--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Sacrifices: 2013-11-26 04:45:36 pm
Sacrifices: 2013-11-26 04:45:24 pm
Help
Doesn't work. Every time I try to change the background, it doesn't.
Intruding N313 and F014
What is happening?  What filename are you using?  It is easier to put the image in the same folder and put only the filename(no path) of the image as the filename.
may use a few too many Kappas
Okay guys, simple ShitSplit question. Is there a way to resize the text? I can't read my own splits!
Open ShitSplit.py and look for line 32, should say this:

self.SSFont = tkf.Font(family='Sheldon', size=9)
may use a few too many Kappas
There it is. And the size was set to... 5? Well no wonder. Now I can actually read it! For anyone else with this problem, you should be able to right-click ShitSplit.py and "Edit with IDLE."

Okay, now that I can see my splits, I now see a problem with the decimal support. It runs into a lot of problems when there's a 0 in the tenths or hundredths digit.

The game I'm trying to use this with is Cruis'n USA for the N64, specifically the Cruise the USA mode. All of the leaderboards for the game are in game time so it only makes sense to use game time. By default, the ingame times for each of the 14 tracks are as follows:

1:45.00
1:45.01
1:45.02
1:45.03
and so on and so on up to 1:45.13 since there are 14 tracks in the game. The sum of these times should be 24:30.91. This is what ShitSplit gives me:

http://i.imgur.com/VOe8bNG.png

The Beverly Hills split should be 8:45.10, not 8:45.01, and it throws everything else off.

I then tried to put in my splits from my PB. My split times should be as follows:

1:31.40
2:57.50
4:32.53
5:55.43
7:16.76
8:51.83
10:14.00
11:26.60
12:50.20
14:13.07
15:49.17
17:12.70
18:35.83
19:47.10

However, ShitSplit gives me this (Python console included):

http://i.imgur.com/npfaCnr.png

The first split, 1:31.40, is displayed as 1:31:04. The third split, US 101, a time of 1:35.03, went in as 1:35.30. LA Freeway, a time of 1:35.07, went in as 1:35.70. Everything else seems to be fine.

EDIT: One more quirk happened when I saved the splits:

http://i.imgur.com/UIGqhWp.png
I am clearly missing something key to running any sort of time-slpitting software on my mac.  Every software i have downloaded so far opens just fine but doesn't allow me to do literally anything in the program.  i can't start/stop the timer, make splits, etc.  Absolutely nothing.  my system settings are correct.  i have the latest version of java.  i have the latest versions of each software.  nothing works at all.  And, apparently, no one else in the world has the same problems i'm having because i can't find how to fix it.  Clearly, i must be missing something extremely basic in running this software.  All i want to do is keep track of my best times without having to keep it all in a word document.
Intruding N313 and F014
Have you tried the Mac version of my Time Split Tracker?  It does not have any special requirements in order to run (this applies to all versions, and is the reason I started the project to begin with.)  Alternatively if you have WINE, you can use the Windows version of Time Split Tracker which has many more features than the Mac version at the moment.  I have been focusing on the Windows version lately, which I use for streaming on my Mac (and runs just fine)
Edit history:
DJS: 2013-12-12 09:05:58 am
DJS: 2013-12-12 09:03:41 am
torch slug since 2006
Keepsake66: did you try my fork of Splits?  (builds here: http://lambdan.com/stuff/Splits/)
if you can get the program to open, you can just hit numpad 0 or go into the menu bar and Timer > Start/Split...

re Splits in general: since i switched to windows for streaming (using my school laptop) i havent felt the urge to work on Splits, so its pretty dead atm.
Edit history:
DJS: 2014-03-03 08:16:43 am
DJS: 2014-03-03 08:16:08 am
DJS: 2014-03-03 07:54:19 am
DJS: 2014-03-03 07:51:32 am
DJS: 2014-03-03 07:42:48 am
DJS: 2014-03-03 07:42:25 am
DJS: 2014-03-03 06:24:45 am
DJS: 2014-03-02 01:50:53 pm
DJS: 2014-03-02 01:43:28 pm
torch slug since 2006
Splits 1.05a released.

Builds: http://lambdan.se/stuff/Splits/
Github: https://github.com/lambdan/Splits
Changelog: https://raw.github.com/lambdan/Splits/master/changelog.txt

Custom CSS is in, go crazy or even moe crazy! Since it's css, it's very easy to share themes like these.

On that note, if anyone who knows a bit more CSS than me could help me with this, that'd be great:
I want the timer to stick at the bottom of the window. If splits get beneath you can scroll those. Currently this can happen if you have too small window and too many splits. Oh, and if you know how to make the window automatically scroll to follow the current split that'd be great. The default CSS (that is loaded each time you start the program) can be found here: http://lambdan.se/splits.css
HELLO!
Hmm this is interesting.

