDAVerification: 2014-10-30 01:39:13 am
UraniumAnchor: 2014-10-04 10:04:14 pm
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Any %) (Segmented) (Hard)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'triblast55'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Any %) (Segmented) (Hard)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/doubleagent/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Oct. 16, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Definitely will give this one attention.
If this is single segment why are there 11 segments? o.o
Not a walrus
Thought somebody fixed that. Sorry.

Also, the runner originally called this "ILs" but I don't think that applies to this game.
Edit history:
Onin: 2014-10-05 06:50:13 am
These are definitely not ILs, as there's saving happening inside the levels.
I see the heavy stuttering in the first two missions was already fixed. Kinshasa still has it after the 10+ minute mark, so that'll have to be fixed too. There's also a bit of extra footage before JBA 4.

I'm a bit in two minds about this. The runner clearly uses the fastest routes through the levels, with no hesitation. There's a few optional objectives skipped to save time, though not as many as I was expecting. The only part I thought questionable was saving the woman on the bus at Kenshasa; I'm not sure how much NSA trust it'd cost but surely enough to still be able to kill Hisham later? Couldn't say.

The segmentation in some of the levels is very aggressive, but it's only used to avoid detection. All in all it seems like the strategies used are efficient, but not very high risk. Especially Sea of Okhotsk left me wondering how much more aggressive an approach would still be feasible.

If both the strats and segmentation are specifically tailored to 100% stealth completion, and this run is meant to be that, then it's all fine. But it's tagged as just any%, so unless not getting 100% loses time elsewhere (trust?) it's just a hinderance.
Not a walrus
This run is marked as "100% stealth" in the submission form, but is that a different enough category from playing it normally?
Edit history:
Onin: 2014-10-05 01:49:11 pm
I think it's been used as a sort of 100% for other Splinter Cell games, but Double Agent has optional objectives that are tallied and this run skips several of them for speed, so I don't know if you can really call it 100% in that situation (the end of Shanghai even warns about all the failed NSA objectives). The gameplay is definitely different since you could just kill as many guards as allowed in every level, instead of having to sneak past them while still being fast. I just don't know if it can be called 100%.
"100% stealth" refers to the "stealth score" at the end of each level. In previous games, or at least Chaos Theory, 100% really meant completing all objectives.
So it's Any% with the aim of going for a special rank if you wanna call it like that.

As for IL, you can select the levels just as in the previous games that have IL runs. Only difference is that you actually unlock items here, but I don't know if he uses them.
Quote from ymh:
"100% stealth" refers to the "stealth score" at the end of each level. In previous games, or at least Chaos Theory, 100% really meant completing all objectives.
So it's Any% with the aim of going for a special rank if you wanna call it like that.

wouldn't that still be a different category run and not any%?! am I missing something here :S
Quote from Soliduz Znake:
Quote from ymh:

wouldn't that still be a different category run and not any%?! am I missing something here :S

If you ask me it doesn't have to be titled Any% at all, only best time on Hard difficulty, and if it's IL or not.
Question is whether 100% stealth isn't too arbitrary a category, whether there's enough difference from any% and 100% to accept it alongside those.
Well I kinda regard that category like going for the Foxhound rank in a MGS game. So it's like Any% + going for a special rating/rank.
We're willing to accept the "100% stealth" designation for this game, on the basis of YMH's argument - it's in the vein of a special rank (though not explicitly so). Other restrictions based on the final score screen (e.g. 0 kills, 0 KOs), however, would not be accepted.

That said, can I get at least one more accept/reject response here? So far I only see Onin's accept.
Edit history:
Soliduz Znake: 2014-10-26 02:28:28 pm
Soliduz Znake: 2014-10-26 02:27:39 pm
I will give my response once I rewatch all the segments. I think there were questionable methods in some videos.

in mission 4 why did the runner resort to shooting some of the crew on the ship instead of killing them all the faster way?
Edit history:
Judgy: 2014-10-26 04:42:55 pm
Judgy: 2014-10-26 04:36:43 pm
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
A / V : good there are a few moments in mission 9 which I'm not sure if its lag or if it's the camera getting bumped around by the props (chain-link fences, the decorative light thingy in the meeting room and the tower during the ladder climb) that looks kinda nasty, but all-in-all its good quality.

Cheating : None

I don't know the game well enough to be critical about it but, it looks like a well executed run I'm not sure what Znake is referring to on Mission 4 but maybe the runner could justify his choice (or Znake could describe the quicker method)

unless something about Mission 4 makes the run completely invalid I'm giving this an ACCEPT. 
Mission 4 looked kind of awkward to me as well, but I assume the conservative approach is a matter of not causing detections that'd reduce his trust level, or something of the sort. You'd assume some practiced knowledge of guard positioning would allow you to take blind shots instead of taking some time to line everything up perfectly, but if a single mistake across every guard would force a reset, it's more understandable.
I thought that was the case too for mission 4 but it never hurts to be sure. anyways the run is really good. well use of whistling to divert NPC attention. Accept
by the way anyone timed run? strange its not mentioned the total time.
Decision posted.