Smiley
Sad
<- 1234567 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Damn, that's unfortunate to hear about the load differences. Usually it's the other way around, so that's strange. I'm not sure why NesNero used the route he did. Seems pretty unoptimal. A few suboptimal kills in there, too. If you could figure out a way to time loads that'd probably be the best way to go. Can you time the loads of a player running on PS4? Not really sure how all that works. Also your autosplit script works for any route since it just splits on a kill, right?
Also I'm new to Speedrun.com so I'm not sure what the procedure is. How would we go about adding hard any% and hard all bosses to the categories?
Edit history:
Angrevol: 2015-04-19 03:38:56 am
Angrevol: 2015-04-19 03:38:10 am
It will work for any route that doesn't include Truth. I'll get around timing ps4 loads but they seem crazy fast. A few frames for the fastest. The issue with Truth's kill is that it happens on the splash resume screen thing after the credits.

Probably ask the mods of this game for speedrun.com
Oh, so using it on a run with Truth won't work at all, or would you simply have to manually split on Truth? And alright then, I tweeted one of the mods about adding the hard categories.
You'd have to either manually split on truth or deduct credits/cutscene
Had a pretty clean All Bosses run last night. Died on Truth, and used a sub-optimal Mushroom kill, but everything else went pretty well.

Radicool
Well I rolled into the truth door after killing Soul and it crashed the game is this a common thing?
Yes, you have to reset the game after beating Soul to skip the credits without crashing the game.
Edit history:
Dacciox: 2015-04-20 07:49:44 am
twitch.tv/dacciox
The optimal solution for the loading time differences on PC would be the autosplitter, which excludes loading times.
I don't know if an autosplitter for PS4 is somehow possible so that could be a problem I guess?

If the removing of loading times doesn't work, I would suggest that we find a way to exclude them manually (which could get pretty annoying).
They would pretty much kill the competition between close times, as they will probably cost up to 10-20 seconds depending on the differences.

*Also I would appreciate if somebody could ask Reyneur for Mod status on the leaderboard, so I am not the only one to contact on things related to it, because it seems like he is currently inactive regarding Titan Souls.

Radicool
I would really appreciate the removal of load times in the auto splitter script since my load times are really bad and retiming my run would be a huge pain in the ass. It just sucks that you cant really do that on the ps4
Got a deathless 100%

tried to work a bit on loading times removal, some progress but nothing conclusive yet, will keep you updated.
Edit history:
Tohloo: 2015-04-20 10:39:09 pm
Tohloo: 2015-04-20 10:27:07 pm
Radicool
Sorry guys, all your runs are dead.All you have to do is wiggle up against the wall to clip through it.I haven't figured out a way to clip back into the arena to face him by doing the same thing.

I dunno if you can still fight truth if you skip that boss or if it should be kept as part of all bosses if you can (I think it should still be part of all bosses).But if you do have to kill him as part of all bosses what you could do is the infinite roll glitch to make the climb to soul a bit quicker, this also skips a part of the soul acquiring animation.I'll do video on this later to see if its feasible.
Wow! Nice find! I think I want to test it out too to see what you can do with it Tongue
Edit history:
Angrevol: 2015-04-21 06:31:28 am
Pretty nice!

You'd still have to kill him for 100% yeah, truth's door activates at 18+ kills.
Radicool
Here's how you could to do Gol-Set for all bosses it only saves a couple of seconds, but is still really cool
Haha Cheesy Looks stupid but definetly will use! Thanks for sharing
Hey Angrevol,

You'd think I'd know this stuff considering how long I've been speedrunning, but I have no idea how to use your autosplit script. Any chance you could give me quick pointer as to where I input the info in your .txt?

Also, has anyone done any additional testing and come to any conclusions on whether the forest route or ice area route is faster? According to one person's tests ice seemed a bit faster, but they were very close so I don't want to draw any conclusions.
Radicool
I use the script in LiveSplit, you have to go edit layout then the + sign and select scriptable auto splitter and then select the .txt file with the script in it
Got it, thanks! I was looking around in the 'edit splits' area. Never would have thought to look under the layout settings.
Anyone else having trouble getting the Gol-Set skip to work reliably? It only clips through the wall sometimes for me.
Radicool
I'm not quite sure but I think it has something to do with how tall he gets, if you can see his "hips" like in the video you should an easier time.If you wait for 2 fist pounds instead of you should have an easier time/
Hmm, I tried waiting for two pounds instead and don't seem to be having better luck. Are you able to reproduce it every time?
Radicool
Nope, I wish I could come up with a better explanation but I really don't know what to say
Darn, I really hope someone figures out a way to make it work every time then, because having a chance-based thing right at the end of the run would be a pretty big downer.