Custom CSS + the full functionality of something like a Llanfair would be a really neat app.
torch slug since 2006
Yeah there's still a lot to do. Creating a new run will be my next priority probably since its kiiiñda important. I guess a delayed start and such would be good too. Gold splits too but those will be very hard. Oh and I should also make it save your settings to a config file. Thing I'm dreading most though is global hotkeys/custom hotkeys. What other functionality does Llanfair have that is super important?
HELLO!
The features I use of llanfair:

- Save best individual splits, display when a split was the best for that segment
- Edit splits (remove/reset segment times, best times, etc.)
- Skip a split/back up to a previous split
- Global hotkeys Smiley
- Per-split icons
Edit history:
dunnius: 2014-03-03 02:04:17 pm
Intruding N313 and F014
Presjpolk, you may as well begin working on the Mac version of Time Split Tracker, which has those features and more.  I am not going to be able to work on it, mostly because Objective C makes me want to puke, but I am busy with other things.  I'll send you the new code for the Windows version since I have added a few features.  Since most of the code is in the core class which does not need conversion (C++), it should be easy to convert the project.
HELLO!
No promises Sad  I got a full time job (which is great, really, because steady income) But 9-5 5 days a week really puts a crimp on a big side project like that.

Please do send it a long though and I'll take a look.

I'm torn. Three projects with real possibilities here.  Llanfair 2.0 rewrite could be great.  TST could be great.  DJS's project could be great.
In an effort to find a good solution for measuring game time with centiseconds (ShitSplit has a bug with that), I asked a friend to help.  His tag is marzojr. AKA flamewing, a Sonic TASer and hacker.

He made a spreadsheet for me with the correct formulas for this.  I modified it to be much cleaner, added conditional highlighting, and also made it work for classic Sonic games or anything else that uses game time but not centiseconds.

Download the attachment and customize it to your liking.
Attachment:
Edit history:
dunnius: 2014-03-08 07:03:50 pm
Intruding N313 and F014
Time Split Tracker should handle centiseconds accurately (even with WINE, which is how I have been running it with streaming with my 32 bit 10.6 machine)

As a side note, the reason it does not show the thousandths place is that I know that it would not be accurate and also there isn't much point for that much accuracy.
@tiburonCS
Is there anything tying Splits to OSX 10.8? I have 10.7 and it says 10.8 is the minimum. If there's some features or something that only works on 10.8 then that's fine.
Edit history:
DJS: 2014-03-09 06:52:37 am
DJS: 2014-03-09 06:52:16 am
torch slug since 2006
Let me know if this works. I changed target to 10.7. If it works then I will change it to 10.7 permanently.
EDIT: I tried 10.6 too but it error'd then, so 10.7 is probably lowest possible.

But anyway, why havent you updated to 10.9? It's free.
Attachment:
Quote from dunnius:
Time Split Tracker should handle centiseconds accurately (even with WINE, which is how I have been running it with streaming with my 32 bit 10.6 machine)

But that is for real time only (correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I used TST).  The spreadsheet is an alternative to ShitSplit for game time, which is useful for games like Sonic and Punch-Out.
Intruding N313 and F014
I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve.  Do you want to enter the game time into the split program (which TST supports with split editing) and display the differences in seconds, not converted into hh:mm:ss? (This is super easy to add to TST as an option.)  That is what I am getting from looking at the spreadsheet.
Also, I misunderstood your use of centiseconds, which to me is 0.01, so my previous post would have been confusing to you.
This might make it easier to understand: http://www.twitch.tv/ihdl/c/3848670

Basically for games like Sonic that tell you game time after each stage, we used ShitSplit.  This was perfect for my runs of Sonic 3 & Knuckles, which only uses minutes and seconds.  Technically ShitSplit supports centiseconds, which is needed for games like Sonic CD (or the hack in the video), but it has a bug that makes it inaccurate.  In the video I use the spreadsheet which handles the timing correctly.

Can you show me an example of TST handling game time?
@tiburonCS
Quote from DJS:
Let me know if this works. I changed target to 10.7. If it works then I will change it to 10.7 permanently.
EDIT: I tried 10.6 too but it error'd then, so 10.7 is probably lowest possible.

But anyway, why havent you updated to 10.9? It's free.

oshit really? lol i'm dumb. i will test this anyway when I get home, and then upgrade.
Intruding N313 and F014
I was going to respond sooner, but I wanted to have an update.  I am going to add an option so the user can choose whether to start the time in hours, minutes, seconds, or centiseconds.  So choosing minutes would make an 1:30:00.00 be 90:00.00, and so forth.  I will get to this sometime when I am less busy.

I'm still not sure how game time would be handled outside of entering it manually.  A game like Mike Tyson's Punch-out stops the clock with various events, so a timer won't work for it.  I suppose a game with a consistently fast or slow clock could be handled with a time conversion ratio.

Time Split Tracker has a mode where you can show(and edit) the elapsed time for a split instead of its total time.  If the times are entered manually, there is no need for the timer to run.  I already added, and will be on the next update, to be able to enter any split in the current time column.  It was only allowing only those that had a split done.  I will add an option to default to show elapsed mode on startup so it doesn't have to be set everytime.
@tiburonCS
DJS I tried Splits on 10.7, I have a feeling it's not supposed to look like this: http://puu.sh/7DpoS.png

I clicked edit splits but can't seem to edit anything, other than clicking +/-.