Sad
page  <- 123456789101112131415161718 -> <- 1 .. 8 .. 18 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Fucking Weeaboo
Sounds like an excellent addition as well. I can add in an FTP for that, though the question is do we want it public or not, since I haven't seen an option to limit type of permissions from my host, only what folders are accessible.
Edit history:
dunnius: 2012-08-07 06:19:02 pm
dunnius: 2012-08-07 06:18:24 pm
dunnius: 2012-07-30 02:42:42 am
Intruding N313 and F014
Here is a new version of Time Split Tracker for Windows.  I have been working on the Mac version and I hope to make a Linux version in the future.  I made a portable class to do all the timer and split stuff, so I only have to write the display logic.  I will work on enhancing the Windows version more after I get a Mac version done.

This program works on Windows 2000 and up, and could even work on Windows 95/98.  This is why I started working on this; I needed a program without dependencies.

This has notes for splits, to help remember what happened in a previous run when there is a time difference.  Double-click on a time to read and change the note.

You can also modify the split's time by double-clicking on a split's time.  This is most useful to adjust the current run's split in case you hit the split late or early.

This can compare the current run against multiple split sets, which show up as additional columns.  Only the rightmost column gets copied into from current if there is an improvement.  I have an example file that shows this; it uses both my splits and Master 88's for Metal Gear.

I also added an option in the ini file to automatically copy (and save) the splits if it was an improvement.  This is something honorableJay mentioned that can be useful.

Edit: combined posts.

Here is the mac version of Time Split Tracker, with almost everything done that the PC version has.

This does not have the settings, nor does it have the ability to edit notes and times.  I have yet to do that.
Also, the scrolling doesn't work if there are too many splits for the screen height.  I need to get PresJPolk's help to figure that out.
Edit history:
presjpolk: 2012-08-06 12:08:57 am
HELLO!
Yes! Must try it!  Thank you!  Saves me the trouble of finishing the one I was writing from scratch!

Edit: Just tried it. Looking great, just great.  Thanks for this.
Edit history:
dunnius: 2012-08-17 01:58:56 am
Intruding N313 and F014
Here is an updated Time Split Tracker for both Mac and Windows. (mostly fixing a few minor bugs and some display stuff)

Edit: The Windows version here is out of date.  See a later post for the updated version.
HELLO!
Thanks man.  That's more legible now at a distance mid-run. Smiley

Still some things I'd love to help you with if you had the sources somewhere like on github or whatever: enabling some global hotkey options, fixing the scrolling issues, and for myself i'd still like to have the option of using a larger/different font.  When I'm sitting back, playing mid-run, that tiny font might be hard to read. Though it'll be easier now than when it was green or red on gray. Smiley
All the things
Suggestion for wsplit: a field somewhere that shows the sum of all the best segments (a "theoretical" fastest run based on current best splits). It's possible to do this now by copying and pasting the best segments out to Excel or some other program, but cutting out the middleman would be better Smiley
I thought this option already existed. Right click->Track best as...->Fastest to each split. Though since I've never used this option, it may not be what I think it is.
Fastest to each split means the fastest you've ever gotten to that split from the start of the run, not the fastest time from the previous split. Your time on the last split would still be the record in that case.
Not a walrus
Quote from Omnigamer:
Suggestion for wsplit: a field somewhere that shows the sum of all the best segments (a "theoretical" fastest run based on current best splits). It's possible to do this now by copying and pasting the best segments out to Excel or some other program, but cutting out the middleman would be better Smiley

I wouldn't mind making an interface for wsplit to make use of my time-tracking site, but I've brought that up before and nobody seemed interested. My site has this feature and a handful of others that wsplit doesn't.
A friend of mine (Xunkar) is developing a new timer program and I thought I'd share it with the SDA community :

Quote:
I would like to share with you a software I’ve been working on for the past month: Llanfair. It’s a tool made for timing videogames speedruns (you can see me stream from time to time on twitch.) Few tools exist in this area and they lack important features, so I went ahead and started working on my own timer. Now I’m confident the software is ready to be released although there are still plenty of features I’d like to add in the not so distant future.

So why, as a speedrunner, would you be interested in Llanfair? First of all, it will help you time all of your runs and compare your performance with your previous run. Then with its flexibility you will be able to customize it to your needs and offer your viewers a good-looking detailed feedback on your run.

Llanfair is comprised of a few different sections, here’s a little breakdown of the information being displayed, from top to bottom:

Header: Displays the title of the current run and the goal (your previously established time.)
History: Displays a customizable number of past segments with their established split time (the moment in the run where the segment ended,) their live split time and the delta between the two. Can be toggled on or off.
Core: Displays the most important information, namely: the segment you’re currently running with its established split time and segment time, and the two timers. The biggest one times the whole run, while the other times the current segment.
Graph: Provides a more visual feedback on your performance. The axis represents your previous run, if one vertex is below, you are doing a better run, if it’s above, it’s worse. Then, if the graph is going down you did a better segment, a worse if it’s going up. The time represented by the maximum ordinate in the graph is displayed as its scale. Using the mousewheel allows you to change the scale, effectively zooming in or out. Can be toggled on or off.
Footer: Displays information regarding the previous segment. In its most simple form it shows the segment time and the delta with its established segment time. You can use a detailed version which will add information on its split time.
Of course, you are able to change every colors, key bindings and much more. Here is the dialog where you will be able to do just that: (do note that you access Llanfair’s menu by right-clicking anywhere inside the window)

