Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (Any %) (Individual Level) (pal) (ps3)

Decision: Reject

Reason: Needs better execution

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/1013/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Run Information

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (Any %) (Individual Level) (pal) (ps3)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/tcrsv2/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by May 5, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Wake up and be awesome
INCOMPLETE

A/V looks good, no signs of cheating
From what I can remember, RSV2 is a very unforgiving and very hard game. It also has very random AI, so some of the pauses are excusable, but over all, it still looks sloppy is my opinion. i'd like to see what other people think of the run before I post the verdict
XCOM Timesheet: http://goo.gl/BWDqbC
I was hesitant to weight in on this thread due to my own limited experience with the game. However since it's been a week now, I figured that my opinion would at least be more valuable than no opinion.

I pretty much agree with Hobos assessment on the salient points. A/V is fine, no cheating evident, and RSV2 is a very hard game with quite a few random elements. I also agree that the run is sloppy, sometimes painfully sloppy, and includes many deaths which waste a substantial amount of time. If this run was submitted as single segment, I might still consider recommending that it be accepted but the tipping point for me is that it was submitted as an IL table. Even in a game as brutal as RSV2 I have to expect, in an IL table where the runner gets to retry each level multiple times and submit the best results, that there be less major deaths and time losses. When you compare this run the the other rainbow 6 game on this site (Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield) which is also an extremely challenging game with random elements, the difference is just too much for me to be able to recommend anything but REJECT.
Wake up and be awesome
Alright, at least one response is better than none happy
Basically what Paperboat said, overall, it really is a sloppy run to say the least. This game is VERY unforgiving, don't get me wrong, but unfortunately if you want a run on SDA, it's gonna require much more work and patience than usual, and I just don't see that in this run.

I'd love to help with this run if at all possible, and get it up to a higher quality of gameplay, and I highly encourage the runner to give this game another go around Smiley
thank you all for the responses. I forgot to cancel this submission and I should have made a planning thread of this game. sorry for the clumsiness.

Hobo have you beaten this game? just wondering what tips you have for this game that I haven't done in the videos. thanks.
Q: is it acceptable to simply re-run the ones that are rejected or are all the IL runs rejected?
XCOM Timesheet: http://goo.gl/BWDqbC
I think all of them are improvable but some are significantly more improvable than others. The rule for verification is that the run should not be easily beatable. If you feel like you've had runs which would be quite difficult to improve, feel free to keep them, and as you are retrying levels, keep that guideline in mind.
I'm sure some like earlier missions are well but I'll try re-running all of them just to be sure and also I might get some favorable RNG. If not then re-upload the good ones.
Wake up and be awesome
I'm not sure if you'll read this here, but I'll also post this in the planning thread as well. I think I saw a R6V run that included an interesting glitch that might be used in R6V2
that would be really cool Hobo. Would love to see a video of that in the planning thread. thanks. Cheesy
Decision posted.
Cool to see a run of this game. This one definitely needs some work though. I tried jotting some problems I saw that was suboptimal on convention IL.  You relied a bit too much on AI to score kills instead of yourself, they are not programmed to be speedrunning so their kills will always be slower than yours. Pull up map WAY too often like you dont know what your route is or cant hear where enemies are(they do make sound even when not firing). Backtracking to the loadout box cost some time instead of doing it right away.Slow reaction to enemies behind, were you surprised?. Not much sprinting seen in the run unless it is literally "safe".It would be cool if you can see if this game has any sequence breaking, try if you can just go past alot of enemies and where the end point of one level is instead of doing the objectives. Some games assume you  killed all the baddies when you actually were just running to the end Cheesy