Here’s the download link if you want to give it a try and see for yourself: Llanfair.zip

If you encounter any bug or have a suggestion to further improve the software, please leave a comment here or on Xunkar's technical blog.
That is absolutely great. I think this is what I'll be using from now on. Thank you for sharing it with us.
HELLO!
I think I saw Trihex using that?  The graph looks familiar, and it did look interesting.
Edit history:
Bohrdom: 2012-08-13 07:57:01 pm
Trihex is actually using the Detailed Window of Wsplit which basically the same informations as the History panel in Llanfair. The graph though doesn't work the same way (Llanfair's functioning is explained above but Wsplit's I could never figure out).

Glad people find it interesting. Smiley Btw, I'll try to keep this thread up-to-date with newer versions that will come in the near future but you can still check Xunkar's blog in case I forgot.
HELLO!
Ah OK. I was sure I'd seen that kind of graph before. Well, good work!
Intruding N313 and F014
Quote from Omnigamer:

Time Split Tracker does this, and it is also compared against the current run.  I should display the comparison change of the best split and the current run as well as the currently displayed overall time difference, since I have both.  Perhaps making the display toggle between both would be good because there is not room for more stuff. 

Quote from presjpolk:
Thanks man.  That's more legible now at a distance mid-run. Smiley

Still some things I'd love to help you with if you had the sources somewhere like on github or whatever: enabling some global hotkey options, fixing the scrolling issues, and for myself i'd still like to have the option of using a larger/different font.  When I'm sitting back, playing mid-run, that tiny font might be hard to read. Though it'll be easier now than when it was green or red on gray. Smiley

I'm going to make some more changes to the program to allow for customization, then I can send it to you.
Professional Second Banana
I'd be interested in wsplit (or another timer program) allowing for custom counters like deaths, random encounters, etc, that could have hotkeys set for incrementing.
Edit history:
Bohrdom: 2012-08-14 03:39:52 pm
I don't think any timer can do that yet but Llanfair has just gone to version 1.1 and when I brought it up to the developer he found the idea interesting and said he will work on that, if you can explain a little further what you would need/want though it will help him know how to display it.
I want off the ride....
ok well for like something i'd be interested in, cause FF4 is annoying like that, is i dont know how many random encounters i get in a segment and that can influence the time a lot in a SS run. so something that could either track (as a whole or by segment) the number of "random battles" {incremented by us obv} that would be helpful in determining how that segment actually was. Cause its hard to tell if i lose time if its to the BOSS or the battles before it, ya know?

the deaths would just be a different thing probably for runs that use death abuse or people trying to learn a new run type (megaman) to mark where a death was so we can see what actually saved time (-1min here? why? oh yeah i died.. etc)

those two are the big ones. That i can think of./
Edit history:
Bohrdom: 2012-08-14 08:02:04 pm
I let Llanfair's developer know that, we didn't think of it but you're right : it could actually be pretty useful to know what went wrong in a run and it has been added to the to-do list. If you have anymore ideas feel free to post them on his blog directly so that he can have everything in the same place. Smiley
Professional Second Banana
Quote from RaneofSOTN:
i dont know how many random encounters i get in a segment and that can influence the time a lot in a SS run

That's exactly what I'm after too with FF9.
Intruding N313 and F014
The problem with extra counters for a split is space on the screen.  Time Split Tracker has notes for a split, which is a memo field, so you can keep track of anything in there.  I use it to keep track of what mistakes I made and the time loss for each, so I can check later why a time difference occurred, and have also used that to figure out goal times.  Keeping track of encounters/deaths and the time loss would work in notes as well.
The thing is (I guess) you can't edit your notes while running and you might very well forget a few things here and there afterwards that would be interesting to know.
Edit history:
dunnius: 2012-08-14 07:22:41 pm
Intruding N313 and F014
Any of that would usually be done while watching a completed run, but that depends on free time during the run.  I suppose I could do key assignments to keep track of counts and put the totals in the notes, though a time loss value would still have to be done manually if the user chooses to do so.  Deaths would certainly have a variable time loss, but a back attack or surprise encounter would make things variable as well.
I don't think screen space is much of an issue for Llanfair, although I can't really say much about other timers. The way I would like to see additional counters is an add variable feature. The user could add as many additional variables they feel they need. They could then decide if they want it vertically on one side or if they want it horizontally. I think it would be better, in terms of keeping the timer small and succinct, if it would be an option between graph or variable, but I can see a few reasons for having both. (i.e. RPG games)

It looks like I might be switching over to Llanfair over wsplit. I like how it's a lot larger than wsplit, meaning it's a lot easier for viewers to tell what's going on when streaming.
That's what we've always been focusing on with Llanfair : making the information as clear as possible for the speedrunner, as well as his viewers. We haven't decided yet how it will be displayed but the kind of counters you're talking about will definitely be in a future release. Wink